Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI Profile of a Vx owner

Lightbulb FBI Profile of a Vx owner

While taking a shower, (I know, sounds weird), I thought of an interesting thread.

If the FBI were to profile, stereotype, generalize...a VX owner, what would their file say? I am gonna add the stipulation as current Vx owners, because I would guess first gen owners and 2nd/3rd gen owners are different. I would never pay 35K for a two door SUV, especially back in 99-01. So there will certainly be differences between original owners and current owners (if not the same person).

I would start with:
    Vx owners love attention!!
    FBI style:White, male, >27yrs old? likes outdoors, shoot, this is starting to sound like a singles ad...

Not sure on age, I know there are a few younger, but once again, its a generalization. I will be 30 soon, I know Bart is 33, Tom is old(jab), Riffraff is old(jab again), Scott is really old(I don't jab senior citizens,it's not nice)

LIST:
    Loves attention

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Marlin,

We where actually talking about this at our last Colorado VX meet and really couldn't come up with a "typical" VX owner. I thought that since these things where so odd and "designerly" that there would be a bunch of people in the design field (artists, architects, graphic engineers, etc.) attracted to them. I know that we have a few of those types around (heck, I'm an architect), but we really have a very diverse bunch of owners. From policemen to software engineers, students to retirees and all different ages.

The great thing is that the VX attracted us to it for some reason, and even with our motley crew here on the site, we all seem to get along (for the most part).
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Marlin,
    The great thing is that the VX attracted us to it for some reason, and even with our motley crew here on the site, we all seem to get along (for the most part).
    There must be certain things most of us have in common. My wife has a bachelors in psychology, she said "You (Vx owners) are all crazy, you love your car more than your spouse".
    I didn't really argue with her, she is the expert after all.

"diverse bunch of owners"

Despite our diversity, there must be some commonality.

I'll go with 'social'

Look at the number of posts here & you'll notice that we are a talkative group. Even the 'wet behind the ears' newbies talk up a storm. Case in point is Mr. Marlin here - only a member for 3 months & look at the controversy he has generated. Maybe he's just too young to realize that 'old & sneeky' beats 'young & energetic' hands down ... every time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Maybe he's just too young to realize that 'old & sneeky' beats 'young & energetic' hands down ... every time.
    LOL. Except in the Presidential election...sorry, couldn't help it.
    This it what happens when you do 5 deployments over 9 years at sea. There isn't a whole lot to talk about at 3 in the morning and you have to be there 6hrs straight at a time. Arguing is the only entertaining thing.

Back to the thread, I would like to add obsessive.

"I would like to add obsessive"

This thread won't be that much fun if you just throw out words. You have to justify why it applies.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    "I would like to add obsessive"

This thread won't be that much fun if you just throw out words. You have to justify why it applies.
    Fine, if you hadn't noticed, I changed my signature, I realized how crazy it made me look. I spent thousands in the last few months upgrading my Vx, maintenance, planning for Moab, goin to Uhwarrie in a few weeks, mods. I am obsessed!!!!!!!!!! Looking at pics and number of posts on this forum, we are all obsessive.

"I changed my signature"

I thought you were just taking my comment on 'people who generalize' to a whole new level.

The obsessive nature of VX owners is rather self explanitory - my comment was really for the next thread participants.

Talking

This is an interesting thread.
    To me the most expertise FBI profiler would have a hard time trying to put together the puzzle about what went thru the mind of a VX'er when he choose to get his hands on it. It's difficult to say though.
    I believe the word "GO FURTHER" has to do a lot with it,I mean,that's what I though of when i saw the VX for the 1rst time ever,it caused an psicologcal disturbance in our minds,that's probably why your wife told you we're all crazy.....yeah,I agree with her.
    The funniest VX "moment" I can recall of was with my girl friend;She were in venezuela when i bought the VX,at home I sent her few pics of the truck thru my cell to her laptop,after she opened she called me asking the common question: Que carajo es eso ? English translate: WTH is that? I told her: Vehicross honey,her replay:Te volvistes loco;English translate: Are you crazy ? That thing looks weird My replay: probably i just went further LOL
    The day i went to pick her up @ the airport & we walked out the exit gate my girl saw the THING out there awaiting for her to drive home she spinned around the "THING" & asked me : This thing comes with a helmet & oxigen gas mask,right? I told her: hey! Now you sounds weird though.She show me her nice smile,a quick wink & wisper : I love it.

Now,is deffinetly certain that driving a VX doesn't has nothing to do with your annual income,your educational degree,if you are single,divorced,live in US or australia,you're in NSA relationship or your wife just caught you chatting over the internet with your ex,if you collect playboy magazines,if you stil live with parents & got married 5 years ago or whatever comes into your mind.

So the FBI got lot of work to figured out a VX'er profile

My quote to the thread is VX is :

Mam....Dad....I don't want to be like you.......I want to drive a VX
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 04/01/2009 at 06:59 AM
    Dakar was just the begining.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    hmm, interesting thread for sure...

i think, considering our group here...

im gonna add ACTIVE outdoors

look at billy (triathelete), mark (mshardeman), me (snowboarding 2 times a week), bart (nfpgasmask), beau (ascinder)......and those are just the ones that come to mind....
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

not pertinent

Active outdoors not in my vocabulary

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Really? What do you do with your Vx, or are you one of those crazies that lowered it?!!! Sorry to those who lowered their Vx, but I just don't get it.

How about gun owners? Do most Vxers own guns?

I'm sure the FBI already have a file on me!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Soooo, I take it we won't see you for any VX camping meet ups, eh?

Bart

Talking as for my vx

What do you do with your Vx, (NFPgasmask)

It is stock driven on paved roads I just like the way lether feels against my naked butt

Soooo, I take it we won't see you for any VX camping meet ups, eh? (Bart)

No deliverance trips for me Bart, Give me a cabin or an RV a fridge full of beer and a gun to shoot deer from the porch. UUUUHWEEE thats what um talkin about. Oh and some of that nice quilted toilet paper.