Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: strange vehicle

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

strange vehicle

alright, so im also on a subaru forum and unfortunately they have a section just for bashing other vehicles. they put this vehicle up, saying they werent really sure what the heck it was.
    kinda interesting....
    so, its a forester front end, with some serious offroad stuff modded on it...

but, the rear end is an axiom...what do ya guys think about that huh??

apparently its a russian guy who lives in colorado...

different, ill give him that

tom4bren should like the offset
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

PEANUT BUTTER KID--- Nope, that's the "prototype" of the new MARLIN Mobile-VX.

Too bad I puke everytime I hear Subaru's stupid TV commercial saying "Love, it's what makes subaru a subaru" omg i HATE THAT COMMERCIAL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    I'm pretty sure I saw those guys on a trail in Moab this year...unless it was a dream, sometimes it's hard to tell...

Dub, I think you're right. I could swear that we saw a blue Subaru Forester with a yellow exo-cage and a massive lift when we where out on Poison Spider Mesa. I think it also had similar large yellow lettering on it.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

well if your car sux

Quote Originally Posted by djvx View Post
    Too bad I puke everytime I hear Subaru's stupid TV commercial saying "Love, it's what makes subaru a subaru" omg i HATE THAT COMMERCIAL!
    how else are you going to sell it? I hate the one where the guy talks about leaving his bu a tree where others are parked so people can get the parts because it allows the vehicle to live on. What kind of sh#@ is that?

Buy a car so you can leave it for others to scrounge through.

Love the offset. Suprised he didn't put a full size spare on the back tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

That is a very bizarre vehicle. Maybe someone is very handy with a MIG welder and has lots of time to boot.

It would certainly be interesting to get the skinny on that rig.

Personally, I don't like Subi's either (sorry kid, Worm). Explain to me what about a 4-door sedan is exactly cool? I mean, don't get me wrong. I know they are fast to begin with. I know you can mod the beejezus out of them and make them wicked fast. But is that it? I mean, it's a SEDAN, and a VERY GENERIC looking one to begin with. I just don't get it. Why spend $30k+/- on a car like that when you could buy a used 911 for that much and have a real sports car? Someone, please help me understand!! Is it just the "ricer" subculture that is attractive to so many people? If so, that's fine, but I just don't get it. I'm not knocking them or anything, I know they are good cars, but I just don't get it. Is it just a fad?

Suburu STI

Honda Accord

They look about the same to me.

And the Outback wagons, are nothing more than hippy cars for hippies that don't genuinely care about the environment.

Bart

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post

Personally, I don't like Subi's either (sorry kid, Worm). Explain to me what about a 4-door sedan is exactly cool? I mean, don't get me wrong. I know they are fast to begin with. I know you can mod the beejezus out of them and make them wicked fast. But is that it? I mean, it's a SEDAN, and a VERY GENERIC looking one to begin with. I just don't get it. Why spend $30k+/- on a car like that when you could buy a used 911 for that much and have a real sports car? Someone, please help me understand!! Is it just the "ricer" subculture that is attractive to so many people? If so, that's fine, but I just don't get it. I'm not knocking them or anything, I know they are good cars, but I just don't get it. Is it just a fad?
    well...i would NEVER EVER EVER consider buying a porsche..i think they are 100% overrated, an old 911 wont keep up with an STI in straight, corners, stopping, or reliability most of all. i personally think that porsche owners are self endulged pricks, that think they are better than everyone else because they spent too much money on their car. (sorry porsche owners, i have never meet a friendly porsche owner in person)
    bart- for about 16-20k used you can pick up an STI nowadays...you get a car that is fast, corners great, stops on a dime, i can carry my 150lb rottie in, and i can drive year-round in colorado including back and forth to the mountains, and lastly but most important to me (as long as you dont molest it with mods) its reliable... theres the skinny for ya bart.

