Thread: Custom Bumper Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    What? No more bling?
    Turns out I am not a big fan of changing tires in the snow...

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Weird, I have posted anything to the thread since the 11th, yet it says I posted this afternoon? It has done that a few times. But there is never a post?

Well, anyway, the garage should be done next weekend. I "back to black"ed my cladding today, took almost half a bottle, good stuff. Gotta see how long it lasts though.

I will be making some mods to the bumper, the sheet metal is coming off, angle iron going on, ,and I figured out how to fill the gap. Gasket rubber, similar to the rubber used for flexible mud flaps. It is easy to work with, will blend in, form fits, and if it gets hot during wheelin, I can easily take it off to give more air flow. bear with me ya'll, its getting there.

Maybe Boss Man put a sticky on it to try to keep you on track to getr done.

BTW, 4000 hits on this thread - Impressive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

it looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Weird, I have posted anything to the thread since the 11th, yet it says I posted this afternoon? It has done that a few times. But there is never a post?

Well, anyway, the garage should be done next weekend. I "back to black"ed my cladding today, took almost half a bottle, good stuff. Gotta see how long it lasts though.

I will be making some mods to the bumper, the sheet metal is coming off, angle iron going on, ,and I figured out how to fill the gap. Gasket rubber, similar to the rubber used for flexible mud flaps. It is easy to work with, will blend in, form fits, and if it gets hot during wheelin, I can easily take it off to give more air flow. bear with me ya'll, its getting there.
    you posted you were not a fan of changing tires in the snow or triathlete quoting you it is considering the quote as a new post

maybe someone bumped it under the thread tools menu

I did not fall off the planet, my garage will be back to functional this weekend and I look forward to making some real progress. Stand by to stand by.
    I am really getting tired of the fast blink turn signals, I am considering wiring the side markers as permanent turn signals to put in series with the LED lights. That way I shouldn't need a resistor, and no more fast blink. I thought about putting the headlight top marker in the circuit as well. That means my turn signals would consist of the side markers, the new turn signals I bought, and the blue halo around the driving lights, and the headlight top markers. I think its gonna look sweet, I will post a video once its all done.
    Stay tuned folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    ... I am really getting tired of the fast blink turn signals, I am considering wiring the side markers as permanent turn signals to put in series with the LED lights. That way I shouldn't need a resistor, and no more fast blink. I thought about putting the headlight top marker in the circuit as well....
    Make sure to watch your grounds, but you'll still need either a resistor or an electronic flasher unit. The corner (and or the horn markers) markers won't increase the load enough to make the OEM flasher work properly.
    Scott / moncha.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha View Post
    Make sure to watch your grounds, but you'll still need either a resistor or an electronic flasher unit. The corner (and or the horn markers) markers won't increase the load enough to make the OEM flasher work properly.
    Thanks, I need to check , but I think the turn signal bulb and side marker bulb are the same wattage? Not postive on that. I will figure it out. No worries, I am an electrician by trade