Got it, thanks.
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)
    OK lads here it is..............and the results have blown us all away

Car ran well right out of the box - we've lost the graph of this actual engine but from memory it was 134 hp, not too bad for a 430000 km 6VE1!

130 hp graph is a stock 3.2 SOHC

166 hp is 2 psi

188hp is 3 psi There is a caveat though - the 188 hp was at 100% injector duty so that is the absolute limit of the stock hardware, real world tune with stock hardware is realistically about 177hp

The SC is hardly working at all and there is a 25%+ power gain, and more importantly the low rev power is well over stock!

More work to do but very very exciting

The answer is more power! What was the question?

Nice, get some bigger injectors in there and tuned with a piggyback system (say a megasquirt or something similar) to get DC around 80-85% at full boost, say 8psi, and it'd be making some good power! Is this on a chassis dyno I take it? And is it running through a 4wd auto trans?
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    Nice, get some bigger injectors in there and tuned with a piggyback system (say a megasquirt or something similar) to get DC around 80-85% at full boost, say 8psi, and it'd be making some good power! Is this on a chassis dyno I take it? And is it running through a 4wd auto trans?
    It is a chassis with a drivers seat on a chassis dyno
    We are still working on cracking the ECU, got to where we can see the tables, but can't yet tell what we are looking at! Not keen on piggy backs - (we are Haltech agents) but not ruling it out.
    Certainly the potential is there for quite a bit more power above what the factory hardware can deliver

You can also increase fuel pressure for additional fuel up to the point that the ecu can still lean it enough when off boost.

After a certain point fuel pressure becomes diminishing return though and only atomises the spray better.

John C.

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    It is a chassis with a drivers seat on a chassis dyno
    We are still working on cracking the ECU, got to where we can see the tables, but can't yet tell what we are looking at! Not keen on piggy backs - (we are Haltech agents) but not ruling it out.
    Certainly the potential is there for quite a bit more power above what the factory hardware can deliver

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsauce View Post
    You can also increase fuel pressure for additional fuel up to the point that the ecu can still lean it enough when off boost.

After a certain point fuel pressure becomes diminishing return though and only atomises the spray better.

John C.
    Ya, an FMU would work but only to a point and it's not the safest way to do it. For 8psi though I'd run it.

So what is the end goal Rob? Just to get a S/C up and running on your VX, or to develop your own kit for resale?

Forgive me if this was explained earlier in the thread, I'm reading the forum on my BlackBerry so I don't have the hour required to read back through the entire thread.

Custom painted S/C Ironman (ex. VX-King Copper, Rickster's Chameleon)
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    So what is the end goal Rob? Just to get a S/C up and running on your VX, or to develop your own kit for resale?
    Definitely not the first option.. since Rob doesn't have a VX to begin with
    Vodka... Connecting people

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post

Forgive me if this was explained earlier in the thread, I'm reading the forum on my BlackBerry so I don't have the hour required to read back through the entire thread.
    Developing the kit for sale is the goal, supercharging my own Isuzu crossbreed on the way All the major parts for 8 kits are sitting in my garage!

There are quite a few people waiting for us to get this sorted, it has taken about twice as long as expected due mostly to the casual attitude of Alpine

Quote Originally Posted by Robbomaz View Post
    Developing the kit for sale is the goal, supercharging my own Isuzu crossbreed on the way All the major parts for 8 kits are sitting in my garage!

There are quite a few people waiting for us to get this sorted, it has taken about twice as long as expected due mostly to the casual attitude of Alpine
    Have you got buyers for all your kits??

If not, do you have a price yet??

I am in Tassie, so could do a test fit of all components on a VX before you send any kits to the USA if that is any help.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

A couple of questions for Those That Went Before:
    Anyone remember what the original Alpine kit sold for?

And did anyone end up buying one of those $250 SCs Magnusson sold on eBay? (we bought four)

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Have you got buyers for all your kits??

If not, do you have a price yet??

I am in Tassie, so could do a test fit of all components on a VX before you send any kits to the USA if that is any help.

PK
    We haven't sold any kits - 3 are accounted for here by the main protagonists of the kit revival, which should have left 7 for sale, but Alpine STILL have not come up with the missing parts, so in reality we will have 5, perhaps 6 at a slightly higher price (given that we paid Alpine for 10 sets of parts)

I think the Alpine kit was like $500 or something.

J/k, I think it was at least $2500 or possibly as high as $3500. But please please please try to keep it lower if you can, especially for those of us in the States who will get absolutely RAPED on the shipping.

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    I bot one.
    Roy