Thread: Custom Bumper Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just finished drilling the new holes for the 5/8" pins. That will NEVER be the fail point now. The drill bit cost 20 bucks!!!! I did get an order for another skid plate, so I will use that money to get a new corded drill with a 1/2" chuck. I used my cordless Hitachi Li-ion 18v drill. It made it through 6 of the 8 holes before the battery died. That is pretty amazing for a cordless drill to drill 5/8" hole through 8gage hardened steel.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    nice, hey marlin where did you pick up the driving lights with halo rings??? ive been searching high and low for some...
    do they "fit" in the factory fog light spot???
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Jack, check these guys out:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-01...Q5fAccessories
    They are similar to the ones that I have on my VX, but better. You can change the color of the LED ring on these and the ring is behind the fog light lens.
    I had to cut the flange out of the holes that the stock lights twist into to get the new fogs to sit back in the holes. If you don't cut the flange out then the new fog lights would stick out of the holes.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    nice, hey marlin where did you pick up the driving lights with halo rings??? ive been searching high and low for some...
    do they "fit" in the factory fog light spot???
    I got mine at Pepboys. They have two styles, the 3.5" light with blue ring and glass lens, normal price is 39.99. Then they have a bigger 5.5 " light that has 7 LED colors, for 59.99. Both use H3 bulbs which you can get the HID kit off of Ebay for around 40 bucks from Hong Kong if you are willing to wait. I use the same HID kit for my headlights, been 7 months, no flicker, no spotting, no problems

The ones in the link form Ebay didn't say anything about the LED ring?

I just checked fit of the 3.5" They fit. You may need to do some minor trimming, or remove the mounting hardware, put it in and then put it back on, but it is a tight fit, so no gaps or vibrations I would think.