Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: FBI Profile of a Vx owner

Next time i score a goal is for you keith

Just don't do it on a penalty kick !!

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Whether you like the game or not, you have to admit they fall over like little girls when another player gets within touching distance.
    I simply won't watch the game because of it.
    Put them in a man's game and see how much talent they have.

Now, where has the missus gone - I might need to hide under her skirt 'cause some big bad soccer men will be after me.

PK
    I wasn't gonna get involved in this, but I have to now, I do not follow soccer, but based on your logic PK, games like Basketball, where if you touch their arm, you are in the wrong and all action stops so they can rest, and games like baseball, where no one really does any actual physical activity would be consider non-sports in your eyes.
    Be careful, some close minded American may catch on to that...then you might be in big trouble. They may put on 40lbs of pads and then run into you...

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I wasn't gonna get involved in this, but I have to now, I do not follow soccer, but based on your logic PK, games like Basketball, where if you touch their arm, you are in the wrong and all action stops so they can rest, and games like baseball, where no one really does any actual physical activity would be consider non-sports in your eyes.
    Be careful, some close minded American may catch on to that...then you might be in big trouble. They may put on 40lbs of pads and then run into you...
    Hi Marlin, not quite the right line of thought mate.
    I have no trouble with people that play non contact sports - I used to play some myself along with my years in AFL (Australian football) (Not top grade I must add. LOL).
    What I don't like in any sport, is people over reacting to a slight touch to get a free kick or whatever. What ever sport you play, play it like the rules intended, and don't act like a crybaby if you get bumped.
    Trouble with soccer, is that the crybaby syndrome is so prevalent that from a spectators point of view, it ruins the otherwise good talent of the players.
    I hope that explains my thoughts a bit better.

Oh - and bring on the big fellas with all their padding, it would be fun bouncing off all that soft stuff.
    Oops, gotta hide behind the missus again.

PK
    Last edited by PK : 07/24/2009 at 05:19 PM Reason: addition
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Hi Marlin, not quite the right line of thought mate.
    I have no trouble with people that play non contact sports - I used to play some myself along with my years in AFL (Australian football) (Not top grade I must add. LOL).
    What I don't like in any sport, is people over reacting to a slight touch to get a free kick or whatever. What ever sport you play, play it like the rules intended, and don't act like a crybaby if you get bumped.
    Trouble with soccer, is that the crybaby syndrome is so prevalent that from a spectators point of view, it ruins the otherwise good talent of the players.
    I hope that explains my thoughts a bit better.

Oh - and bring on the big fellas with all their padding, it would be fun bouncing off all that soft stuff.
    Oops, gotta hide behind the missus again.

PK
    LOL, I understand what you are saying, but man, hav eyou ever watched an NBA game, those guys fall down all the time, any way they can to push a foul.

I pretty much dislike ALL professional sports. There is not a man alive worth millions of dollars a year to do anything, least of all play a frickin game. That sends such a horrible message to our kids, "don't worry boy, you don't need an education, just hit the gym, so when you get hurt, you are completely worthless."
    With that said, I played soccer for 12 years, recreationally, and I got hurt plenty of times, but from a professional aspect, those guys don't make much money when they are hurt, and that goes for all sports, so they tend to puss it up a bit. I get what you ar saying PK, but from an athleticism point of view, nothing competes with soccer. All other sports, except Rugby, those guys are just crazy, have almost as much downtime as there is game time. And only require significant thought from a few individuals. *sigh* I can't believe American Football players make millions a year...what is wrong with my country?!!

BUMP for... you know who you are.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

OUTSTANDING! Thanks Zeus!!!
    Return evil for evil to no one...as far as it depends upon YOU, be peaceable with all men. Romans 12:17, 18