Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Price Nittos

Best Price Nittos

After looking at tires I can see that the Nitto 285/60/18s are very expensive. So is there a special place to get these tires that is a little cheaper. A guy on Ebay is offering a set of 4 for $275 delivered. That's the cheapest I've seen so far

Daaaaaaaaaag, Ebay has the Cooper Zeon (set of 4- delivered) for $475.00. This is my second favorite tire. What should I do???????? I am so cheap. I can save $250 by going with the Cooper. But will the group respect me? Will I be able to sit around and talk tire talk with the Nitto guys? Or will they whisper, "hey, that's the guy who bought the Coopers". So many decisions. I mean we are in a recession.
    I'm Just Sayn

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    After looking at tires I can see that the Nitto 285/60/18s are very expensive. So is there a special place to get these tires that is a little cheaper. A guy on Ebay is offering a set of 4 for $275 delivered. That's the cheapest I've seen so far
    Daaaaaaaaaag, Ebay has the Cooper Zeon (set of 4- delivered) for $475.00. This is my second favorite tire. What should I do???????? I am so cheap. I can save $250 by going with the Cooper. But will the group respect me? Will I be able to sit around and talk tire talk with the Nitto guys? Or will they whisper, "hey, that's the guy who bought the Coopers". So many decisions. I mean we are in a recession.
    I'm Just Sayn
    Excuse me, but in American money, $475.00 is MORE than $275.00...

I'm just sayin'

So what are you sayn???? VX Kat just bought a set. They look like a BAT (bad --- tire). I mean I do need tires. And I am very cheap. And these tires look pretty cool.
    I'm Just Sayn

Look at the numbers in your orig 2 posts.

Then look at my humoros reply...

Yeah, my jaw dropped when I read that $275 in your first post, considering I just paid $730 for my 4 Cooper Zeon LTZs (with m/b + AZ tax)....so we're all waiting for the correct number in post #1.

MAKE SURE you're talking about the Cooper Zeon LTZ, as they make like 5 different Zeon styles and the LTZ is brand new.

I'll post pictures of mine when I get them installed. Should be Friday 6/5. Guess this means the guys won't respect me....and will talk behind my back...oh heck, they already do that!
    $475 for 4 Nittos seems inconceivable to me......sounds too good to be true...
    M/B is around $15/tire, so the $475 + $60 is still too good to be true.
    Last edited by VX KAT : 05/30/2009 at 08:28 AM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I picked up my 265/75/16 Nitto Grappler AT from Discount Tire online for 508.00 shipped to my door, which I thought was a good deal...

It was $475 for the Coopers. The best price on Nittos was $725

Quote Originally Posted by 99VC View Post
    I picked up my 265/75/16 Nitto Grappler AT from Discount Tire online for 508.00 shipped to my door, which I thought was a good deal...
    I realize that's a different size than I got.
    Was m/b included in that price? Any sales Tax?

I have a set of Terra Grapplers right now and I'm going to need a new set soon. After some poking around on the internet I have found them for as low as $160 per tire, but that price may be for the 285/60/18 120S version. My question is, what the heck does the 120S stand for and why is it cheaper?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

in tire lingo the 120 is for the load it can handle ..120 is around 3000 lbs per tire...the S is for the speed rating ...S is for 112mph after 112mph the tire looses its shape and gets warped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

PepBoys (at least in AZ) has the Cooper Zeon LTZ for Buy3 get 1 free, price ~$161/tire (PLUS m/b ($60), + state sales tax. Tire Rack (my longtime fav) doesn't sell Coopers.
    I used that price as my "price to beat" and ended up paying $173.82/tire + sales tax, but it included m/b plus:
    ~rotate & balance 10 times
    ~free flat repair (with plug) lifetime
    ~one free alignment ~$70 value (where we live, alignments are needed frequently! None of the chain or private shops around here offers lifetime alignment deals like we had in Dallas)
    ~free flat change (even though I have roadside assistance like AAA)

These extras made it worth paying the $173.82/tire price vs. PepBoys $161 + $15 m/b as they weren't apples to apples just on that per tire price, since m/b was xtra at PepBoys and none of the other bennies listed above.

Doug (somebeach) you may want to checkout PepBoys prices & deals on the Coopers.

The 120S load/speed rating also made the Coopers a tad lighter than the TGs.
    Just my .02 cents worth of info

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Yeah, my jaw dropped when I read that $275 in your first post, considering I just paid $730 for my 4 Cooper Zeon LTZs (with m/b + AZ tax)....so we're all waiting for the correct number in post #1.

MAKE SURE you're talking about the Cooper Zeon LTZ, as they make like 5 different Zeon styles and the LTZ is brand new.

I'll post pictures of mine when I get them installed. Should be Friday 6/5. Guess this means the guys won't respect me....and will talk behind my back...oh heck, they already do that!
    $475 for 4 Nittos seems inconceivable to me......sounds too good to be true...
    M/B is around $15/tire, so the $475 + $60 is still too good to be true.
    VX Kat you saved me I bought the Coopers off Ebay before you said to make sure they are theLTZs. I bought the XSTs from a place called big_a_tires. I had already paid thru PAYPAL. I sent my wah wah to the guy and offered to pay a fee to have the tires not sent. This guy refunded me and wouldn't take any money for his trouble. What a great guy. Makes me have faith in people when I get treated like that. I had lost faith for a while after all the Dougie comments but I'm getting over them

What a great guy. Makes me have faith in people when I get treated like that. I had lost faith for a while after all the Dougie comments but I'm getting over them
    Dude...Ya gotta learn to roll widit...I think your hazing is mostly over...mostly...

ALL the freshmen get feces from the gang, & the more it bothers them, the longer it lasts...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Dude...Ya gotta learn to roll widit...I think your hazing is mostly over...mostly...

ALL the freshmen get feces from the gang, & the more it bothers them, the longer it lasts...
    I was almost over it then you wrote this. I may never fully recover. If I had gotten the BATMAN sign on you wouldn't be talking this way. I am Somebeach and I have attitude....just don't have tires yet. I remember the good ole days when members would welcome a new member with a gift like a set of tires. Oh to relive those days