Thread: PO's mod? Turn signal wiring split for window washer lights

PO's mod? Turn signal wiring split for window washer lights

While preparing to remove and replace the front cladding and front right turn signal light (PO damage) I got a bit of a surprise detaching the front turn signal lights: Looks like the PO cut and spliced the wire about an inch out of the light, BEFORE the connector, and ran the splice up to the window washer things. Now, the wire running up to what must be really tiny washer lights looks stock since it is covered by the yellow plastic flex tube, but the split and connection was very pretty ugly. And they didn't work.

So my question: Are the lights in the window washers standard, and if so how are they supposed to be connected?

I chose to disconnect the split for now, because I was also replacing the right front turn signal light, and I didnt want to cut the wires and splice in this apparent mod until I knew how it was supposed to be connected.

- Os

nope.. no lights on the windshield washer nozzles... not even the side markers on the VX flash from the factory.. many have re-wired them to flash though

Wow more investigation is called for, then. I am quite curious as to what the PO managed to get inserted into the washer nobules. He went through the trouble of making the wiring run look pretty, including use of that flexible yellow tubing, but did a bit of a mash up on the connections.

- Os

"He went through the trouble of making the wiring run look pretty, including use of that flexible yellow tubing, but did a bit of a mash up on the connections."

That's actually more common than you would think especially considering the length of the run of the exposed wires. I'm sorta opposite. I'll zip tie wires to other bundles & don't mind having 'over generous' service loops but the actual connections must be soldered & if not shrink wrapped, then taped (BTW, I hate crimp on electrical connectors too).

He probably had replaced the windshield washer nipples with lighted ones. When he decided he didn't like them (or they quit working), he went back to the OEM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

i put some on my mx5 but one of the lights went out .so i cut the wires.. but left tehm on the car.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...