Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello all. Potential VX'er here.

And that might very well be the case if I do get one, but for now, I think getting used to getting stared at driving around in one that doesn't grab your attention from 3 miles away would take enough time to get used to. At this point, I'm thinking the Kaiser Silver is more to my liking. [/B]
    Unless you are very shy believe me - Proton Yellow is the way to be.
    At first I was afraid of this color, but now - whole two weeks from the purchase - I would not love different than that as much. Just think of it this way: there is no way I can loose my car on any size parking lot. No matter how crowded

Originally posted by yal^
    Unless you are very shy believe me - Proton Yellow is the way to be.
    At first I was afraid of this color, but now - whole two weeks from the purchase - I would not love different than that as much. Just think of it this way: there is no way I can loose my car on any size parking lot. No matter how crowded
    Well, I was considering taking it for another (longer) test ride to get a better overall impression of the vehicle, and to see if it suffers from any of the common ailments, so I guess you never know. Since I already know the owner from back in school, I have a good idea that it hasn't been abused, and the price is definitely in the right range, so that's another plus...........I'd better stop now while I can.

If you saw my car and my bike, you'd know how stuck on silver I am, which is why the Kaiser color is what I'd consider my first choice......but again, I guess a person just never knows what the future may bring......

I like the white the best... of course whatever color you get will be your favorit.. after that it's firefox... anyway it's your choice, and if you're getting silver.. I recommend the red/black seats... they're the best in my opinion

Here's a question about an aftermarket accessory that I think would be an excellent addition to a VX if I got one. (Those of you with two or more VX's might be interested too.)

We've all seen those license plate frames with the slogans that say, "My other car is a........". Well people are always asking what my car is when they see it, who makes it, what year it is, etc. So that, along with the questions I'm sure all of you are already familiar with made me think that a license plate frame that said, "Nobody knows what my other vehicle is either" would be kind of cool.

I'm still getting ahead of myself though.

Originally posted by driver3
    I like the white the best... of course whatever color you get will be your favorit.. after that it's firefox... anyway it's your choice, and if you're getting silver.. I recommend the red/black seats... they're the best in my opinion
    You're exactly right about that. Everyone's favorite color is usually their own.

Just so I'm clear on color choices though, I've seen that there are two different silvers available on VX's. The Astral silver looked to be a lot lighter than the Kaiser silver, which looked more like a charcoal grey. Am I seeing them right? Some of the pictures I've seen looked like they were taken on overcast days, so at this point I'm not entirely sure if one is in fact darker than the other.

You're correct,
    The 1999's came in the Astral Silver
    the 2000+'s came in Kaiser.

I'm partial to the Proton
    Scott / moncha.com