Thread: Pacific Northwest Meet This Spring June 14, 2009

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thought I'd "re-bump" this thread for "AK FALCO"

Thanks riff..... still working out the "Search Bugs". I am down for a meet.
    Back To The Primitive!

Ingredients for a good meet are:

• A meeting place at the geographic center of attendees
    • Good, inexpensive food where we can be a little loud w/o disturbing others
    • A large parking lot or open area for showing off VXs w/o blocking traffic
    • Located for an easy one-day trip for outlyers (Not too far from I-5)
    • A good backdrop for photo op

Long Beach is beautiful and fun, but would be a entire weekend event that would be more complicated with lodging, meals and family considerations. Attendance would be lower. I think it depends on if we want a more mundane meeting place with more participants, or the converse. Just my $.02
    Rick "Baxman" LaMarche
    Supercharged, Dynamated. SCCA Oregon Region rallycross class winner

portland...OMSI.<--tour on the sub...ZOO..<--look at animals.. mkminville oregon..<--big planes(sprucegoose and stuff..Columbia GOURGE<-----cool cruise and wild waterfalls...Just my .02
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Thanks for the input. It is all good info.

I also feel we need to keep the meeting location close to I-5. Make it a central location that participants can drive to in a couple hours.

I hate to say it but, around the Portland area may be the most central - considering those from Seattle and those from southern oregon would then need to drive a couple hours each. ( I konw that sounds self-serving, since I live in Portland but, it is not ment to be.)

We could meet at say 10:00 ~ 11:00 a.m. then go on a "drive" locally to some off-road places and hit a late lunch at a McMenamins Pub. Large rooms and noise is no problem: cheap good food and beer !!!

After that participants could still get home by late afternoon / early evening depending on where they came from. We could also have the meal at one of the McMenamins that offer lodging and those who wish to stay could get a room there and not worry about the drinking driving issue.

Let me know if the above sounds reasonable ( as a basic out-line ) and then we can get started on activities: Off-Road location, where to eat, etc.....

Input requested - all ideas welcome - we are brainstorming here so keep it coming.

Rowhard

Thanks for the PM. Your input is well taken. I tried to respond but my e-mail seems to have some bug at the moment....

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and that I tried to respond.

Keep the input coming !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KeithVXlvr View Post
    Thanks for the PM. Your input is well taken. I tried to respond but my e-mail seems to have some bug at the moment....

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and that I tried to respond.

Keep the input coming !!!!!!
    Ah, no worries, just wanted to share what I ran into when I tried it.

Portland area is fine by me, but not being from there, wouldn't have a clue or idea on what/where/when. As Baxman indicated in the other thread, I am more show then go so any serious off-roading would be viewed from a distant's by me.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Talking So has there been a destination set yet?

I would be very interested in Long Beach or Seaside. Especially since i live in the Long Beach area and my VX Proton is very well known! But nobody here has seen other VX's.

Quote Originally Posted by The OC Proton View Post
    I would be very interested in Long Beach or Seaside. Especially since i live in the Long Beach area and my VX Proton is very well known! But nobody here has seen other VX's.
    meeting place has been set. Look at thread number 62 on page 5

Cracked light

Well, one of you at the meet had a cracked right front, can I really call it a fog light? I emailed most of ya with a negative response, so I will do it here. WAS IT YOU? Email me, I located a replacement for you. 10 bucks plus shipping from NYC

i had the stainless VX on the front ...i was looking for a fog light lens for the pasenger side .....mine is not cracked ..I did have a driver side one that was cracked and replaced it ...

Dagnabbit! Because I am so LAME and haven't been following this site in a very long time, I missed this meet by a measly couple of weeks??!! I have programmed my computer to remind me next spring that there might be a potential 'nother one of these, I don't intend to miss it again. Oh well, at least that will give me time to shine 'er up a little beforehand, maybe a mod or two before then as well...
    I know you believe you understand what you think I said; but what you fail to realize is that what you heard is not what I meant.

TWORAVENS--- Don't give up hope on this year. There are a few of us members still working behind the scenes for an "off-road" trail VX-Meet later this Summer/Early Fall.

The focus of the "off-road" VX-Meet would be a very mild follow-the-leader type mountain trail most likely in the Cascade Mountain Range with a grand vista viewpoint and possible picnic at the top of the peak.

Like the last VX-Meet, it would try to be along the Southern I-5 corridor; however, this time near the City of Woodland, WA with close proximity to Portland, OR so those members from Oregon could attend as well.

Stay Tuned.