Thread: Custom Bumper Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    In the past I did a lot of things like this. My mom always told me when I was a kid, "Haste Makes Waste". And I believe she was right. Sure, we all get impatient from time to time, and mess up somehow and have to re-do it. But I guess for me, its the scale. When doing something of this magnitude, I try that much harder to have a solid design and execution plan. As with most good projects, the longest and most important stage is the planning stage.

Bart
    I agree with you 10000%, but again, its just not me. As for scale, you make it sound like I cut my VX to pieces, I didn't really do anything to my VX, just something that is bolted on to it, no welding on the frame, no new holes...not that I haven't put enough in her already.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I agree with you 10000%, but again, its just not me. As for scale, you make it sound like I cut my VX to pieces, I didn't really do anything to my VX, just something that is bolted on to it, no welding on the frame, no new holes...not that I haven't put enough in her already.
    Maybe just go ahead and put your front cladding back on and we can all just forget this ever happened and move on.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Maybe just go ahead and put your front cladding back on and we can all just forget this ever happened and move on.

Bart
    Not a chance, that is one of the reasons I sold the cladding, to prevent me from having the option to quit and give up. Now I have no choice but to make it work. I am concerned about cosmetics a bit, and it will improve, as I get better at metal working. I will say metal working is much more difficult than woodworking, but a lot more gratifying...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Not a chance, that is one of the reasons I sold the cladding, to prevent me from having the option to quit and give up. Now I have no choice but to make it work. I am concerned about cosmetics a bit, and it will improve, as I get better at metal working. I will say metal working is much more difficult than woodworking, but a lot more gratifying...
    Good for you, dude! Like I said before, rock on! I'm a huge proponent of individuality and it's obvious you are too! So my hat is off to you, good sir!

Bart