Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Saying goodbye is so hard

So sorry Chopper! I feel for you.My dog Jax probably won't make it thru summer. He is 12, that's old for a Boxer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Unhappy

A close friend of mine wrote a most wonderful musical called BARK! that is opening around the country and South America. Anyway, there is a number sung by one of the "dogs" who has grown old and sick. It's called "A Grassy Field" and someone posted the audio up on YouTube. It's a ten hankerchief song, but wonderful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiADsg-cJ6E
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Sorry Chopper.

Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

So sorry to hear this. As someone who's had dogs for 20+ years I know this is one of the hardest things in life to go through.

Sorry to hear it Chopper.

When it is time for my dog Snickers to go, I am pretty sure I will be a mess for quite some time.

Hang in there and know that we all feel for you.

Our thoughts are with ya man!

It's strange in a way how many of us enter into the care of animals for companionship knowing the pain that awaits us down an all too short road. Maybe we're better for having known them and having selflessly provided the care and love they may otherwise have not known. And yet again and again our hearts prove vast and uncomprising in showing the same to the next joyful addition in our lives whether furred, feathered or scaled.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Tough saying goodbye.. A dogs plea reads that when quality of life demisnishes and life is no longer fun for me "please see my trusting life is taken gently knowing with my last breath my fate is safest in your hands"

Sorry Chopper..

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    It's never easy but finally a time arrives when you know in your heart it's right and your baby is ready too. Today is that day and you'll find peace in it.
    I've found lots of comfort from a website a friend told me about.
    http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
    It's not weird or dorky, go ahead and read it, it's short, and let the tears flow, the images it creates for you will be wonderful and will comfort you.
    I cry with you today.
    Kat thank you for sharing this beautyfull poem, I love it.

I never shared any pics of my beloved friend ( prince ) who i brought along with me from my country,i left behind two beautifull australian parrots which i had since i were 23,now i'm 34;Thank good the person who i left them with has took well care of them ever since i came to the US.
    With god's spare i'll able to see them next year when i travel over to visit old friends & relatives.
    The night before boarding the plane i locked my self in my room & talked to them,they remained quiet & actually listen to every said word,i apolagize my self for leaving them behind.

I went thru a sad situation with my 1rst doggie,a playfull spanniel named ron at the age of 11.
    Ron were a gift from the embassy of algeria where my mother use to work in venezuela as english translator.The first three years was all perfect life,but then he develope a heart condition due bacterial infection,the vet told us he'll be able to live few more years,but no hope,after 9 months he wasn't able to even walk without sufferin
    g a lot of fatigue,I was rectulant to accept that ron needed to go,he was suffering & did,'t want him to die.My father talked to me & made understand that ron must leave to rest in peace.
    The day we drove to the vet & cried like a baby because i knew i was loosing the best dog i've ever deal in my life
    I remained along side ron while the vet applied the injection to end his suffering,ron looked at me like he knew what was going on & his brown eyes offering a "thank you for being my friend" his heart started to pump slowly till his eyes closed for ever.
    It really hurt me loosing ron,i was just 11 & i promised my self not having another friend like ron afraid to loosing him again,then i give up my word six years ago when my girl who knew my huge love for pets show up with prince,a beauty of white mini puddle puppy of three weeks.
    I grief ron for months & probably for years,but prince had fullfil that hollow a lot
    I know many of us went thru this situation at least once,but it do helps talking or writing about your experience
    Dakar was just the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    Sorry Chopper.

I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you for the kind words and thoughts. Krystal did not wait for the vet, she passed on her own at 3:24 in the afternoon...lying on her loveseat. It seemed painless, and fairly easy...after the last couple days, it was a relief of sorts. Smartest dog I've ever met.... It was honestly a privelige to have been part of her amazing life, and I'm glad I was there with her at the end....she will never ever be forgotten. Thanks again, for all the love guys.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Unhappy

AWWWW MAN...

Very sorry to hear of this Chopper.
    My sincere condolences to you & your family.

Yeah, it gets a bit easier with time, unfortunately, it hurts like hell now.

Keep the chin up Bro.

I'm sorry for your loss, Chopper.

I bet Krystal is pain free and chasing a rabbit somewhere.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Chopper,

I've been through this myself...

Sorry to hear, man.

Cy
    - you have to know what it is to know what it is -