Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: July Central Texas (mini) Meet

OK, just got off the phone with the park... no swimming too dry and their branch of river is very low... too low... so I guess we can discuss going swimming in the lake on Saturday... cook-out is fine... fires in designated camp areas and in grills is ok.

For all first time visitors there, it's $35 for the driver and $15 for each additional passenger.
    We sit together, my VX and I, until only the VX remains.
    --Iamironman

Is there any way we can send an e-mail invite to all VX members in TX? I can't remember everybody, but I know we have missed inviting a few that do not check on here very often.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Is there any way we can send an e-mail invite to all VX members in TX? I can't remember everybody, but I know we have missed inviting a few that do not check on here very often.

Well, other than Moncha, I don't know where these email addy's would be, or how to access them. I would be willing to send out a group email... just would need the addy's.

One week to go!!

We need to get some of the Dallas folks to come down too. I volunteer the spare bedroom and any floor space for overnighters to crash Fri. and/or Sat. if needed. Tucker (my schnauzer) won't bug you too much, he loves company, just ask CeCe! C'mon Tom, Scott, and any others.

Jay,
    I'd love to, but I'm supposed to meet a childhood friend, wife, and kids for dinner that night.

O.K. Here's my promise. (My right hand is up) I, tomdietrying, promise to make the next Austin. How's that?

Peace.
    Tom
    Last edited by tomdietrying : 07/11/2009 at 11:42 PM
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dunford View Post
    We need to get some of the Dallas folks to come down too. I volunteer the spare bedroom and any floor space for overnighters to crash Fri. and/or Sat. if needed. Tucker (my schnauzer) won't bug you too much, he loves company, just ask CeCe! C'mon Tom, Scott, and any others.
    Hey Jay,I'm already booked up,plus I need a transfer case.
    When I was in Moab I thought it was a cv joint,turns out to be transfer case
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    Hey Jay,I'm already booked up,plus I need a transfer case.
    When I was in Moab I thought it was a cv joint,turns out to be transfer case
    Well that sux. Not much difference in the labor to swap, but big price difference! At least you have 10 months before you HAVE to fix it.

<cough>Fort Worth<cough>... dont mix me with "those" people... lol..

Well I was waiting till it got closer till that weekend as I have my kiddos that weekend. X is taking them on that staurday for a bday party and bringing them back. So long story short I have to be up this way for the hand off or I would be comming down to join.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

So is this about right?

7-18-09 Saturday
    9am : meet at the front gate of.....
    Hidden Falls Adventure Park
    7420 E. FM 1431
    Marble Falls, Texas 78654
    (for all first time visitors there, it's $35 for the driver and $15 for each additional passenger)
    10am : head out on some trails.
    1pm : stop for tailgate lunch.
    6pm : head to dinner/swimming in Marble Falls area.

~Ryan

Damn I wish I could make it! My truck is overheating while idling (or driving slow for an hourish) so I probably don't have time to get it working for a long day of trails between now and Saturday. With a weeks notice I probably would have come out, my fault for not checking the forums more often =(.

edit: I really would like to go so I am gonna see what the local auto shop can do for me tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by ironman99 : 07/16/2009 at 03:14 PM Reason: ps

Quote Originally Posted by ironman99 View Post
    Damn I wish I could make it! My truck is overheating while idling (or driving slow for an hourish) so I probably don't have time to get it working for a long day of trails between now and Saturday. With a weeks notice I probably would have come out, my fault for not checking the forums more often =(.

edit: I really would like to go so I am gonna see what the local auto shop can do for me tomorrow morning.
    Worst case, come out and ride with someone else if it's OK to drive normal speed and doesnt overheat.

So is this about right?

7-18-09 Saturday
    7420 E. FM 1431
    (for all first time visitors there, it's $35 for the driver and $15 for each additional passenger)

~Ryan
    Not sure if we'll make it 'till 6pm, the heat may shorten the day. Other than that, sounds like a plan.

So is this about right?

7-18-09 Saturday
    7420 E. FM 1431

~Ryan
    YUP YUP YUP!!

Quote Originally Posted by ironman99 View Post

Worst case, come out and ride with someone else if it's OK to drive normal speed and doesnt overheat.
    True (what Jay said)! Come on out if it'll make it (hope you can get a mech to look at it tho)... If you don't think it'll handle the trails after you get there... you can leave it in the parking lot and ride with someone (just pay the $15 instead of $35)... unfortunately not me, I'll have my kids with me. From SA it's Hwy 281 north all the way (70mph except a little slow down thru some small towns), into Marble Falls... FM 1431 is I think the 5th or 6th light... Pizza Hut on the NW corner, take a right go 7 miles... you're there!

Not sure if we'll make it 'till 6pm, the heat may shorten the day. Other than that, sounds like a plan.
    We'll play it by ear... as far as not being rigid with the exact time I'm sure.

I posted over on the blue FJ forum, so we might get a few more join in.
    Jay, have you had any response from anyone there? Are any FJ's gonna show?

I'm bringing lotsa food (hot dogs/fixins/chips) for lunch so nobody has to worry about that , really... Bring lotsa water and your VX and anything else you can think of...

Waaah! I am at a conference that weekend. Ya'll have fun!! Robert

kind of far for me to go this weekend,

Ill be at the texas heatwave in austin next week is there a meet then maybe i can check it out next week.