Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: strange vehicle

kids are into a 4door cars.. i cant figure it out..when i was a kid only lod people got 4 door cars..to haul the grand kids in ...lol i got a 4door cause it was giving to me I never got one for myself..... the wife has one.. she needs it.its a pt cruiser we use for workk that makes sence.a tru sports car is only 2 .....as is a truck..... when you add 2 more to them you got a transport....for people not sport. my son got a accord 4door ..lol.. hes got a fin on it .oooooooooohh and little rubberband tires...hehe..and a tail pipe bigger thean a coffee can, thats one i cant figure out ether...lol..lol wait till there in there 50s ..lol

my 2 cents.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

I've heard nothing but great stuff about 911's
    It's THE only super car that can be driven daily!
    maybe Aston Martin DB9 or Audi RX8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    kids are into a 4door cars.. i cant figure it out..when i was a kid only lod people got 4 door cars..to haul the grand kids in ...lol i got a 4door cause it was giving to me I never got one for myself..... the wife has one.. she needs it.its a pt cruiser we use for workk that makes sence.a tru sports car is only 2 .....as is a truck..... when you add 2 more to them you got a transport....for people not sport. my son got a accord 4door ..lol.. hes got a fin on it .oooooooooohh and little rubberband tires...hehe..and a tail pipe bigger thean a coffee can, thats one i cant figure out ether...lol..lol wait till there in there 50s ..lol
    Exactly. What is the deal with a 4-door race car???

I just DON'T get it!?!?!

Bart

Exclamation Talk about STRANGE!!

Now this Superman VX qualifies:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Item number: 330338005296

too much......
    Dreamers of the day are dangerous people, for they
    dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.

HAHA, the guy does not know how to spell "torque", he spells it "tork" multiple times, wow, he should not be allowed to have a eBay account

TORK

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Do you have data on that? Our 1999 911 is so far the smoothest car I have ever driven. Cornering is amazing. Stopping, no problem. And I haven't owned the p-car long enough to really say, but I have never heard anything about Porsche's being not reliable. I read somewhere that 60% of all Porsches ever made are still on the road. Now, that is either a testament to their extreme reliability, or the fact that Porsche owners really care for their cars for the long run.
    just for arguments sake, you get numbers on an "old" 911 and ill get some numbers on the STI, and we will see

Hmmm, I always thought of myself as a friendly person. And everyone we have met in the PCA has been VERY nice. We have even met some people who obviously have a very substantial amount of fun money, and no one has been anything but nice to us. The way you describe Porsche owners, is the way I feel about BMW drivers: 99% of the time, they are uber-pricks who think their poop don't smell.

maybe my point of view is skewed, all the porsche people i have seen have been from california or colorado, they all seem to be how you explain BMW drivers (ya, i agree, they are a little like that too)

THAT is exactly my point. For the SAME money you can have a Porsche used. Why the hell would I buy a used Subi when I could buy a used Porsche with SAME amount of money???? Sorry, prick or no prick, a Porsche looks WAY cooler than a Subi.

thats where we are gonna have to agree to disagree my friend, i think that porsche body styling is stuck in the 80's...which in my opinion is the UGLIEST period of cars EVER! i feel the same way about the looks of the vette, but thats a different discussion

OK, I understand the AWD aspect of it, but I would think an SUV would be a better choice for year round driving. That said, you just nailed it for me. You are talking about the practicality. Practicality = 4 door sedan. Honda Accord, Suburu STI, both practical, same thing to me. Subis have the AWD thing, so... IMO, it seems like all the kids who drive around these modded up Subis are buying them to play "The Fast And The Furious" with their friends. They are not buying them to drive over the mountain pass in the winter, while they might be able to, that is NOT the main attraction to these cars, as far as I can tell.

see, maybe your paying attention to the negative stereotype of this car, reality is- most 'kids' cant afford to buy one of these cars anyhow...of course there are the rich brats out there, but i think the majority of subi owners spend more money on tuning their motor to have more power, than money on making it look lame...in fact, most subi owners i know remove the wing and huge scoop...

Our Porsche has 4 seats, the rear seats would not fit me however.
    seems i win this one...the back seat of an impreza is actually very comfortable

You got me there again, I won't even touch the Porsche. I might try to change the oil, but that is about it. But that said, how simple is a 2009 STI to work on? My brother has a Nissan 350Z and when I look under the hood I don't see anything but plastic and everything looks like it was intentionally buried so that the average grease monkey can't even begin to work on it.
    i would ABSOLUTELY work on my own subi... i would not buy a car that i could not work on mostly by myself...

