Thread: 2009 Tone/MOAB Memorial t-shirt

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2009 Tone/MOAB Memorial t-shirt

I have recently started working part time at a design company that manufactures custom t-shirts and anything related to custom printing so I have talked to Scott about making the t-shirts and decals to honor our late friend and fellow VXer Tone.

We already had great ideas thrown around on the other thread and I want to continue that here, I will post the art work before we go to print of course to get everyone's feedback on both the t-shirt and the decal. As far as the decal goes I think I will just simply give what Scott already did to the art guys and see if they can just "clean it up" a little and make it stand out a bit more.

For the t-shirt I need from all of you:
    -t shirt color suggestions
    -printed image color suggestions
    -images (photos of Tone's VX and Benz in action)
    -phrases from Tone (i.e. "VX gives you wings")
    -rough estimate of quantity and sizing
    -any artwork ideas

T-shirt plans so far: I think everyone likes the "tone" volume knob from the other thread so I need Mark (MSHardeman) to send me the original "tone" volume knob photo (as large as possible) and then we can put a number 11 on there.

I am thinking of the tone volume knob on the back with a phrase or simple logo which would include something like "2009 Moab honors Tone Monday, 1961-2009" or "Tone, you will never be forgotten", something very simple, or nothing at all just the image.

On the front I was thinking about "Moab 2009 VX run honoring Tone Monday 1961-2009" being the only easily legible print not too large starting in the upper left hand corner of the front of the shirt. Then as a background slightly going to the right of the shirt and going down the left hand side of the front of the shirt I want some shots of Tone's vehicles (VX and Benz) in action, these images would either be faded out slightly or simply outlined lightly. Then in the background tying it all together I want some not so legible phrases like "VX gives you wings" "stop talking about it, and actually do it" and other Tone phrases to once again not be bold but just used as a background to tie it all together.

As far as price it will heavily depend on artwork/style etc, but ballpark what I was thinking was at or under $10 a shirt and free t-shirts to Lisa and Tone's family. All suggestions welcome.

Feel free to contact me at ryanh@buffspec.com

~Ryan
    Last edited by LittleBeast : 04/20/2009 at 02:52 PM Reason: added e-mail address