Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Swine Fever Outbreak.

Swine Fever Outbreak.

There are now cases confirmed in the UK ! More worrying to me is there is a case in London and i can assure you if it is as bad as they say then it could spread fairly quickly. It came over from Mexico and i believe there are cases in the US too.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/47231,...o-look-out-for

They recon 30-40% of the population could be affected which is un believable so lets hope it doesn't turn into a pandemic!!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    As long as people take precautions, and pay attention to their symptoms.....its not the same as a cough from allergies, you would have sudden onset of fever with cough, go to your doctor asap as medications need to be started within 48 hrs of first symptoms. I am sure this will be pandemic, we are only 1 phase below it here in the US. Wash your hands, dont touch any mucous membranes and stay away from large crowds where you chances are higher of being in contact with someone who has the virus.
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

We now have a two year old in Reno with it. I am not sure of his/her condition. It worries me for several reasons. Naturally the loss of human life is bad even though the world could use some thinning.

Other work related concerns.
    One, we have a production plant in Mexico. We ship product to the plant here and inspect, someitmes closely with an eye loop (jewelers loop). It is a ways away from Mexico City, so right now its ok.
    Two, they have told them to send any single, pregnant or nursing mothers home and take their children to the get checked.
    Three is from a business standpoint, we have been hit pretty hard and went from a 250 employee company to 60. Our bookings have come way up but its all based on Mexico producing the large quantity orders. If they shut the business park down like they mentioned yesterday, were SOL.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Don't believe the hype. If there were something else going on in the world, that story would be all over the news.

It's the freaking flu people! I'll make sure to put out a press release next time I get the sniffles...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Angry Thanks a lot !

And we all have THIS little PIG LICKER to thank......

Last edited by Ldub : 04/30/2009 at 07:19 AM

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    People dont realize how many people die EVERY year here in the US from the Flu.....like 30k a year, this might be worse but still its just the flu.......and you dont get it from eating pork, pork is yummmy!

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    People dont realize how many people die EVERY year here in the US from the Flu.....like 30k a year, this might be worse but still its just the flu.......and you dont get it from eating pork, pork is yummmy!
    To quote Vincent Vega...bacon is goooood...pork chops are goooood..

Man

I was hoping at least this site would be free from the hype the media is spreading on this. Every newspaper and media outlet in the world is hyping this and frankly it is nothing. More people are dying on the highways each day then will be sick let alone die from this flu. It is not even a particularly strong strain and innoculations and cures are available.

My main concern is having a job. IF they cause problems in Mexico then our plant shuts down and we probly dont last long. I know its just the flu and I am not worried too much about getting it.

Hype as far as getting sick, yeah. But if you think its hype and the CDC and WHO raise caution then its more than just being sick for a lot of people. The next thing would be to shut down the borders, that screws up my life and all the people I work with.

So dont talk like people like me are idiots for being concerned.

Ldub, I think its... bacon TASTES goooood...pork chops TASTE goooood.
    I love that movie.
    Last edited by CrnCnn : 04/30/2009 at 08:30 AM

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    Ldub, I think its... bacon TASTES goooood...pork chops TASTE goooood.
    I love that movie.
    Oh yeah...now I remember...

Yeah, IMO, it's all just massive media paranoia hype, as per usual. Sure, it is "bad", but the news media makes it sound like freakin' Ebola...

Bart

Bart, don't you still have a bunch of gas masks left over? Could I borrow one until this whole thing blows over?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    YUP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Yeah, IMO, it's all just massive media paranoia hype, as per usual. Sure, it is "bad", but the news media makes it sound like freakin' Ebola...

Bart

Its the only way FOX news...

.....can divert attention from O'B's first 100 days.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Bart, don't you still have a bunch of gas masks left over? Could I borrow one until this whole thing blows over?
    You know, I was really hoping that the hype does spur some sales on my site, but...

Bart

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    bacon TASTES goooood...pork chops TASTE goooood.
    New forum rule... Always verify your movie quotes at imdb.com...

Vincent: Want some bacon?
    Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.
    Vincent: Are you Jewish?
    Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
    Vincent: Why not?
    Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
    Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
    Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy [mf]. Pigs sleep and root in [poo-poo]. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got enough sense enough to disregard its own feces.
    Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.
    Jules: I don't eat dog either.

Etc., etc....