Thread: Saying goodbye is so hard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Saying goodbye is so hard

[url=http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/10902][/url My very best friend of 13 years is leaving me...there's nothing to be done for it. It's been comming for about a year, but somehow, she just keeps going. This dog has survived several operations, two litters and one Rattlesnake bite...she's a tough girl. Maybe it's just the topper on a really hard year...maybe I'm just getting old....but I'm crushed. I've been crying like an eight year old for two days now. I've lost lots of dogs, horses, and on and on over the years. I grew up on a farm, and have been surrounded by the life and death of animals forever...so I know the deal...but damn....damn. The vet will be here between 6 and 7 this evening...and that will be it...damn. My heart is broken

Sorry for the loss man. I look at my dog every single day and tell myself that day will never come. Never an easy thing. They aren't man's best friends for nothing.

Hang in there.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Chopper, I am terribly sorry for your loss. This kind of thing is never easy, but be comforted in the fact that she lived a great life. They seem to be here for such a short time, but they make our lives so much better both while they are here and long after they are gone.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

'01 Ebony Black VX, 0801; '01 Kaiser Silver VX, 1002
    I'm sorry for your pain, Chopper. We went through this over a year ago. It's one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I don't know the details, but I know this has been a rough year for you. Sometimes the bad stuff comes in bunches.............

Never to be forgotten

My sympathy goes for your chopper,i know how it feels when the unevitable comes by.

Tears has no age when it concerns your beloved ones,even that one who walks on four legs,she knows that you loved her & will be missed for ever.

Hang in there & remember those moments when she make you smile wagging her tail every evening you drove back home or those weekends sharing good times playing around the yard

I love pets & when they do get into your heart it's hard to accept some day they'll not be there anymore around us

God bless
    Dakar was just the begining.

Sorry for your loss.
    I went through the same thing a few years back.
    Lost 2 of my best friends. They lived to 15 and 16 years.
    I know how you feel.

Words cannot cover it

It breaks my heart to hear that Chopper. I've got one that is 12 and I try to enjoy her everyday, as I know she is only on loan. Yet I'm very thankful for the gift.

Sorry Chop, this is something all of us dog lovers come to face at sometime. My little CeCe is my BFF and I can't even imagine.

I feel for you, brother.

Bart

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    I look at my cat of 14 years every day and wonder how much time I still have with her. She is one of those cats that has brought laughter, fun, love and thousands of evenings of warm laps. You have given your girl the gift of a wonderful life and she has given you unconditional love and companionship.

It is only at the end that I must remind myself that there is one final gift to give - the gift of a gentle death. And if death doesnt steal her away from me quickly, I will have to weigh with a sober and steady mind when that time is. Stay strong for her - and hang in there. My thoughts are with you today.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

It's never easy but finally a time arrives when you know in your heart it's right and your baby is ready too. Today is that day and you'll find peace in it.
    I've found lots of comfort from a website a friend told me about.
    http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
    It's not weird or dorky, go ahead and read it, it's short, and let the tears flow, the images it creates for you will be wonderful and will comfort you.
    I cry with you today.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

once again I hate these threads..... I feel sad to think that someday my Gracie will be gone.

no more pain..... peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    It's never easy but finally a time arrives when you know in your heart it's right and your baby is ready too. Today is that day and you'll find peace in it.
    I've found lots of comfort from a website a friend told me about.
    http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
    It's not weird or dorky, go ahead and read it, it's short, and let the tears flow, the images it creates for you will be wonderful and will comfort you.
    I cry with you today.
    Kat thank you for sharing this beautyfull poem, I love it.

I never shared any pics of my beloved friend ( prince ) who i brought along with me from my country,i left behind two beautifull australian parrots which i had since i were 23,now i'm 34;Thank good the person who i left them with has took well care of them ever since i came to the US.
    With god's spare i'll able to see them next year when i travel over to visit old friends & relatives.
    The night before boarding the plane i locked my self in my room & talked to them,they remained quiet & actually listen to every said word,i apolagize my self for leaving them behind.

I went thru a sad situation with my 1rst doggie,a playfull spanniel named ron at the age of 11.
    Ron were a gift from the embassy of algeria where my mother use to work in venezuela as english translator.The first three years was all perfect life,but then he develope a heart condition due bacterial infection,the vet told us he'll be able to live few more years,but no hope,after 9 months he wasn't able to even walk without sufferin
    g a lot of fatigue,I was rectulant to accept that ron needed to go,he was suffering & did,'t want him to die.My father talked to me & made understand that ron must leave to rest in peace.
    The day we drove to the vet & cried like a baby because i knew i was loosing the best dog i've ever deal in my life
    I remained along side ron while the vet applied the injection to end his suffering,ron looked at me like he knew what was going on & his brown eyes offering a "thank you for being my friend" his heart started to pump slowly till his eyes closed for ever.
    It really hurt me loosing ron,i was just 11 & i promised my self not having another friend like ron afraid to loosing him again,then i give up my word six years ago when my girl who knew my huge love for pets show up with prince,a beauty of white mini puddle puppy of three weeks.
    I grief ron for months & probably for years,but prince had fullfil that hollow a lot
    I know many of us went thru this situation at least once,but it do helps talking or writing about your experience

Sorry to hear Chopper...I hope what I'm going to tell you helps. I went through this same thing a few years ago with a great dog who's name was Friday, We named her that because the pound we got her from was going to put her down that day, so with 3 days left till Friday we brought her home. Long story short she brought happiness to us for almost 15 years. And at the end within 1 month her hair was falling out, she couldn't see or hear and stopped eating. I took her into my vet like I did once a week for the last 3 weeks and this visit he said there's nothing more that can be done. So I had her put down, it was very tough but I stayed in there with her and she went without a struggle thats when it hit me that she was ready to go and I was keeping her alive for me. I had a calmness come over me ( but still cried like a baby later from time-to-time) It hit me that she is at peace now, she had 3 days left to live in the pound and I gave her and she to me almost 15 more years of great times.. It will be tough but does get better. Think of the good times...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Thats sad to hear chopper. I hate these threads.