I dunno, I mean, winter aside, I could easily drive the 911 to work and back every day. We have a cabriolet, and a couple weeks back we took a nice long drive through the mountains with the top down and it was the most pleasurable driving experience I have ever had on a road. Still, personally, it's not my style (after all, it is the wife's car) as I would spend $20k an early 70s muscle car ANY DAY over any Porsche or a Subi.

And aside from all this, I just used Porsche as an example. I would spend $20k on just about ANY other "fast" car. Even my brother's 350Z has a cool look. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it wins all over the place when compared to a Subi. I suppose for me it has a lot to do with aesthetics. I don't care if the car goes 0-60 in half a second, if it's ugly and/or boring looking, who cares? I want both, form AND function. Otherwise you are just another soccer mom, wanna-be hippy, or ricer who watched Initial D one to many times.

But I guess I am just a freak who has watched Mad Max one to many times!

Good discussion,

Bart
    get me some numbers on the older 911 STOCK porsches and we will see which vehicle has better stats.

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post

my 2 cents.....
    hmmmm..... tell ken block that one my friend
    http://www.kenblockracing.com/#home

definately not a sports car, with 500+WHP and can jump 171ft

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    I've heard nothing but great stuff about 911's
    It's THE only super car that can be driven daily!
    maybe Aston Martin DB9 or Audi RX8
    you mean the audi R8??

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Exactly. What is the deal with a 4-door race car???

I just DON'T get it!?!?!

Bart
    maybe you dont understand the reason the STI was build....
    in rally racing the upper classes you MUST have 4 doors, hence, build the STI with 4 doors.... also, not really why they built it with 4 doors, but look at the difference in insurance costs between a 2 door and 4 door, then tell me its a dumb vehicle
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    get me some numbers on the older 911 STOCK porsches and we will see which vehicle has better stats.
    I think you are still missing my point. Stats schmats. The 4-door sedan look is LAME.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    maybe you dont understand the reason the STI was build....in rally racing the upper classes you MUST have 4 doors, hence, build the STI with 4 doors.... also, not really why they built it with 4 doors, but look at the difference in insurance costs between a 2 door and 4 door, then tell me its a dumb vehicle
    Again, insurance costs are the LAST thing on my mind when it comes to picking out a FAST vehicle. Awesome looks + awesome performance = want. Boring looks + awesome performance = still boring. Get it?

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    HAHA, the guy does not know how to spell "torque", he spells it "tork" multiple times, wow, he should not be allowed to have a eBay account

TORK
    You know, a lot of people can't spell. A lot of rather intelligent people can't spell. But here's the thing. It's called SPELL CHECK. It makes even the worst speller's problems simply disappear! And what's better, the more you use it, the better you actually get at spelling!! It's a win win situation!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    HAHA! I know what you mean, Bart! Racing sedans, then what... racing wagons...? Well I mean staion wagons... cuz actually, these are a blast to watch in a race! http://www.wpca.com/video.aspx
    Its like the chariot race in Ben Hur!!

Bart

People that drive Subaru's are freeking strange. I've never met a Subaru owner that wasn't a nutcase.

I've had a few Porsches in my time too. Maybe I'm a jerk, or maybe I just don't like the wierdos that drive subaru.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSOBX View Post
    People that drive Subaru's are freeking strange. I've never met a Subaru owner that wasn't a nutcase.

I've had a few Porsches in my time too. Maybe I'm a jerk, or maybe I just don't like the wierdos that drive subaru.

Bart

I know all the ones around here drive like morons....

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    I know all the ones around here drive like morons....
    That's cause their all Jack's age. Just Kidding, Jack!!!

Bart

My boxster was extremely reliable. It broke on me once and left me stuck in Myrtle Beach for a few days longer than I was planning....darn.

I drove it every day, all year long. My insurance didn't go up significantly. I don't like having a back seat cause that means I have to drive more often when a few friends want to go somewhere.

I think people that drive VW's are strange too. I think it's the same group of people. They are the same people that decide not to eat meat. Losers!

My boxster was extremely reliable. It broke on me once and left me stuck in Myrtle Beach for a few days longer than I was planning....darn.

I drove it every day, all year long. My insurance didn't go up significantly. I don't like having a back seat cause that means I have to drive more often when a few friends want to go somewhere.

I think people that drive VW's are strange too. I think it's the same group of people. They are the same people that decide not to eat meat. Losers!
    LOL, I'm not so sure vegetarians fit the mold exactly, but yeah, the VW clan is like some weird alter ego of the VX clan maybe. Most of the VW people I know of fall into the yupster crowd.

This whole discussion really is interesting. There certainly is a stereotype associated with certain vehicles. Like all stereotypes, it's never 100% of the time true, but I would say it's damn close!!! Especially for those pompous BMW drivers!

If you watch Breaking Bad you will understand how much I loved this scene:

Burn BMW, burn!

Bart

PS - I have to admit though, I love BMW motorcycles...