Thread: Pittsburgh Dirt Days II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We are meeting for Dinner at the Rock Bottom at the water front in Pittsburgh: 171 E Bridge St Homestead, PA 15120 (412) 462-2739.

That is Friday night around 7:00, 6:30ish. You can't miss us in the parking lot. Keep in mind that is a 5 1/2 to 6 hour drive for you. The Saturday we are over at the Beaver Run Racetrack in the woods playing in the dirt. That is 45 min to an hour NW of Pittsburgh. BeaveRun MotorSports Complex 201 Penndale Road Wampum, PA 16157

You are more then welcome to join us. Saturdays off road run costs $40 or $45 dollars per car and driver, and $10 each additional passanger. I forget the actual price per vehicle.

Its a nicely led event where they have trail guides making sure all is well.
    Ryan Christiansen

Trooper Skid Plates, OME 912's, Stric9 Sliders, Load Warrior with extension, Apline sub in rear door, Apline front speakers, Alpine head unit, Definity Dakota MT 285/75 R16, Aussie Lockers Front and Rear, 4.77 gears and Warn Manual Hubs.http://picasaweb.google.com/RyanVehiX

Thumbs up

Thanks guys for a terrific time!

(I "almost" feel guilty about all the fun I had with all the Excessive Unsprung Rotational Weight and 2" of Lift that I'm sure will bring shame to my family for generations to come......ooops...wrong thread! Going to go to Confession to renounce those sins so I don't feel so...well for the lack of a better term...sinful.)

Not going to wash the VX for a couple of days (another sin!) as I don't have a pretty girl-friend like Crotchrocket to surprise me and do it for me...lol.

Can't wait 'til we all get together and do it again!

Later dudes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

It was truly an exceelent adventure. Once my wife gets the pics downladed, I will post a link. She used up all 4 gigs of space on her camera before we finished crash(?) rock. Course, problem is she does not have 4 gigs of open hard drive space. Hmm, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ99VX View Post
    It was truly an exceelent adventure. Once my wife gets the pics downladed, I will post a link. She used up all 4 gigs of space on her camera before we finished crash(?) rock. Course, problem is she does not have 4 gigs of open hard drive space. Hmm, we will see.
    Just upload straight to photobucket, it auto resizes to 15" monitor as well.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Talking Dirt Days II

Quote Originally Posted by NJ99VX View Post

She can feel free to "lose" the pics of me getting winched by the FJ if it will free up space.

Seriously though, that was the most fun I've had driving the VX yet. On road was fun, but man I had no idea what these things could do off road pretty much stock. I will be heading out again soon.

The best quote of the day came early morning when I heard one of the old timer Jeep guys exclaim, "Lookit, here comes another one of them Moon Buggies!"

Off to the power washer to pretty up for Monday morning.

Already washed it twice, and it still needs a third one. Also need to get something to help the cladding, the back to black has finally washed all off.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by PittVXr View Post
    She can feel free to "lose" the pics of me getting winched by the FJ if it will free up space.
    LOL..... You're not really wheel'in if you haven't been @ the other end of one of those strap thingies...

You really seemed to shine though after you ate lunch!

Can't wait to see the pics!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be checking the FJ site for 'photobucket' links to see what they uploaded too and put the link here.

I had the VX out today and it got more attention dirty than it ever did clean...lol.
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 08/09/2009 at 05:33 PM

Pic's or it didn't happen...thats the rule!
    Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Already washed it twice, and it still needs a third one.
    I still haven't gotten around to washing mine from Moab!
    Last edited by Triathlete : 08/11/2009 at 02:42 PM
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Sneak Preview

Here's one I snapped on my cell phone.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    I: still haven't gotten around to washing mine from Moab!

I had '08 Moab red dust still under my hood on the sheet metal (don't have the insulation anymore...squirrel, maternal instints, nest...) right up to 2 weeks ago when I had my VX detailed to enter a 4X4 show & forgot to tell her it (the dust) was sacred & to leave it be

One guy with a stock Jeep Grand Cherokee "tapped-out" and asked for his money back...guess his didn't have a "trail-rated" badge....

Ryan...the downside to your driveline mods is now the pics of your rig are "blurred" because you take the obsticles so FAST!

****checked the FJ site today for photobucket pics....still none yet....
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 08/10/2009 at 12:44 PM