Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: People can be such... You know what I want to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    Bill--- I've only used the handicap parking trick on extremely rare occasions when I'm in/out in 60 seconds or less;
    One early morning about 15 years ago, I pulled into a disabled parking spot in front of a bank to use the ATM. As I was finishing, a van pulled into the other disabled parking spot. I said to myself, yea, bet your as handicapped as me,.... then this lady got out with one friggen leg. I bowed my head as we passed, said I was sorry and haven't done it since.

Just one of those life stories I like to share now and then

But back to the parking, have been known to kick a few doors, and slam my door into the side of their's
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    I'm the type that always parks "out yonder"...I figure I need the exercise anyway. And if I ever get to the point where I'm in "that much of a hurry", I try to step back & slow it down some...
    And yes, it's amazing that no matter where you park, there will invariably be at least one car parked in the next spot over when you come back...

I keep a pill bottle full of 2" roofing nails in my glove box for those "special" people...

Long ago, I was at a party where there was an aquaintance making @$$...
    One of my friends & I went out into the winter night & took all the wheel covers off of his benzo, & laid two in front of the front tires, & two behind the rear tires.
    Then we waited for him to leave. We had large larfs watching him first pull forward, flattening the front wheel covers, then backing up over the rear set...
    Ahhhh...to be young again...

No Thanks!...
    Last edited by Ldub : 10/08/2012 at 12:13 PM

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    These days it seems, there is a website for everything in life...

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    Good find !
    Dakar was just the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    ya, i think ill forever be known as peanut butter kid on this site lol
    LOL sorry!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

A nice handfull of Vasoline, spread on the front and rear windscreen, will be just as frustrating, without resorting to being an actual Vandal.....feel free to add styrofoam BBs, glittery mylar shapes, stripper sparkles, etc. .....which brings up another point.....one of those 1oz vials of stripper sparkle (glitter) poured down the cowling inlets can be real interesting too. TIP: Carry latex gloves...I always have some in the console

My brother made some pretty strong statements with Poo as well. His own and exotic Poos.....horse, dog etc. Alittle on the door handles.....a bit on the heads and exhaust.....and always down to cowling intakes.....much more creative than a dent. Painting the windshield black at nite

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    YUP!!

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post

I carry the printable "flyers" from this site with me all the time!

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I see both side

I see dicks who take up 2 spots because they think their **** doesnt stink. I park as close as I can to them to educate them. That is what the white lines are for people park between them In the event somone parks too close and I am in the correct paring spot area I simply adjust their passenger side mirror. It doesnt mess up either vehicl but is a pain because they have to get out walk around and adjust. I feel they might notice they are parked like ****.

I have to say I think the flyers/fake tickets are the way to go. Those at least leave no doubt as to why they were received. When all the other tactics that have been listed are employed, there's no guarantee that the offender is going to realize why it happened, and as a matter of fact will probably drive off wondering why someone ELSE just behaved like an @$$hole "for no good reason".

I see it all the time when confronted with tailgaters. When speeding up or slowing down doesn't work to get someone (usually talking on a cell phone) off my rear bumper, I just wait for an opening in oncoming traffic, move into the other lane, hit my brakes, and MAKE the tailgater move in front of me. But almost invariably, it's the tailgater who watches what I do, then drives on with a look on his/her face like they've just witnessed the actions of someone who has no idea how to drive correctly.

I just think some of these more subtly employed tactics are lost on the types of individuals in question, whether it be tailgaters on cell phones who probably can't walk and chew gum at the same time, or parking lot morons who apparently think their name is painted on every space.

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    I have to say I think the flyers/fake tickets are the way to go. Those at least leave no doubt as to why they were received. When all the other tactics that have been listed are employed, there's no guarantee that the offender is going to realize why it happened, and as a matter of fact will probably drive off wondering why someone ELSE just behaved like an @$$hole "for no good reason".
    Hmmm, good point. Ok, I guess it's two(2) snipped-off valve stems "AND" a flyer under the windshield wiper. Lesson learned.

