Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What car have you bought home lately???

I'm still anxiously awaiting my real reply to this thread...you all know about this:

Which came home a couple weeks ago, and there is one more on deck due to land at my crib any day now! The anxiety is making me crazy!

BTW, nice bike, Mark!

And VehiGaz, your 928 is gorgeous.

Bart

Tom, it's a full custom V-twin (sort of like a Harley-Davidson, but there are no actual Harley parts on it). It's not a high dollar custom because a lot of the parts where bought from various catalogs and then had some mild customization done to them, but the bike is 100% unique. It has a soft tail frame with a springer front end, a 100 cubic inch motor and a six speed transmission. I got to ride it during the mock-up phase and it's a monster. It has a ton of low end torque, and it will FLY down the interstate with no problems.

I seem to remember you wanting a bike so get one and let's go RIDE.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

This is my latest . . . most well balanced machine I've ever driven.

- To Err Is Human, To GET SOME is Divine -

I have had this for about a year. Soon to be a collectors item.
    1COOLVX

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Haven't brought any cars home lately, but should have a new toy in the garage in the next couple of weeks....

The new "toy". Just waiting on the darn seat!!

I think the kids look great together.
    That thing looks BAD ASH!!!...

Now YOU gotta start gettin' some ink...

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    You sir need a SC!
    +1!! My VX never got up to high elevation, but there is nothing like compressing air to make up for thinner air.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    And VehiGaz, your 928 is gorgeous.

Bart
    Thank you! Now that I have some room in the driveway, I can take it out again once in a while (it's only had one outing so far this year).

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    man...that thing is sexy...i LOVE the body style of those RX-8's...

just dont think i could afford to repair them with 'specialized' mechanics, certified to work on rotary...

probably one of my favorite body styles of any car made
    Um correct me if I am wrong. But it has less parts so it cant be that hard to work on the engine.. A guy at my work had a old rx7 that said would never die. He said engine was a cinch and he is no auto mechanic. He has just tinkered enough with crap over the years.

And friend looked at the '10 rx8 models.. OMG one she saw was in the mid 30's because of some specially made seats, fits like a glove (her words).... Um I will save a bit more for a sti. Course I will wait for the Hp bump that is rumored to be had in them as well
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ^^^

i have always heard that externally the motors are easy, but internally you are royally #%@ed...gonna pay someone some serious $$$$ to fix anything inside the motor...

was it a shinka??
    thats the special edition of the RX-8... black cherry paint :_drool:
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

A hole in the head, but a friend of mine's roommate is letting his '98 Subaru RS go (had a 2.5 STi swap done 2 years ago with many other tuned bells and whistles). Puts out 390hp. I always wanted one. Offered a VERY generous deal to me which is a steal so I am gonna consider it over the week. Looks like the pic but maroon....

Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

That's the one I would choose also (but NOT subie blue.) Wish I had another hole in my garage.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    I just picked up this zippy little go cart about a week ago. It’s a 1990 Ford Festive, basically it's a Mazda 121 with Ford badges. I love this thing! It’s fast fun to drive and it has a real SOHC Mazda 4 banger in it.

hate to burst your bubble, but if you look under the hood you will see your car was made in Korea by Kia. First car they ever made for US sale.
    Ryan Christiansen

Trooper Skid Plates, OME 912's, Stric9 Sliders, Load Warrior with extension, Apline sub in rear door, Apline front speakers, Alpine head unit, Definity Dakota MT 285/75 R16, Aussie Lockers Front and Rear, 4.77 gears and Warn Manual Hubs.http://picasaweb.google.com/RyanVehiX

Burst my bubble? I’ve had three of these little gems. The Mazda 121, Kia Pride and the Ford Festival are the same car. Kia and Mazda are one in the same. Just about every Kia made in the last 23 years is a Mazda or has a Mazda drive train.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ99VX View Post
    hate to burst your bubble, but if you look under the hood you will see your car was made in Korea by Kia. First car they ever made for US sale.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Here’s a 4 door Kia pride Cab I rode in about 2 yeas ago in Dalat Vietnam with over 800000 km on the odometer.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    Burst my bubble? I’ve had three of these little gems. The Mazda 121, Kia Pride and the Ford Festival are the same car. Kia and Mazda are one in the same. Just about every Kia made in the last 23 years is a Mazda or has a Mazda drive train.
    The spectra to 2004 and the old sephia, yes, but anything since then is Kia/ Hyundia despign. The sportage is sand alone too. The 3.5 that Kia used up to 05/06 was a Mitsubishi design. Kia bought the design under contracts, like theny did for the Lotus Elan, built a Korean version.

Okay, suffeciently threadjacked at this point.

Okay, recent vehicle brought home, this year, 2008 Kia Sportage, 2009 Kia Rio, 2010 Kia Soul, 2009 Kia Borrego. I don't want to go into last year