Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: People can be such... You know what I want to say!

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    This was an excellent opportunity to demonstrate why the body cladding on VehiCROSSes make it inpervious to door dings, although at the expense of other vehicles...
    +1

Because of this, I never care. Though, there was one time years ago when I actually watched some redneck clown in a lifted-to-the-sky pickup bump my DS rear quarter with his door (high enough it cleared the cladding). I at least got an apology from the guy and about 20mins of convo about the VX.

My dad used to carry cards around with him and put them on other cars that parked too close. Similar to this....

Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Wow, in a way, I'm glad I'm not alone in this, I've been meaning to post this so many different times, and that dude in the OP was the last straw for me...

I seriously park like out there, there could be, oh lets say 20+ parking spots all around me that is available and when I come back, there is always that one A.H. that just has to park next to me, and I just stand there in aww at all the available parking around us...

Now at times, I don't mind when its an Hummer, Benz or something expensive, because "some" of them actually take care of there car and wouldn't just slam there door into me...

I'm goin to make my own little printout and post them on people windows for the J.A. of the day award... or something...
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    This issue really hits home with me, and is one of my biggest pet-peaves. Wherever I go and find a big parking lot, I too park way in the back; however, I specifically try to find an "end" corner spot (like next to a big tree planter) and then deliberately swing-in "cock-eyed" thereby taking up two spots diagonally. This method prevents people from parking on either side of me due to the tree planter/curb lay-out and the weird angle I entered across the two end stalls. Yes, I do get periodic looks by passersby and just shrug my shoulders and play dumb.

If I'm in a real hurry, I might steal a handicap spot upfront. Oftentimes, people have walked by and saw no handicap sticker/placcard on my vehicle and said to me "hey, what's your handicap for parking there???"-- I always reply with "I'm illiterate; can't read!!!"

I truly admire Don's Dad and Peanut Butter-Kid for having the kohonies in kicking in someones door. In my case; I choose to be a bit more stealth and refined, so I always carry a set of metal dikes/tin-snips in my glove box. If I happen to come across an @sshole, who deliberately parks too close to me or shows severe signs of disrepect in need of tutoring-- I simply bend down between the two vehicles and quickly "snip off" the two "valve stems" at the base of the two same-sided tires of the guy's car and then calmly drive away.

This method doesn't ruin their tires, but it definately ruins their day!!! They're then forced to call a tow truck and have the two(2) tire valve stems replaced by a professional tire shop causing an extremely severe hassle for them and a hell of a lot of wasted time. Riff Raff
    1st paragragh = part of the problem
    2nd paragraph = part of the problem
    3rd paragraph = vandalism and a crime

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ya, when i did that i was much younger and nieve...nowadays i just figure there is no way around it...if you really wanna be not apart of this...buy a cone, park next to a median in the back, put a cone in the spot next to your car..if i owned a very expensive car thats what i would do..
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    If I happen to come across an @sshole, who deliberately parks too close to me or shows severe signs of disrepect in need of tutoring
    You get elected to that position of judge, jury, and executioner, or anointed?

Hey Riff - "signs of disrespect" are merely signs of insecurity - seen in a mirror.

That makes two flames on me, I guess. I'll take the demerits, though - I feel the need to clearly and publicly distance myself from that sort of behavior in the VX community - the entire breadth of this country isn't quite enough distance in this case.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    I feel the need to clearly and publicly distance myself from that sort of behavior in the VX community .

Well put.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A couple years ago in Tucson we were waiting for my friend at a tux shop and this lady pulls up next to us when there are a good four other spots she could’ve chosen. She gets just as close as your Vegas idiot and opens the door right into the passenger side of my in-laws Cherokee. I am in the passenger side so I roll down the window and say in a not so nice and sarcastic voice “excuse me.” She responds back, “WHAAAT?!!”

She is mad at me!!!! This pisses me off even more, so I start yelling. Expletives are flying left and right, and then Cari rolls up my window from the driver’s side and puts on the child lock. It was that bad. If I could’ve opened my door, I would have got out. She was so close that I couldn’t get out.

I hate people sometimes. Lest be honest, most of the time. Especially when I don’t know them.

ya, i dont think i would want to see you getting out of the VX to argue with me....

you may be one of the last here that i would want to argue with clint...

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    ya, i dont think i would want to see you getting out of the VX to argue with me....

you may be one of the last here that i would want to argue with clint...
    Whatever, with all your experiance in martial arts you would mess me up.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    A couple years ago in Tucson we were waiting for my friend at a tux shop and this lady pulls up next to us when there are a good four other spots she could’ve chosen. She gets just as close as your Vegas idiot and opens the door right into the passenger side of my in-laws Cherokee. I am in the passenger side so I roll down the window and say in a not so nice and sarcastic voice “excuse me.” She responds back, “WHAAAT?!!”

She is mad at me!!!! This pisses me off even more, so I start yelling. Expletives are flying left and right, and then Cari rolls up my window from the driver’s side and puts on the child lock. It was that bad. If I could’ve opened my door, I would have got out. She was so close that I couldn’t get out.

I hate people sometimes. Lest be honest, most of the time. Especially when I don’t know them.
    note to self; don't EVER park close to Clint if Cari isn't there...

Whatever, with all your experiance in martial arts you would mess me up.

if i could keep your hands off me...which wouldnt be possible good sir...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    note to self; don't EVER park close to Clint if Cari isn't there...
    Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    if i could keep your hands off me...which wouldnt be possible good sir...
    You guys kill me. I dont get it, I am a big mellow goofball. Just dont ask Ascinder about our snow shoe experience

im a mellow guy too..takes A LOT to get me going...

full contact trained people are a lot different than a person with training in technique like me...

Talking Okay I have to go there

This pisses me off even more, so I start yelling. Expletives are flying left and right, and then Cari rolls up my window from the driver’s side and puts on the child lock. It was that bad. If I could’ve opened my door, I would have got out. She was so close that I couldn’t get out..
    I would have had to walk up and start making faces at you through the window. I do a lot of things that cause me to reflect later that they were not good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    I would have had to walk up and start making faces at you through the window. I do a lot of things that cause me to reflect later that they were not good ideas.
    Faces I can deal with, it probly wouldve made the situation better because we both wouldve realized how silly it really was. The thing that made me so mad was that she was mad that I was mad that she hit and dented our vehicle and parked too close....

Another thing is when someone almost side swipes you while heading down the road on their cell. I have been in other situations that were similiar because someone got mad that I told them to hang up their phone, or stop texting and driving.

Sorry, I am protective over my stuff. Especially the VX and especially when my wife is in it. When you almost hit me because your stupid, I am gonna have something to say.