Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger

Hello, Robbomaz!
    As your Jackaroo?! The amount of the boost you reached? What Ecu use ?! what ratio use in charge to 2-3 psi ( standard motor 6ve1, without the catalyst). what improvements have applied for 4l3e? Thank you! :-)))

Quote Originally Posted by Robbomaz View Post

Our 'kit' was AUD 3300 without the SC. We sold 8 in the end
    I hear ya. Still sounds painfully steep to me since it isn't a full install kit, but I have seen Ford heads here in the states up up to $10k for blower kits (always Kenne Bell). I guess it all comes down to who has the $$ and and is willing to spend it.

I got the complete Alpine kit back around 2002 for $3300 (US) IIRC, w/ the upgraded pulley (6psi).

In any case, not hatin'. At least there is another option out there.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Custom painted S/C Ironman (ex. VX-King Copper, Rickster's Chameleon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    What's the current status on supercharging kits for the Vehicross engine? Is this the only option?
    In Russia we also have at least 3 Rotrex-based S/C kits installed with more available for sale (around $6k/kit),
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vSCOZOk1cg
    These, accoring to owners who switched from Alpine, are giving a much better performance increase.. they claim 6seconds to 100km/hr acceleration:
    http://forum.4x4club.ru/index.php?ac...=post&id=57875
    We also have one Kenne Bell s/c installed
    http://forum.4x4club.ru/index.php?s=...dpost&p=636086

Nikita - you should visit Russian VX site, vast knowledge base there, including on superchargers
    Vodka... Connecting people

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal21 View Post
    Which kit are you referencing? The Alpine kit or the one linked above?
    We (C-Red Tuning here in Perth WA.......that's Western Australia WA not Washington WA ) got Alpine to do a small rerun of the major parts for us to suit the MP90 SC, and made up 'kits' that bolted on to our Jackaroo (your Trooper) which came with the 6VE1 in its last years of sale
    The answer is more power! What was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    I hear ya. Still sounds painfully steep to me since it isn't a full install kit, but I have seen Ford heads here in the states up up to $10k for blower kits (always Kenne Bell). I guess it all comes down to who has the $$ and and is willing to spend it.

I got the complete Alpine kit back around 2002 for $3300 (US) IIRC, w/ the upgraded pulley (6psi).

In any case, not hatin'. At least there is another option out there.
    Yeah, the Alpine kit was well priced! When I talked to John Conchie, the original Alpine contact, he said they lost $ on every one they sold!

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaKoval View Post
    Hello, Robbomaz!
    As your Jackaroo?! The amount of the boost you reached? What Ecu use ?! what ratio use in charge to 2-3 psi ( standard motor 6ve1, without the catalyst). what improvements have applied for 4l3e? Thank you! :-)))
    Nikita
    Yes, Jackaroos! Most setups are just using 3 psi with the Isuzu ECU, with around 175 rear wheel hp.
    One is using 7 psi, standard ECU with a 7th injector for 245 rwhp
    One has aftermarket injectors, and a Haltech ECU for 265 rwhp on 8 psi - now has the engine apart to close the deck, lower compression pistons and tweak the oil galleries in anticipation of 'going nuts'!

All the hp numbers were with 33" tyres. Cant help regarding the auto sorry, we are all manuals. The US guys would be the auto experts for sure!

Thumbs up

Nikita
    Yes, Jackaroos! Most setups are just using 3 psi with the Isuzu ECU, with around 175 rear wheel hp.
    One has aftermarket injectors, and a Haltech ECU for 265 rwhp on 8 psi - now has the engine apart to close the deck, lower compression pistons and tweak the oil galleries in anticipation of 'going nuts'!

All the hp numbers were with 33" tyres. Cant help regarding the auto sorry, we are all manuals. The US guys would be the auto experts for sure!
    Thanks for the reply! At a pressure of 3 psi, what the ratio of the diameters pulley??

Petos, Hello! I am on our Russian forum and machine bought from the forum, read all the back and forth, generalizing information :-) will Soon begin its branch on the construction of the compressor VX

Quote Originally Posted by Petos View Post
    In Russia we also have at least 3 Rotrex-based S/C kits installed with more available for sale (around $6k/kit)
    Who is supplying those? Alas I'm not having much luck searching the Russian forum...

Nikita

Those are some low numbers (for base boost and power). I have been hearing 5psi with a basic Alpine kit. As HP figures, which dyno are you using? DynoDynamics?

Have you guys considered using AEM FIC for tuning? It is a piggyback system with a much better approach than the old Apexi AFCs.
    96 Eclipse Spyder GSX (already turbo, AWD swap)
    93 Eagle Summit AWD (4G63 turbo swaps)

Quote Originally Posted by Leon R View Post
    Those are some low numbers (for base boost and power). I have been hearing 5psi with a basic Alpine kit. As HP figures, which dyno are you using? DynoDynamics?

