Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HD tie rod adjuster

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    NT...Swordy still has his VX as far as I know. He dropped out of the wheeling when he hurt his back about 3 years ago. I am sure he would he happy to answer any questions you guys might have about any of his VX mods. His info is in his bio. He was lifted and locked front and rear and had made many heavy duty parts for his VX including the tie rods.
    Some of my fav Swordy Pic's

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Quote Originally Posted by VCrossfan View Post
    Some of my fav Swordy Pic's

WOW!!!!!
    That is all I have to say about that VX and the pics.

As far as tie rods, I have the complete OEM end set, brand new, I am gonna swing by Trident Tech next week and see what they can come up with. If not, I will be callin Indy, I do agree with the do not reinvent the wheel concept, I just want to cover all my options. I am seriously considering going with the Stinky Fab "bent" rear links, they are the lowest part of the VX, and I think would be very susceptible to damage on rocks. They also limit my skid plate options in the rear.
    I doubt I will do this before Moab, I will also get some contacts at the Uhwarrie meet. 2 weeks till Uhwarrie, 1 month till Moab!!!!!!!!!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    If you want heavy duty you'd definately want something a bit bigger than stock. I looked at one of Indy's at the San Diego meet (Rickshaw has a pair) and the rod ends are a lot beefier than stock.
    of course, I was just assuming that the weak link of the tie rod was the center piece. You could step up to any truck rod end, as long as dia. and length is correct and have the 1 inch hex stock drilled and tapped accordingly
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I am seriously considering going with the Stinky Fab "bent" rear links, they are the lowest part of the VX, and I think would be very susceptible to damage on rocks. They also limit my skid plate options in the rear.
    I doubt I will do this before Moab, I will also get some contacts at the Uhwarrie meet. 2 weeks till Uhwarrie, 1 month till Moab!!!!!!!!!
    Check for fitment on the bent links. They may hit on your slider mounts. This has been a problem in the past. Another option is to have your stock links "sleeved". Have a fab shop cut off one end, sleeve it and then weld the end back on. Or they can just build you a set of heavy duty links.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)