Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
Your sweet plywood intake reminded me...

I'm just throwi'n this out there as food for "you know what"...

I haven't looked at my stock intake plenum in years, but remember the top & bottom halves come apart...

Would it be possible to utilize the bottom half of the stock intake, to connect to the intake ports on the heads, & fabricate/machine a flat plate to seal the top, that the S/C would be attached to? I was thinking 1/2" aluminium plate.

Like i said, it's been years, so I've probably overlooked a detail or two, but I always thought that this might be an improvement over the cast iron intake lump that I originally received from Alpine.
Cast iron? You scared me there, I had to check.....the one we will be getting (from Alpine or elsewhere) is aluminum.
Regarding the stock intake idea, I actually consider the manifold in the kits to be a worse design! It would be great to be able to take advantage of those beaut vertical runners to slam the charge into the engine. (An engineer here in OZ actually developed 350 Chev heads that used that principle for drag boats - the manifold looked like a big spider sitting on the engine!) and maybe even retaining the dual length runner system - but there is one major issue: height. The SC would sit so high you would need a Pro Stock bonnet scoop

Anyway, my Frankenstein project 'Jackadeo' will have body back on chassis soon so I will be able to seriously measure & see - that has a 60mm body lift but will still give us an idea
Cheers for now
Rob