Thread: Custom Bumper Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    cant wait to see it!

my bumper project isnt going as well as yours

ran into some unexpected financial issues, we will see what i can come up with

yours is looking great though!
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Be sure to plug into that reactor you take care of so you have plenty of juice
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

The moment you have all been waiting for!!!

Here you all go. I spent all day, I have a horrible welding sunburn Well worth it though. Stick welding is hard....I had a friend who used to do it for a living come over and help. I also got some big *** 1/2" forged D rings to bolt on tomorrow as well using 3/8 inch grade 8 carriage bolts. This thing is gonna be diesel. Bow down in envy everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope you all enjoy the pics, tomorrow I might start the sheet metal tomorrow, should be easier, but time consuming. I took Billy and Brian's advice and moved the hitch up. Now it won't be a shovel. It is crazy strong. I feel sorry if I hit someone head on.....

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs up

Looks like a winner! I like it.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Impressive MARLIN, it's really coming along. You mentioned frontal impact; that reminds me, where is the "air bag deployment sensor" located in case of frontal impact???

Those are really nice smooth welds. If this is your first time welding; your friend is an awesome teacher, and his experience truly shows.

The tow hitch appears to be "inverted" upside-down and welded to the front cross-bar, as the safety chain holes are on the top (instead of normally on the bottom). That's pretty crafty of you.

After it's all finished, the front tow hitch hole will be hidden from view with a 1967/1968 Mercury Cougar flip-down license plate holder (originally used as rear gas cap access on early Cougars). The vintage Cougar license plate holder could also be mounted inverted upside-down where it "flips-up" (instead of flips-down), so as not to interfere with possible receiver drop-hitches that might hang down lower once inserted into the hitch hole.

Lastly; and most important, where can I get one of those Big Wheel Tricycles you have in the picture??? I've looked everywhere, but can't find one in my specific size. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    Impressive MARLIN, it's really coming along. You mentioned frontal impact; that reminds me, where is the "air bag deployment sensor" located in case of frontal impact???

Those are really nice smooth welds. If this is your first time welding; your friend is an awesome teacher, and his experience truly shows.

The tow hitch appears to be "inverted" upside-down and welded to the front cross-bar, as the safety chain holes are on the top (instead of normally on the bottom). That's pretty crafty of you.

After it's all finished, the front tow hitch hole will be hidden from view with a 1967/1968 Mercury Cougar flip-down license plate holder (originally used as rear gas cap access on early Cougars). The vintage Cougar license plate holder could also be mounted inverted upside-down where it "flips-up" (instead of flips-down), so as not to interfere with possible receiver drop-hitches that might hang down lower once inserted into the hitch hole.

Lastly; and most important, where can I get one of those Big Wheel Tricycles you have in the picture??? I've looked everywhere, but can't find one in my specific size. LOL.
    Not sure about crafty, but it just made sense once we were working on it. This way it cannot get hung up on anything underneath, and I will have one continuous flat surface, if I come across something too tall, I can just nudge up against it and push, it will scoot up it.
    The license cover will happen, but it might be a while, I gotta hook up turn signals and whatnot first.

As for the trike, at your age, it might be better to save your pennies and get a hoveround

http://hoveround.com/wp/images/conte...nsporter-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    As for the trike, at your age, it might be better to save your pennies and get a hoveround
    Well; since you just had your 30th B-day, you're now quickly catching up to me. Thus; I'll get two(2) hoverounds, so you and I can hit the sidewalks together.