Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What car have you bought home lately???

What car have you bought home lately???

My VehiCROSS has been my daily driver for 8 years now and has almost 100K on the odo and I've just ordered a new car! Is everyone else still driving theirs all the time or have you bought something new and put the VX on part-time duty? (Unfortunately by "part-time" I probably mean snowy, salty, slushy Michigan/Ontario winters, mostly). If you've bought a new car or are thinking about it seriously post a picture of it here so we can see what might appeal to VX people once they fall in love with something younger and hotter. (meaning don't post your stinking minivan).

I ordered an orange-on-orange 2010 Camaro 300hp V6 LT2. It is not only the sweetest ride that I know of and is all-American/Canadian, but I've spent the past 5 years working on both the showcar and production versions and I'm now I actually get to drive it! This is what it will look like!

Canadian VXer!

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Thats mean !

the only new car lately that ive brought home is a hotwheels Vx.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprey View Post
    Thats mean !

the only new car lately that ive brought home is a hotwheels Vx.
    In regards to the Hot Wheels VX-- wise, very wise.

Hey, isn't that the new U.S. Gov't Camaro??? Since my tax dollars now own it; throw me the keys!!!

Well; I was going to buy a new car, but I bought a new AVR for my Home Theater instead. It's the "flagship" Pioneer Elite #SC-09TX which has a MSRP of $7K. Check out the new Pioneer Elite #SC-09TX at www.PioneerElectronics.com. Prepare to be "wowed"!!!
    Last edited by Riff Raff : 06/02/2009 at 10:32 PM

I absolutely love that camaro,for the price i think it's a good deal.

However my next ride is definetly a H2, i love that monster & got to own one three to four years by then.

Another rides is the Grand cherokee SRT-8, the infiniti FX37 & chevy Z71.
    Dakar was just the begining.

I'd pick EXACTLY as you did! Camaro!!

I've wanted a Camaro since I was 9 yrs old and asked my mom & dad if I could get a 1969 Camaro when I grew up! My Dad (who was a car nut...which is where the car gene obviously came from in me) was sooo proud! "Yup, that's my girl! " He also explained how model years change etc and it would be a long time....well it's been long enough (40 years!) and all that's keeping me from getting one is that little thing called.....mula! Dinero!! $$$

Yes, I'd even take this U.S. Govt issued Camaro! Maybe the repair records of GM will get better under gov't ownership! BAHHHHAAAAA!!!, oh wait, I think I just busted a gut laughing so hard!!

....but I still want one........:bgwp:
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Wink 2007 Ford Mustang GT w/ 5,200 miles @ purchase.

Got a good deal on her & traded in my '96 Dodge Ram w/ 140K miles back in mid-March. Runs good with 4.6L V8 rated @ 300 hp. w/ 5-speed manual. Averages all-around 24-26 mpg. Believe 28-29mpg possible with long highway trip.

Nice thing is...if too many Camaro's hassle me..I could throw on a Ken Belle SC or Rausch SC and put out 475 hp as long as I can find the mula.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

I love the retro dash layout of the new Camaro, it’s to bad there won’t be a Pontiac version.

Last edited by kodiak : 06/02/2009 at 11:47 PM
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    Got a good deal on her & traded in my '96 Dodge Ram w/ 140K miles back in mid-March. Runs good with 4.6L V8 rated @ 300 hp. w/ 5-speed manual. Averages all-around 24-26 mpg. Believe 28-29mpg possible with long highway trip.

Nice thing is...if too many Camaro's hassle me..I could throw on a Ken Belle SC or Rausch SC and put out 475 hp as long as I can find the mula.

Nice!...

A friend of mine has one of these with a powerdyne (I think) centrifugal S/C...goes like a scalded dog...

I'm thankful every day for my daughter, but unfortunately it's pushed us in the opposite direction as you guys. I previously owned an Infiniti G35 coupe while my wife owned a two-door Honda Accord, but we had to give both those up when we had the baby. Thankfully I had just bought the VX so it was easy to make the argument to keep it based on the fact that we'd take a beating if we had to resell it after only a couple months.

I use the VX as my daily driver, but work is only 5 miles away so it's no biggie. We bought a 2004 Isuzu Axiom (direct injection engine with 2wd/4h/4l tranny - would love to have that in my VX) a few months ago for about 10K with 78K miles on it, but you'd never know it as both the paint and interior are immaculate. Just like with my VX, the Axioms are now so rare that people often ask us if it's a new model.

Latest toy

I just picked up a 03 Z4. I figured I needed something special for my 40th birthday

Andy C
    01 Firefox VX
    CT

I bought the VX as a weekend vehicle, something that is fun to ride in everyonce in a while.

'09 Subaru STi
    305-hp, 2.5ltr, 290 lb-ft-tq, 4cyl, intercooled, turbocharged (14.7 psi) Boxer
    Short shift 6-speed manual transmission
    DCCD AWD

The PERFECT year 'round car!

My lack of personal pics is stunning but she is black to match the VX ....

On the H2 note.... I hear the Chinese just purchased Hummer from GM. Hell just froze over just a little bit.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    On the H2 note.... I hear the Chinese just purchased Hummer from GM. Hell just froze over just a little bit.
    I bet it further devastates sales when buyers find out they may have to depend upon a Chinese company for warranty work in the very near future (the takeover is supposed to happen in September).

Upside? Maybe the HX Concept will see the light of day.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    well this is an interesting thread...because i have been seriously considering making the VX my second driver instead of my primary...

dont have one yet...
    but when i get my new vehicle it will be either->

an 09 STI

or

a full size diesel pickup
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    well this is an interesting thread...because i have been seriously considering making the VX my second driver instead of my primary...

dont have one yet...
    but when i get my new vehicle it will be either->

an 09 STI

or

a full size diesel pickup
    This this thread....

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15771

Is there a better way to persuade one into getting an STi?

And the interior.... wow. I am SO glad they redid it from scratch. Dual material leather with very swank lit gauges and wrap around cockpit. +2 for Subaru in that dept finally.