Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Dirt Days II

Talking Dirt Days II

Quote Originally Posted by NJ99VX View Post
    It was truly an exceelent adventure. Once my wife gets the pics downladed, I will post a link. She used up all 4 gigs of space on her camera before we finished crash(?) rock. Course, problem is she does not have 4 gigs of open hard drive space. Hmm, we will see.

She can feel free to "lose" the pics of me getting winched by the FJ if it will free up space.

Seriously though, that was the most fun I've had driving the VX yet. On road was fun, but man I had no idea what these things could do off road pretty much stock. I will be heading out again soon.

The best quote of the day came early morning when I heard one of the old timer Jeep guys exclaim, "Lookit, here comes another one of them Moon Buggies!"

Off to the power washer to pretty up for Monday morning.

Already washed it twice, and it still needs a third one. Also need to get something to help the cladding, the back to black has finally washed all off.
    Ryan Christiansen

Trooper Skid Plates, OME 912's, Stric9 Sliders, Load Warrior with extension, Apline sub in rear door, Apline front speakers, Alpine head unit, Definity Dakota MT 285/75 R16, Aussie Lockers Front and Rear, 4.77 gears and Warn Manual Hubs.http://picasaweb.google.com/RyanVehiX

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by PittVXr View Post
    She can feel free to "lose" the pics of me getting winched by the FJ if it will free up space.
    LOL..... You're not really wheel'in if you haven't been @ the other end of one of those strap thingies...

You really seemed to shine though after you ate lunch!

Can't wait to see the pics!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be checking the FJ site for 'photobucket' links to see what they uploaded too and put the link here.

I had the VX out today and it got more attention dirty than it ever did clean...lol.
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 08/09/2009 at 05:33 PM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Pic's or it didn't happen...thats the rule!
    Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Already washed it twice, and it still needs a third one.
    I still haven't gotten around to washing mine from Moab!
    Last edited by Triathlete : 08/11/2009 at 02:42 PM
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Sneak Preview

Here's one I snapped on my cell phone.

Stole some pics from the 4runner who posted them in the beaverun forum. I have put them in my picasa album and mine will follow eventually.

http://picasaweb.google.com/RyanVehiX/DirtDaysII#

the first 5 pics are all of "Smash" rock, the last one is of PittVX going up a different hill. With the locker I never really stopped moving up the rock, while JollyRoger and PittVX had to a number of times, though they both got up. Its amazing what a stock VX can do. All of the stockish FJs that went through had rear E lockers.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Nice!...A couple of those pics really capture the "steep"...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    I: still haven't gotten around to washing mine from Moab!

I had '08 Moab red dust still under my hood on the sheet metal (don't have the insulation anymore...squirrel, maternal instints, nest...) right up to 2 weeks ago when I had my VX detailed to enter a 4X4 show & forgot to tell her it (the dust) was sacred & to leave it be

One guy with a stock Jeep Grand Cherokee "tapped-out" and asked for his money back...guess his didn't have a "trail-rated" badge....

Ryan...the downside to your driveline mods is now the pics of your rig are "blurred" because you take the obsticles so FAST!

****checked the FJ site today for photobucket pics....still none yet....
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 08/10/2009 at 12:44 PM

yeah, I know, oh well, maybe he should of signalled so I could have posed. I was amazed what the lockers really did offroad. kathryn still hasn't broken into our camera, she has been working on designing a patio I have to build for the house this fall, so as soon as we stop arguing about that she will get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ99VX View Post
    , she has been working on designing a patio I have to build for the house this fall, so as soon as we stop arguing about that she will get to them.
    Well, just give in so we can see the damned pictures already!!!!!!!!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

We have now argued more this week then the previous 5 years of marriage, but the plans are done and ready for the township to inspect. So, pictures are being uploaded to the picasa link I previously posted, though it says it will fill my account up, hehe, will update before I hit the bed tonight. As I asked my wife why there aren't any more pics of me over the obstacles she was not riding along in, her reply was, you were going to fast. HAHA. Okay, there is also some really good pics of JollyRoger Flexing out the VX.

Okay, we have uploading, pics are up.

*sigh*, much better, now I can finally go to work. Looks like a nice mix of mud and rocks, good deal. It was weird to see a VX towing an FJ down hill?

I am actually going to blame that one on the trail guides. You can see in one pic the guy is really far away talking on a cell phone instead of guiding someone who really hasn't been off road down the slope. Yeah how ya like that Mike? Or, maybe Mike should not tried to drive over a large rock with the center of his vehicle. But he learned quickly and that was the only incident of the day.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Looks like a nice mix of mud and rocks, good deal. It was weird to see a VX towing an FJ down hill?

it was a nice balance of some mudding and rocks; and I too performed the trick of "towing a VX down hill" myself @ Moab '08 on the VX Run...lol.

Mike really did well after his only incident and I'd say he is now officially baptized (read addicted, hooked, etc...lol). He could have skipped a few of the harder obsticles being stock & a first timer but sunk his fangs into everything the trail threw at him! I was impressed!!!

Thanks Ryan for uploading the pics (and your wifey for taken them!!!!!!!!). I already ordered all prints from the local Walgreen's and can't wait to show friends & family!
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 08/11/2009 at 11:32 AM