It's frustrating but you're playing with fire when you retaliate. As Trek said, chances are they won't even learn anything anyway, and if you're unlucky enough to get caught in the act, you may find yourself on the receiving end of don's dad's fist or in a police report. Plus there's always the chance that the offender gets back to his car before you do, finds your smart *** note, and drags a pocket knife down the length of your cladding to make HIS point. And let's face it, chances are that the body panels are more readily available on his Tahoe than your VX.

So you may as well park as defensively as possible (not across two spots, that's just making yourself a target), take a deep breath when you see something stupid, and be thankful you have cladding where most cars have paint. Someone turns 16 every 8 seconds in the US, so unless you're prepared to get yourself a costume and cape and make this a full-time endeavor, you're wasting your time.

Wink

WOW...what a great idea for a thread topic...long time coming and wish I'd have thought of it!

Back when I was 18 yrs old and just got my first car (1969 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 V8 4speed) a brand new paint job and took my Mom to Giant Eagle to grocery shop...while sitting out in my car a big ole Bonneville pulls in beside me with the person shoulder blocking their sticking door open and into the side of my passenger door...denting the door & scraping the new paint. I leaped out and confronted them and they just smiled and weakly said sorry without much meaning. The longer I sat there the madder I got! As my Mom was returning out to the car....she had to witness me caving-in the side of their door with my hiking boots and then I powerjacked out of the lot.

I'm with Billy on the Handicap parking topic.

Before I started daily driving my VX to work...I recently (during winter) had a altercation with someone who pulled in beside me while I was sitting in the VX engine off listening to the radio. This guy in a 2X2 s-10 kept trying (and failing) to back into a spot next to my driver's side due to the 1.5 ft of snow in the lot. Finally he took a banzai run and made it cockeyed into the spot with his passenger door too close to my VX. Then, he gets out of the driver's side..walks around to his passenger side...throws open his door (without holding on) to get out a snow brush & scraper and hits my VX pretty solidly with me sitting right there. I put down the window (thank god they work...lol) and laid into him pretty hard and when he put his stuff back in his truck and went to walk around the front of my VX; I started her up (she was still in low-range and starts @ the touch of the key ) and blocked his way while telling him I treat ignorance WITH ignorance...you get what you give....haven't seen him since :bgwg: I inspected for damage & found none...now I feel pretty confident in the cladding's ability to protect unless you're parked next to a jacked up rig!

Now I have to witness idiots around my Mustang GT I parked @ an ice cream stand waaaaay off to the side in an empty lot with me being the only customer, only to have this J.A. (hint...a 4-legged animal that bray's kinda like eeeeeee-awwwww) park his like 15 year old Grand Cherrokee 10 inches away from my passenger side door with his vehicle not having a panel devoid of dentations & missing paint I stood in disbelief as he worked to get out of his jeep but managed to not hit my car....with 50 yards of other parking spots available MUCH CLOSER to the order window!

I've always done the LDub maneuver parking way out in the lot and getting both piece of mind & exercise to boot!

rant over....blood pressure reduced....thanks for listening!
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 05/03/2009 at 11:06 PM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    It's frustrating but you're playing with fire when you retaliate. As Trek said, chances are they won't even learn anything anyway, and if you're unlucky enough to get caught in the act, you may find yourself on the receiving end of don's dad's fist or in a police report. Plus there's always the chance that the offender gets back to his car before you do, finds your smart *** note, and drags a pocket knife down the length of your cladding to make HIS point. And let's face it, chances are that the body panels are more readily available on his Tahoe than your VX.
    I care not if they learn anything...my mission with the roofing nails is co$t & inconvenience.
    The increasing severity of the infraction causes the nail(s) to be placed closer to the sidewall. (possible new tire, as opposed to a flat repair)
    Makes me feel better, gives them a "bad day"...

Win-win in my book.
    Last edited by Ldub : 10/08/2012 at 12:15 PM

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post

So you may as well park as defensively as possible (not across two spots, that's just making yourself a target), take a deep breath when you see something stupid, and be thankful you have cladding where most cars have paint. Someone turns 16 every 8 seconds in the US, so unless you're prepared to get yourself a costume and cape and make this a full-time endeavor, you're wasting your time.
    Wisest post of the year...