Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pacific Northwest Meet This Spring June 14, 2009

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I threw up a category in the Gallery http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...y.php/cat/3236
    For your pics.. Looks like a great event, good turn out!
    Scott / moncha.com

just a few shots.....

Watch Out for cops!
    Last edited by Moncha : 06/15/2009 at 01:42 PM Reason: Fixed image alignment
    Back To The Primitive!

Last edited by Moncha : 06/15/2009 at 01:42 PM Reason: Fixed image alignment

Uh yeah, that was a blast.

What a great group of people to spend the day with.

Thank you all for the turn out... what was it 11 VX's ? Pretty damn good.

If you have never been involved in a caravan of VX's before, I urge you all to get a meet together in your local area.... what a great time.

Thanks to everyone and nice to meet you all !!!!!

Great meet, great weather, great people, great scenery = GREAT TIME. Here are a few of our pics.

Looking up the Columbia River from Crown Point, Beacon Rock in the background.
    Attachment 1006

Heres Rowhard (just call him 'Strap' for short) planning his next piece of devilishness.
    Attachment 1007

This is what started the brewhaha with the authorities at Crown Point. Boy, those VXers are trouble makers.
    Attachment 1008

My favorite gal and copilot
    Attachment 1009

TooTallToo mounting up(he did this much faster when the authorities were taking pics of license plates). My shutter speed couldn't catch that.
    Attachment 1010

I don't know how to load these pic correctly so you have click on them to see em. Sorry, I'm of the wrong generation I guess. This was brought home Sunday when I found out I was the only guy there who had owned a rig where you engaged the starter by pushing on a pedal on the floor. I didn't get a chance to check with Riff Raff, he is my only hope of not being hopelessly ancient.
    Last edited by Travelin2 : 09/14/2009 at 08:46 PM

Awwww, memories... Rick, it seems like it was just yesterday when Ms Moncha and I were up in your neck of the woods.... I'm so happy to see a good event like this!

There was one negative think I heard while we were on the PNWVX meet.. as we pulled into the falls parking area ..I herd the dreaded words coming from a lady as we all slowly drove by.."OH LOOK..LOOK HOW MANY THERE ARE"..then the words i heard next ..."they are so CUTE"..grrrrrrr..my wife laughed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    There was one negative think I heard while we were on the PNWVX meet.. as we pulled into the falls parking area ..I herd the dreaded words coming from a lady as we all slowly drove by.."OH LOOK..LOOK HOW MANY THERE ARE"..then the words i heard next ..."they are so CUTE"..grrrrrrr..my wife laughed.
    Don, not sure if it was the same ladies, but when I did the 180 at the parking lot at the falls, following Rick to yet another bus parking only area, I heard one say to the other, 'Oh, it's those Isuzu things again'
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Wow guys! What a great turnout! I keep looking at the picture and wishing that I was part of it! What a cool day for you guys!

Definately count me in for next year! I'm in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VXGirlie01 View Post
    Wow guys! What a great turnout! I keep looking at the picture and wishing that I was part of it! What a cool day for you guys!

Definately count me in for next year! I'm in!!!
    VXGirlie01--- See, I told you via PM to find a way to skip out of your Porshe duties that particular Sunday. If you would have joined us for the Southbound I-5, VX-CONVOY, then there would have been a total of seven(7). As it was, we had six(6) VX's traveling in precision convoy style with all of their headlights on "high beam" during the daytime. It looked just like a military convoy going down the highway. The images I saw in my rearview mirror are priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    VXGirlie01--- See, I told you via PM to find a way to skip out of your Porshe duties that particular Sunday. If you would have joined us for the Southbound I-5, VX-CONVOY, then there would have been a total of seven(7). As it was, we had six(6) VX's traveling in precision convoy style with all of their headlights on "high beam" during the daytime. It looked just like a military convoy going down the highway. The images I saw in my rearview mirror are priceless.
    nothing like a convoy of VX'es. Wouldn't surprise me to have the Statie's asking us to split up, might cause a accident
    Last edited by rowhard : 06/23/2009 at 09:13 PM Reason: typo

Vehi-Cross-Az. This is the member who sells the VX emblems. I cant remember who asked. web sight is www.planetsvx.com .

Quote Originally Posted by AK Falco View Post
    Vehi-Cross-Az. This is the member who sells the VX emblems. I cant remember who asked. web sight is www.planetsvx.com .
    AK FALCO,

I was one of them, if not the one. I looked around and couldn't find anything so, thanks!

DON, which color / pattern did you bput on your VX ?? -- I thought it looked nice.

Ha, I read the early posts on this thread, I'm glad to see you are still hell-bent on going offroad in Woodland! It would have to be mild for my little all-stock baby to follow some of the beasts I've seen on this forum! Can't wait!
    I know you believe you understand what you think I said; but what you fail to realize is that what you heard is not what I meant.

TWORAVENS--- Thanx for the compliment. Yes, "MARBLE MOUNTAINS" is still my #1 focus for an off-road trail. However, a "pre-recon" of any off-road site is absolutely mandatory to ensure that the off-road trail is very mild in technical ability and can easily be negotiated with common street tires/OEM tires.

If the trail is determined too radical during the pre-recon, then we will look elsewhere for a more tame trail venture. Bottom Line-- We want VX's from all "walks of life" to be able to join us and not shun-out any VX's that may not have off-road specific modifications.