Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: July Central Texas (mini) Meet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

July Central Texas (mini) Meet

Ok... some Great resources from this thread:
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15909

... for this first time though I think we'll go to the one closer to Austin/Marble Falls:

http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/fees.html

the gate fees are a little steep (about $50 for two people) compared to places that are further away, but, save on gas for the trip back and forth... since this place is about 15 miles from me.

Anyone wants to join in, we can go any Saturday in July except the 4th. Saturdays are probably a little crowded but the 4th will probably be "saturatus maximus", that's Latin for "too crowded" for Ldub who prolly dunt unnerstan Latin . So I'm open to whichever Sat. the most people that want to come can commit to. REGULATORS! MOUNT UP!!

July 11th,18th or 25th. Y'all tell me...

Looks fun just need details

Ok looks like all the responses are in... Looks like anyone is open to the 18th or the 25th... and I like the sooner the better...

So it's the 18th of July!

I suggest meeting at the front gate between 9am-10am... let me know if this is ok. If anyone wants to join last minute, too late.. HA... J/K. Everyone is welcome!!

I'll be bringing some food/drink but might be open to a restaurant meal at the end of the day if anyone else is interested also. Never really done this so any advice guidance will be welcome.

Let's have some fun. Let's have a BLAST!!

PS. Little Beast... what's your RL name? Mine is Adam.
    We sit together, my VX and I, until only the VX remains.
    --Iamironman

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by iamironman View Post
    Ok looks like all the responses are in... Looks like anyone is open to the 18th or the 25th... and I like the sooner the better...

So it's the 18th of July!

I suggest meeting at the front gate between 9am-10am... let me know if this is ok.

I'll be bringing some food/drink but might be open to a restaurant meal at the end of the day if anyone else is interested also.
    Adam, so the plan is to meet at the front gate at 9am-10am? Then what? Cruise the trails, stop for box lunches, off road some more, (are there any water holes for a quick swim along the way?) then go catch some dinner? Just trying to see if I can pull it off, and get a plan thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Adam, so the plan is to meet at the front gate at 9am-10am? Then what? Cruise the trails, stop for box lunches, off road some more, (are there any water holes for a quick swim along the way?) then go catch some dinner? Just trying to see if I can pull it off, and get a plan thanks.
    I posted 9-ish for the FJ crew to meet at the office in front. There is a swimming hole but as dry as it has been I wouldn't hold out much hope there. It wasn't very large last time I was there and kinda stagnant to boot. I'm planning on bringing lots of liquid and a sandwich for lunch. Dinner after would be fun and Marble Falls is just 5-6 miles down the road, with a real lake for swimming too.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post

Sounds ALL good to me. And anything anyone comes up with along the way/onthefly...
    I'm bringing a small grill and hotdogs/fixins'... so there will be plenty for all as in tailgate party (just in case anyone forgets to bring food). Bring camera's!! My camera is broke. I'll need at least one perfect pic of my VX and I catching air over a 20 foot ditch!!

I will look into the swimming... the office is closed till Friday. I'll call then with questions and any other questions any one posts here about the place... but, I think there is swimming there... at least in some of the pictures section on their website it shows a spillway and ppl swimming. And Jay piped in with his experience... My sub-division has a real nice beach, right on Lake LBJ, we could all go to afterwards, it's only like 12 miles from this place...

As far as dinner after, nothing too pricey... there are a couple good Mexican restaurants in Marble Falls... There's also the Blue Bonnet Diner which is really excellent homecooked type food, but I'm open to just about anything except liver n' onions.

Questions? Answers? Let me know!!

OK, just got off the phone with the park... no swimming too dry and their branch of river is very low... too low... so I guess we can discuss going swimming in the lake on Saturday... cook-out is fine... fires in designated camp areas and in grills is ok.

For all first time visitors there, it's $35 for the driver and $15 for each additional passenger.

Cool, I'm in. Be sure to bring LOTS of water for this 100+ Deg Texas heat.

how many people likley to go that haven't rsvp'd?

Crapiola... I'm in Port Aransas that weekend

Quote Originally Posted by johnny010 View Post
    how many people likley to go that haven't rsvp'd?
    No offense.. but I don't understand the question... no one has contacted me that hasn't rsvp'd...

I do know I'll be ther at around 9am... hope to see you there...

The more the... etc....

the last meet up i took part in, about 10 other cars showed up that never rsvp'd....locals that just heard about it.

so i was wondering if anyone else might show that had heard about it but does not use the forum etc...

I'm still not sure how to answer... I have no idea how many might show up that haven't rsvp'd, I lost my mind reading abilities after the experiment back in the 60's to augment them with doses of radiation and LSD failed, some patients did mutate, but not in a favorable way, (Re: Ldub) ... as far as I know this hasn't been advertised anywhere other than here on this forum... I hope other will show and anyone is more than welcome to advert this mini meet outside of here, heck, I don't mind if non VX's show up, they will just look silly trying to keep up with my VX. I will just wait to see what happens on the 18th.

I posted over on the blue FJ forum, so we might get a few more join in.