Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gasoline stain on cladding...best way to clean

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    ..my mom warned me about to much sweet tea is bad for me ...if she saw this post she would say ..SE i told you .......RIP MOM..luvs

Mom is never wrong
    Dakar was just the begining.

but ive also spilled a few drops of seafoam on it, which i was freaking out about, but it dried and didnt leave a trace

An Idea

Kat, I don't know if you have them where you are, but here in Orlando we have guys that come around to the car dealerships and redye upolstery, touch- up bumpers etc. You might check with one of your local dealers and ask the "used" car manager if they have someone like that. Show him the stain and ask him if he has anyone that would know how to fix it. Here what they would do is use laquer thinner or bleach and lighten the stainned area only, then they would mix a dye to match the rest of the cladding. they would then spray the stainned area and blend into the other areas. Let that dry and blend the whole area with like MiracleOrrange or a similar product. Just a thought. Next question-gonna be in Orlando anytime soon?
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

It must have been the cleaner in the water or something that caused the stain. I've spilled gas on my cladding MANY times over the years and just let it dry on because I was afraid to touch it because of the sticker and there's no mark at all.
    Canadian VXer!

not a lot of dealers in

Quote Originally Posted by handeeman View Post
    Kat, I don't know if you have them where you are, but here in Orlando we have guys that come around to the car dealerships and redye upolstery, touch- up bumpers etc. You might check with one of your local dealers and ask the "used" car manager if they have someone like that. Show him the stain and ask him if he has anyone that would know how to fix it. Here what they would do is use laquer thinner or bleach and lighten the stainned area only, then they would mix a dye to match the rest of the cladding. they would then spray the stainned area and blend into the other areas. Let that dry and blend the whole area with like MiracleOrrange or a similar product. Just a thought. Next question-gonna be in Orlando anytime soon?

Dewey AZ. Hey Kat did you try the Orange Glow? Also I assume the wheel worked well for you?

I tried the Miracle Orrange, but not Orange Glow. Unfortunately the Miracle Orrange didn't work on the stain & acted like a dust magnet & made the cladding completely covered in dirt. I bit the bullet today and ordered the Refinish Restore stuff.....hope it works.

About the new rim.....funny you should ask Dave, I JUST got back from tire installation place, baby's got her new shoes! Look awesome!!!!!!!!! :bgwp:

New rim worked out great, I feel much better without those sharp edges hitting my tire.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtew View Post
    It must have been the cleaner in the water or something that caused the stain. I've spilled gas on my cladding MANY times over the years and just let it dry on because I was afraid to touch it because of the sticker and there's no mark at all.
    Since your VX rolled off the line immediately before mine, I'd guess our cladding is from same lot and you've had no problems....therefore, I agree, must be something related to us rinsing it with the mucky liquid used for washing the windshield...and/or something in the Chevron Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Since your VX rolled off the line immediately before mine, I'd guess our cladding is from same lot and you've had no problems....therefore, I agree, must be something related to us rinsing it with the mucky liquid used for washing the windshield...and/or something in the Chevron Supreme.

Hi sue i hope that stain don't let you have any nightmares

I guess you best move is to paint the cladding.

The other option as i said before you can buy a gallon of that same fuel at the same gas station & "stain" the whole cladding....well.......at least the color would match

PS : ! Don't get mad at me !

I was told that you can wash cladding with Tide liquid laundry detergent. It sounded like it might work but I haven't tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Hi sue i hope that stain don't let you have any nightmares

I guess you best move is to paint the cladding.

The other option as i said before you can buy a gallon of that same fuel at the same gas station & "stain" the whole cladding....well.......at least the color would match

PS : ! Don't get mad at me !
    Gussie- you're a genious! Why the heck did I just spend $40 + shipping on the Refinish/Restore stuff when I could have just spent about $2.35 for a gallon of Chevron supreme! 'Course probably would have gone up in flames next time somebody chucked a cig out the window!

You a verdy funny man, yes!

Got a light???

Talking

Gussie- you're a genious!
    I could have just spent about $2.35 for a gallon of Chevron supreme! 'Course probably would have gone up in flames next time somebody chucked a cig out the window!

You a verdy funny man, yes![/QUOTE]

Hi sue !
    What about adding a "NO SMOKING" sign on the VX !

Unhappy

Well, we can finally put an end to this thread......
    My last hope was the R/R....it's amazing stuff, but, it didn't cover the stain at all, so I give up!
    Anybody got a passenger rear fender cladding they want to dump for cheap?

Try washing it with Tide liquid or Spray&Wash stain remover. Since you've given up you've got nothing to lose until you get a replacement.

If it were mine I would go to a good body shop. They have things that stores don't carry. I bet somebody that has experience in painting or detailing cars has something that would work. I would give up on store bought cleaners.