Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Well ladies and gents...its dead for the time being.

Well ladies and gents...its dead for the time being.

Yesterday was a terrible day for me. I was driving down a two way two lane road when the woman in front of me desided to make some kind of u-turn in the middle of the road. I braked and tried to avoid hitting her but she just kept coming. So my passenger side front quarter hit her driver side door. My fender is crushed, the head light and turn signal are destroyed, the bumper is cracked to crap, the streering is obliterated, the hood is shoved to the driver side, and the suspension is all messed up. And to top it all off the cop desided that it was a "no fault" (i.e. she didn't feel like doing paper work). So its up to my insurance to cover it. My trucks assesed value is only $5,100. So this will probably total it out. Just thought I would let everyone know.

Custom Independent4x 4.5" suspension lift, Custom Independent4x 3" body lift, 36x13.50R16 Irok radials, 16x8 American Racing Mojave teflons, Warn locking front hubs, Independent4x extended braided brake lines, Independent4x heavy duty tie rods, Calmini extended bump stops, Calmini extended brake line brackets, Rancho RS9000X shocks,1.5" wheel spacers, And trimmed cladding

Unhappy

no way, sorry to hear that bro.I can't stand when people don't admitt and follow with their actions, man well Karma will be at hand. Sorry bro and I hope we don't see your sick rig in the "oh SH!7 list". Good luck Bratha.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

That is horrible. Your pics are one of the reasons I got my Vx.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Dang - & I was really wanting to meet the beast. Hope she's not totaled & you can get her back on the road.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Crap!!!! Sorry man. If you decide to keep it you might be able to get another VX and transfer you’re mods over with out spending any extra money. Hopefully your insurance company doesn’t try and screw you.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Boy thats really tough luck. Hopefully the bids are such that the insurance company will repair it.Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome. John

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    wow, thats really too bad!

i got hit in the same spot, just replaced a bunch of stuff and mine is still a little off but it works...

keep us updated!
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    That suxs...

I'm with Kodiak...get insurance money..swap your parts to a another one...

...and end up with a heap of useful spares too.

Hope it works out.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am so sorry to hear this. When any VX gets hurt it's terrible news, but when such a bad arse VX gets bit it's doubly painful. Hope you can get it back on the road soon.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Actually buy a new one...buy back old one for spare parts and the rear lift, tires and wheels then spend the rest on that SAS!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to see one of the big boys go down!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry!!!!! That is one of my nightmares! Keep us posted on what you decide to do, good luck with everything hope it works out as well as it can for you. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Crazy !!!! Stupid driver....

That is why mine is going into the garage and I'm goin back to my Honda CRV for the daily driver!!!

Sorry to hear about it....... You should have run her over.

Thumbs down

That is F messed up.
    The police didn't want to fill paper work & plea "no fault"? What kind of BS is it ? I don't get it,i mean,if there's a accident police report must be done,you can't choose that unless you guys have another kind of insurance regulations set up over there.You guys better explain that to me.

Sorry to see another VX bite the dirt man,your VX is the BIG FOOT of the lineage.

I'm sad,very sad
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 04/06/2009 at 02:12 PM
    Dakar was just the begining.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Messed up! So sorry to hear that! IF you get yours back and need parts, I have all the cosmetic stuff you need......
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Ouchy! Sorry to hear the news, I feel your pain. Starting to look more and more like specialty "insure to value" insurance will be the best choice for VX owners going forward. I have my antique trucks insured this way and it's way less expensive but I don't know how it would compare for a regular passenger vehicle.

Can you request a review on the no-fault assessment by the responding officer? I've heard of this in some circles but maybe some of our esteemed LEO family here can chime in with any avenues you may have.

In any case, hope you find a clear path!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...