Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
I have to say that you and your Trooper make me eat crow for some of the things I have had to say about putting that much rubber on an IFS Isuzu! It just goes to show that a good, experienced driver can maintain an over-equipped IFS setup on difficult trails. 35's, lockers, 5.38's all equate to a sheyet-ton of leverage on those stock parts but a calm, steady foot plays well with them!
Well I have broken a couple of CVs in 2+ years, although one was entirely preventable, and the other probably was too if I had taken the time to get out and pick a new line. But I can get replacement CVs from a salvage yard for $40, and they pull them for me.

There are two schools of thought on lockers and CV breakage. Yes, lockers place more stress on axles, but IMHO more CVs are broken by shock loading than anything else. A front locker helps prevent the sort of scenario where a rapidly spinning tire suddenly contacts traction.

Thanks again for the run up 'the Creek - it was a fantastic day with the perfect number of rigs! Hope to see you again next year, Steve!
It was indeed a good day, if a bit long, but I think everybody pushed their respective envelopes some and learned in the process, that is when things get fun on the trail.