I'm definitely in. The longer the lead time the better.

Maintenance begets trouble-free mileage.
I drove the VX across country and half way back this last Winter/Spring.
Any vehicle driven will have issues. There's no real fear of stranded motorist with cell phone technology.
'Just drive and live.
I put money away in a 'oh crap' fund, monthly like I'm paying a small car payment. This is better than a fraudulent extended car warranty, IMHO.

If we get the map right, the farther drivers will be passing by the closer drivers, and mini link-ups could be made for convoying and expedient minor maintenance.

Land Rover club members used to have such a map that I used to my benefit once, as I broke down in my '72 88" Short Wheel Base driving from Georgia to Kansas. I broke an exhaust manifold stud outside of Kansas City and I called a member on the map, there. I had printed out members that were enroute on my trip. I performed a make-shift repair in their garage and spent the day chatting and eating.

Though, such a map would only be useful if members here weren't somewhat inhibited to post their phone numbers in their profiles, signatures, or for a future interactive VX member map. 'Just an observation.

Moncha, you're on to something, here. One other suggestion is to have maintenance/mod sessions. Maybe not a window-fixing party, per say, but if one member had the knowledge and parts and wants to display a repair/mod, he/she produces a how-to paper and demonstrates the repair/mod on his vehicle or someone elses. This would also boost up the unrealized potential of the VX.info how-to section, get members who are maybe nervous about doing certain maintenance (oil/diff fluid change, transmission service/flush), or mod (like me and the rear door popper), and further be a good activity for those who don't wish to offroad.

OK, that's enough from me...