Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: strange vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    That is a very bizarre vehicle. Maybe someone is very handy with a MIG welder and has lots of time to boot.

It would certainly be interesting to get the skinny on that rig.

Personally, I don't like Subi's either (sorry kid, Worm). Explain to me what about a 4-door sedan is exactly cool? I mean, don't get me wrong. I know they are fast to begin with. I know you can mod the beejezus out of them and make them wicked fast. But is that it? I mean, it's a SEDAN, and a VERY GENERIC looking one to begin with. I just don't get it. Why spend $30k+/- on a car like that when you could buy a used 911 for that much and have a real sports car? Someone, please help me understand!! Is it just the "ricer" subculture that is attractive to so many people? If so, that's fine, but I just don't get it. I'm not knocking them or anything, I know they are good cars, but I just don't get it. Is it just a fad?

They look about the same to me.

And the Outback wagons, are nothing more than hippy cars for hippies that don't genuinely care about the environment.

Bart
    Ya, you're right. You just don't get it. Trust me, I could go on and on about that VX that you drive. Hypocrite.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    I never cared for the early mustangs until about '67 to '72 and never cared for the '80's or '90's versions. Went to the Auto Show in 2005 and liked the Mustang GT...but, didn't want to spend 29 grand + for one.
    I have to admit, the one thing that I do like about the modern muscle, is AT LEAST there is some semblance of style. I agree, the 80s and 90s stangs had a piss poor design, just pug ugly all around. The new Stang at least looks decent, despite it being a throw back, which was intentional. The new Camaro looks decent too, but there is just something about it that don't like and for the life of me I can't put my finger on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    I'm not a poster child for Ford either...only owned one other...'79 Bronco. Other than snapping a timing chain & toasting a motor plus rusting profusely..it was reliable.
    It's funny, my dad has always been a Chevy nut. I never really took sides. But when I told him I liked the old Mach 1s, he was like, "really?". Like I kicked him in the nuts or something.

But, when it comes right down to it, I will walk over to the Ford line for one reason and one reason only, and that is what I believe to be the nastiest, knarleiest, baddest car EVER in the history of modern automobiles: The Last of the V8 Interceptors...

My life long dream car.

So Ford wins, even though it's Ford Australia.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Ya, you're right. You just don't get it. Trust me, I could go on and on about that VX that you drive. Hypocrite.
    Theeere you are Worm! Better late than never, eh?

It's ok, I still love you and Jack even though you guys like those 4-door race cars for some odd reason.

Bart

Theeere you are Worm! Better late than never, eh?

It's ok, I still love you and Jack even though you guys like those 4-door race cars for some odd reason.

Bart
    That's ok. You can ask questions that really have no answers all you like. It entertains me. Sorta like watching a 6 month old blow raspberries.

On topic though, I followed progress of this '09 Subaru Forester SEMA project emergency response vehicle.

Totally dig it. Pretty strange and until it is actually "field tested", it's just another show car to me, but I think that something like this might have a professional market if it went that route.

Full story here: http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...cle/index.html

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

My life long dream car.

So Ford wins, even though it's Ford Australia.

Bart
    really bart???? that thing??? its FREAKIN hideious!!!

looks like somebody chopped the crap outta an 80's mustang and tried to do some welding...but was a crappy welder...

plus, whats with the 4 exhaust pipes out the side??
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    really bart???? that thing??? its FREAKIN hideious!!!

looks like somebody chopped the crap outta an 80's mustang and tried to do some welding...but was a crappy welder...

plus, whats with the 4 exhaust pipes out the side??
    Jack, you mean to tell me you have never seen Mad Max or the Road Warrior before? Are you serious? I mean sure, if you don't like it that's fine, but to not know what it is from??? How old are you again?

Bart

definately not old enough to appreciate that ugly thing...

must be a fantasy thing from a movie??? or someone you know who drove one??

I love the two tone gloss and satin paint that this guy did.

Mad Max 2 is one of the best post apocalyptic movies ever made. Not seeing it is like not seeing Star Wars. It’s just bizarre.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    definately not old enough to appreciate that ugly thing...

must be a fantasy thing from a movie??? or someone you know who drove one??
    Originally, it would have looked like this:

And yes, that is the car from Mad Max. Isn't Mad Max or AT LEAST the Road Warrior like REQUIRED viewing for every male at the age of 12 or was that just me? Man, I guess I am getting old...

So you really don't like any of this stuff, Jack?

If you answer is no, than this explains a lot about things and why you like 4-door race cars. It's just a big generation gap I guess.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    I love the two tone gloss and satin paint that this guy did.

Mad Max 2 is one of the best post apocalyptic movies ever made. Not seeing it is like not seeing Star Wars. It’s just bizarre.
    Exactly, I don't understand how kids today grow up without seeing at least the Road Warrior, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, etc.

I mean, my dad showed me all sorts of stuff from the 60s and 70s, and I watched LOADS of movies as a kid. Jack, please tell me you have AT LEAST seen Red Dawn? I probably watched that movie like 1200 times as a kid.

The gloss and satin job is the "Black on Black" as it was painted in the first movie.

Bart

Exactly, I don't understand how kids today grow up without seeing at least the Road Warrior, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, etc.
    Bart
    That's still pretty odd, I mean that would be like us not seeing Planet Of The Apes, Dr Strange Love and Flight of the phoenix. It's just not right.
    Last edited by Moncha : 06/30/2009 at 06:06 AM Reason: Fixed text

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    OH MY GOD! Someone my age just said - "I don't understand how kids today..." You are aging faster than I am, me thinks!
    Perhaps, but I also suppose I said that jokingly...I think.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    That's still pretty odd, I mean that would be like us not seeing Planet Of The Apes, Dr Strange Love and Flight of the phoenix. It's just not right.
    Hmmm, I have neither heard of, or seen ā€œFlight of the phoenixā€¯. Time to queue it up.

Bart
    Last edited by Moncha : 06/30/2009 at 06:07 AM Reason: Fixed Text

Hmmm, I have neither heard of, or seen “Flight of the phoenix”. Time to queue it up.

Bart
    The Flight of the Phoenix

oh man...i guess im showing my age

no, but really.. i have heard of some of these films, but no...i havent seen em...never really been into sci-fi though to be honest...

and actually no on the cars bart, all of those look like over-heavy hunks of metal...i can appreciate them for being a good vehicle for their time, but they are dead now and FAR outdated...

dont get me wrong, i can appreciate that at the time, that was an amazing vehicle..but nowadays, it just seems useless. big, heavy, ugly, stock-has no power....yes with lots of $$$ and time one can make one of those really fast...but that can be said with ANY vehicle...

as whitney has watched us discuss throughout this thread she just keeps telling me, "its all about what you grow up with, thats what was cool when they were 16, so to them its cool stll...to you, japanese cars are cool, so its cool to you"....sadly enough, i think shes right again

I am 29 and I grew up as ricers were gaining popularity and fat exausts. I appreciate some of them but I also grew up with a '69 camaro in the garage. My real dad driving a '70 3/4 ton 4x and my grandfather (who owned a 39 ford until he was diagnosed with cancer when I was 15) owned his own auto parts store that I would play hookie from school so I could hang there all day.

Guess what I am trying to say is that age has nothing to do with it.