Have you guys considered using AEM FIC for tuning? It is a piggyback system with a much better approach than the old Apexi AFCs.
    We are always conservative in power claims Leon
    While the numbers seem low the gain in power is close to 30%, which is not to be sneezed at.....Seriously though there is a method in the madness
    You have to consider what environment we developed for - it was quite a simple idea - the main target (don't laugh now) was to be able to achieve 'float speed' over the infamous corrugations on the Canning Stock Route, about 105 km/h is enough speed to skim the tops - in the bottoms is a fine clingy dust that is worse than mud for rolling resistance, you either do 100+ or 20, anything in between shakes everything to pieces
    With a truck loaded for two weeks camping even redlining third before picking fourth she simply didn't have the grunt to hold float speed even at WOT, with fuel use around 35 litres per 100
    Even with 280 litres of fuel tankage that's not enough. Fuel depots can be 1000-1200 km apart out there.
    It is possible to get a very very long way from the nearest human/fuel/beer etc in Australia (Well, maybe not the beer) so the first priority was bulletproof reliability
    Here we found that 5psi was 95% or more injector duty cycle, with the start of detonation audible in the headphones so we took 80% duty cycle and no knock at all on 91 octane as the base. In parts of the Outback the only fuel is a product called Opal (developed as a fuel you cant get high from sniffing...a problem in some of the Indigenous communities...you can fill in the blanks there!) which is in the 80's octane wise, so we considered that sometimes you might have Opal mixed with your 91-to-98 octane good fuel, or a whole tank of the stuff.
    All the kits we fitted we did 'before and after' on our own Dyno Dynamics.
    My own truck dynoed at 134hp before, 175 after on 3.3psi at 81% duty cycle

The truck that did the Stock Route did 128hp before, 174 after, 3.2 psi and 80% duty.
    On a revisit to the CSR last year he found that not only could it achieve the required speed in fourth it did it at 40-50% throttle, and returned 22l per 100. This despite having added a rooftop tent and roof rack.

Mission accomplished

Custom painted S/C Ironman (ex. VX-King Copper, Rickster's Chameleon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starglider View Post
    Who is supplying those? Alas I'm not having much luck searching the Russian forum...
    A Russian VX enthusiast who who put together a kit (similar to what Robbomaz did).. PM me if seriously interested..

Hi guys...
    Been following this thread for years...

We ran 0.48 bar (7psi) on 95 with stock injectors with no problems on the old alpine chargers... (201 rwhp) I have the graph somewhere... (122rwhp before charger)
    My friend runs a vortech charger at 8.7 psi with stock injectors and piggyback with HUGE inter cooler... producing 240 RWHP!!!! Its been running for that for about 140 000km with NO issues whatsoever... It runs stock compression as well....
    The inter cooler makes a HUGE difference to get the temps down...
    I prefer the roots charger as the centrifugal ones has a turbo like lag...

This is my build....
    Hope to crank it in the next 2 months...

http://4x4community.co.za/forum/show...rcharging+6vd1

Quote Originally Posted by 2strokespirit View Post
    Hi guys...
    Been following this thread for years...

We ran 0.48 bar (7psi) on 95 with stock injectors with no problems on the old alpine chargers... (201 rwhp) I have the graph somewhere... (122rwhp before charger)
    My friend runs a vortech charger at 8.7 psi with stock injectors and piggyback with HUGE inter cooler... producing 240 RWHP!!!! Its been running for that for about 140 000km with NO issues whatsoever... It runs stock compression as well....
    The inter cooler makes a HUGE difference to get the temps down...
    I prefer the roots charger as the centrifugal ones has a turbo like lag...

This is my build....
    Hope to crank it in the next 2 months...

http://4x4community.co.za/forum/show...rcharging+6vd1
    Always fascinates me how what you would think are the same cars/engines give such different results!
    Interesting thread too - apart from when you drop into your mother tongue I grew up in die Vrystaat - or Oranje Vrystaat as it was then - but since moving to Au have lost most of my Afrikaans
    I've talked to Dave about the intercooler manifolds but actually bought any yet. I'll be interested to see your results!

Always fascinates me how what you would think are the same cars/engines give such different results!
    Interesting thread too - apart from when you drop into your mother tongue I grew up in die Vrystaat - or Oranje Vrystaat as it was then - but since moving to Au have lost most of my Afrikaans
    I've talked to Dave about the intercooler manifolds but actually bought any yet. I'll be interested to see your results!
    LOL.... Seriously? When did you move and why?

Hello, 2strokespirit!(Brosdoring)
    http://4x4community.co.za/forum/show...rcharging+6vd1 - Very interesting topic!
    I have 6VE1 on my ISUZU Vehicross. I start the installation Magnusson MP90 4-th gen. All the details set plan made independently. There are some questions:
    where do you get the casting manifolds and inlet for supercharger MP90 ?