Hello everyone. First time posting on the VX board, so here goes. I'm currently considering a VX as a second vehicle, and wanted to ask about the parts and service availability that all of you have encountered since making your purchases...considering that they aren't made any more.

I was a bit of a gear head in my younger days, so a lot of the more routine (and possibly not-so-routine) stuff I'd probably end up doing myself. I was also curious about the availability of factory service manuals, or something similar, like a Chilton. I saw the cd-roms on eBay recently, but are actual books available?

I'm a member of another message board for my car (1994 Ford Probe GT), and as a result know all of the inherent quirks associated with owning one. Do the VX's have many of those common problems that I should be aware of as I start my search? It's always nice to be able to ask the right questions when you do find one for sale so that you can get a better idea of what you might have to deal with down the line.

Look forward to hearing from all of you. Wish me luck on my search.

Patrick