Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best Price Nittos

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    DUDE...

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Okay, now i have accepted I am a Zoid.

And as far as the picture by my name, your loss cuz I had a good one.

...if the pic is THAT good....

...its worth the $20.

Not to mention , 50 posts in yer first month...

...$20 is CHEAP ..to save $$$'s on info you get HERE !

Just saying....

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And I'm gonna have a Petticoat Junction flashback here...

This is Uncle Jo
    And he drives the Offroad Ho
    To the junction...

Moab Junction!

you know it was set in a small town called Hooterville...lol
    Jo would like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Sooo.....what is the real difference between the Nitto Terra Grappler model "285/60R18 120S" and the "LT285/60R18 E 123S" that they list on their site? (these appear to be the only two sizes available by Nitto in 285 and 18 that will fit the VX).
    The 123S is a little more expensive, but the 120S seems to be an extra load size which you'd think should be more expensive....confusing?

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    in tire lingo the 120 is for the load it can handle ..120 is around 3000 lbs per tire...the S is for the speed rating ...S is for 112mph after 112mph the tire looses its shape and gets warped.

Quote Originally Posted by VX4EJR View Post
    Sooo.....what is the real difference between the Nitto Terra Grappler model "285/60R18 120S" and the "LT285/60R18 E 123S" that they list on their site? (these appear to be the only two sizes available by Nitto in 285 and 18 that will fit the VX).
    The 123S is a little more expensive, but the 120S seems to be an extra load size which you'd think should be more expensive....confusing?
    Two Words: "TIRE WEIGHT"...........is the major difference. The Nitto - Terra Grappler in 285/60R18-120S is heavy, and the LT285/60R18-E-123S is heavy "er". NITTO, USA does not list the specific weight of their tires on their website and that is extremely unfortunate. You will have to send them an E-Mail and ask for specific tire weights.

On the other hand, VX KAT's choice of the new radical-looking COOPER - Zeon "LTZ" is just a baaaaaaaad-assssssssss tire and only weighs 49 lbs. Get the brand new COOPER - Zeon "LTZ" in P285/60R18 and never look back. Less Weight + Less Expensive = More Happy!!!

Are we there yet mom?.....I feel like that's what I want to call and ask the tire shop..."Are they there yet?" No, Suzy, we told you, not until Friday 6/5! But it will be one week tomorrow...where are they coming from? MARS???
    ARGHHH!

I don't do "be patient" well!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

the "e" load rating makes the tire consierably heavier.. and considerably stronger when it comes to the sidewall.. so if you do hard offroading, the E load rating is probably best.. just looking for good all weather traction for on road.. you could probably get away with the lower one

i just noticed that all of the nittos listed were s speed rating.. are there higher? pretty sure the stock duelers were H speed rating, dropping two levels will probably affect your handling a decent amount

Wohoooooo!

WOHOOOOOO!
    Decided to call & check with tire shop...WOHOO! They were in (and had been since last Friday:madp:...they told me 6/5), anyway, they are BIG & MEATY! None of the shop guys thought they were goin' fit...even I had my doubts once I saw how big they looked!

There were some Nitto TGs (Giant 325s!) in the shop so it was great to see & compare both side by side. The Cooper's are a bit more "aggressive " looking, nice square shoulders, really cool tread pattern, will bit into dirt etc..really well. Filled them to 40 psi, but Riff says to take 'em up to 50 per sidewall.

Showed them the pic where to rim cladding, they trimmed it off & everything went smooth! Now no rubbing, no problem, AND no more shimmy (as they discovered all my weights had fallen off the old), I now have a much better ride quality, smoother over the ruts and potholes etc on the dirt road, AND, the biggest factor...I can still get in it!!!! That 1.21" increase is still "doable" (but I sure couldn't get it any higher than that). So I'm totally jazzed!!!! I'm in love with these tires! If you have any doubts, DON'T....get them!

Will get it cleaned up and post some pics tomorrow.
    Last edited by VX KAT : 06/02/2009 at 09:26 PM