Thread: Reflective tape on my sliders

Reflective tape on my sliders

A few pics with the reflective tape on my sliders, they are incredibly bright (DOT sign tape) The yellow is almost a perfect match, so looks nice during the day as well. Also a few pics of my wife and I last night, 109th Submarine Birthday Ball. (The Vx is in the background in one, so it's related...

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    A few pics with the reflective tape on my sliders, they are incredibly bright (DOT sign tape) The yellow is almost a perfect match, so looks nice during the day as well. Also a few pics of my wife and I last night, 109th Submarine Birthday Ball. (The Vx is in the background in one, so it's related...

Nice pic marlin,I like the "JEEP RECOVERY VEHICULE STICKER" i'm quit sure many JEEPERS when they saw that might dropped few nasty words at you in their minds
    Dakar was just the begining.

Jeep owners really only know a few words anyway...bbbbaaaaahhhhhh, and mooooo, like all the other herd animals They just follow everyone else, only reason I can really think of that someone would buy a late model Jeep.

Marlin; Thats one fine looking VX and you and the Misses are looking fine too. It's obvious in that first photo that she is mighty proud of her own Submariner as am I. Thanks for the service you are doing for us and the good ol' USA. My son-in-laws father served in a sub in WWII in the Pacific and some of the things that go on in that service are not for the faint at heart. My hat comes off to you and your mates. On a sadder note I feel sorry for your neighbor. He has to park his Jeep next to a tricked out VX every day. I'm sure with regular visits to his therapist he will be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelin2 View Post
    Marlin; Thats one fine looking VX and you and the Misses are looking fine too. It's obvious in that first photo that she is mighty proud of her own Submariner as am I. Thanks for the service you are doing for us and the good ol' USA. My son-in-laws father served in a sub in WWII in the Pacific and some of the things that go on in that service are not for the faint at heart. My hat comes off to you and your mates. On a sadder note I feel sorry for your neighbor. He has to park his Jeep next to a tricked out VX every day. I'm sure with regular visits to his therapist he will be OK.
    Thank you for your support, I am not actually a submariner, my father was, and I spent about 3 years working on them, but I am an aircraft carrier guy.
    As far as my neighbor, he just moved in a week ago, brand new house. He is learning to cope with the VX, I think he may be self medicating. He is retired Navy, so he will be ok.

Hope you bought some extra tape. The first time you USE those sliders it will need replacing! But the fun you'll have at Uharrie and Moab will be well worth it. See you in a month!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

MARLIN--- Nice pics!!! Navy Whites are so cool (reminds of the famous movie starring Richard Gere). Is the cell phone an authorized uniform accessory (hmmm, now where's my copy of the regulation?) Nope, you've just earned yourself one gig & demerit Sailor! However, I highly approve of the forearm attachment (what a cutey)!

The 3M Tape looks sweeeeeeeet!!! It's amazing how close it matches the Proton color. In total darkness, I bet it just beams when illuminated by other vehicles headlights. You should either put reflective yellow or reflective black on the rear step bumper as well. What a cool mod-- adds style and safety, while being very affordable!!! Now; change out of those Whites, as I've scheduled you for some remedial training at 0400 that involves gray paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    MARLIN--- Nice pics!!! Navy Whites are so cool (reminds of the famous movie starring Richard Gere). Is the cell phone an authorized uniform accessory (hmmm, now where's my copy of the regulation?) Nope, you've just earned yourself one gig & demerit Sailor! However, I highly approve of the forearm attachment (what a cutey)!

The 3M Tape looks sweeeeeeeet!!! It's amazing how close it matches the Proton color. In total darkness, I bet it just beams when illuminated by other vehicles headlights. You should either put reflective yellow or reflective black on the rear step bumper as well. What a cool mod-- adds style and safety, while being very affordable!!! Now; change out of those Whites, as I've scheduled you for some remedial training at 0400 that involves gray paint.
    You, sir, have lost your mind. I can carry a cell phone, and with the new regulations can wear a cell phone, but it must be on the belt behind your arms normal hanging so as not to be seen from the front. Good thing you (officers) have Chiefs around to keep you in check.

MARLIN--- LOL, I knew that would get you all riled-up!!! Just keepin' ya on your toes. By the way, huge prop's go out to your fellow NAVY SEALS who just rescued U.S. civilian mariner Capt. Richard Phillips from those vicious Pirates of Somalia today on Easter Sunday (great timing).

Oh; and I'll still need you to show up at 0400 as you'll be the Supervisor of the Paint Taskforce, since I know you're well experienced with gray paint (LOL). Bring along some of your yellow reflective tape, as you can pinstripe the handrails on the ship's gangplank as well. Riff Raff

MARLIN--- LOL, I knew that would get you all riled-up!!! Just keepin' ya on your toes. By the way, huge prop's go out to your fellow NAVY SEALS who just rescued U.S. civilian mariner Capt. Richard Phillips from those vicious Pirates of Somalia today on Easter Sunday (great timing).

Oh; and I'll still need you to show up at 0400 as you'll be the Supervisor of the Paint Taskforce, since I know you're well experienced with gray paint (LOL). Bring along some of your yellow reflective tape, as you can pinstripe the handrails on the ship's gangplank as well. Riff Raff
    I was wondering how long we were gonna wait. I kept picturing the movie Navy Seals, when they call for "God" to give them a hand, he puts that round with the 50cal through the concrete wall. Our technology is way cooler now, enter three dead pirates.:madg: I am really surprised that it took 5 days.

As a good supervisor, I am gonna put my 1st class in charge, can't move up until you prove that your subordinate can do your job. I will be out fishing if you need anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Jeep owners really only know a few words anyway...bbbbaaaaahhhhhh, and mooooo, like all the other herd animals They just follow everyone else, only reason I can really think of that someone would buy a late model Jeep.
    I don,t want to even remember those days when i was about to sign a deal for a liberty renegade,i almost turned into the "dark side" thank god i got away.I still like grand cherokee SRT8 though,but i rather a more reliable truck such as the hummer

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    i rather a more reliable truck such as the hummer
    Ah yes, the Hummer. Damn economy forced GM to drop the entire Hummer line, and thus along with the new concept Hummer HX/H4. I had previously been saving my money up for an actual production Hummer H4 someday. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Ah yes, the Hummer. Damn economy forced GM to drop the entire Hummer line, and thus along with the new concept Hummer HX/H4. I had previously been saving my money up for an actual production Hummer H4 someday. Grrrrrrrrrr.
    Whilst heading back home I drove by a near by dealership & the had on the floor this nice 2004 H2 with only 50K for just 19999,sorry,i had to stop & ask about it.I never had the opportuinity to drive one in the past,but today was it,damn,i love that &*+_"ing truck.is like driving on a 2nd floor height. :_drool:

I might own one four years from now,hoping still working just six miles away from my house,if it happens i'll get my hands on one.