sorry, a little bit of a rant on the porsche thing...i just think that daily driver sports cars are retarded, how is it nice to only have 2 seats, only be able to drive your car 5 months of the year, and worry about it breaking down all the time, AND you cant work on it yourself??? that just seems to be true with all german sports cars....
    GREAT vehicle if it is stricktly used for racing, or a weekend toy...but never a daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    i personally think that porsche owners are self endulged pricks, that think they are better than everyone else because they spent too much money on their car. (sorry porsche owners, i have never meet a friendly porsche owner in person)
    Jack, did you meet Barts wife Linda in Moab? Granted she wasn't a porsche owner then...
    Last edited by CrnCnn : 06/16/2009 at 10:19 AM

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    Explain to me what about a 4-door sedan is exactly cool?

A 4 door sedan makes a better shooting platform for the homies.

Quote Originally Posted by newthings View Post

fo shizzle :bwgr:

well...i would NEVER EVER EVER consider buying a porsche..i think they are 100% overrated, an old 911 wont keep up with an STI in straight, corners, stopping, or reliability most of all.
    Do you have data on that? Our 1999 911 is so far the smoothest car I have ever driven. Cornering is amazing. Stopping, no problem. And I haven't owned the p-car long enough to really say, but I have never heard anything about Porsche's being not reliable. I read somewhere that 60% of all Porsches ever made are still on the road. Now, that is either a testament to their extreme reliability, or the fact that Porsche owners really care for their cars for the long run.

i personally think that porsche owners are self endulged pricks, that think they are better than everyone else because they spent too much money on their car. (sorry porsche owners, i have never meet a friendly porsche owner in person)
    Hmmm, I always thought of myself as a friendly person. And everyone we have met in the PCA has been VERY nice. We have even met some people who obviously have a very substantial amount of fun money, and no one has been anything but nice to us. The way you describe Porsche owners, is the way I feel about BMW drivers: 99% of the time, they are uber-pricks who think their poop don't smell.

bart- for about 16-20k used you can pick up an STI nowadays...
    THAT is exactly my point. For the SAME money you can have a Porsche used. Why the hell would I buy a used Subi when I could buy a used Porsche with SAME amount of money???? Sorry, prick or no prick, a Porsche looks WAY cooler than a Subi.

you get a car that is fast, corners great, stops on a dime, i can carry my 150lb rottie in, and i can drive year-round in colorado including back and forth to the mountains, and lastly but most important to me (as long as you dont molest it with mods) its reliable... theres the skinny for ya bart.
    OK, I understand the AWD aspect of it, but I would think an SUV would be a better choice for year round driving. That said, you just nailed it for me. You are talking about the practicality. Practicality = 4 door sedan. Honda Accord, Suburu STI, both practical, same thing to me. Subis have the AWD thing, so... IMO, it seems like all the kids who drive around these modded up Subis are buying them to play "The Fast And The Furious" with their friends. They are not buying them to drive over the mountain pass in the winter, while they might be able to, that is NOT the main attraction to these cars, as far as I can tell.

sorry, a little bit of a rant on the porsche thing...i just think that daily driver sports cars are retarded, how is it nice to only have 2 seats
    Our Porsche has 4 seats, the rear seats would not fit me however.

AND you cant work on it yourself???
    You got me there again, I won't even touch the Porsche. I might try to change the oil, but that is about it. But that said, how simple is a 2009 STI to work on? My brother has a Nissan 350Z and when I look under the hood I don't see anything but plastic and everything looks like it was intentionally buried so that the average grease monkey can't even begin to work on it.

that just seems to be true with all german sports cars....GREAT vehicle if it is stricktly used for racing, or a weekend toy...but never a daily driver.
    I dunno, I mean, winter aside, I could easily drive the 911 to work and back every day. We have a cabriolet, and a couple weeks back we took a nice long drive through the mountains with the top down and it was the most pleasurable driving experience I have ever had on a road. Still, personally, it's not my style (after all, it is the wife's car) as I would spend $20k an early 70s muscle car ANY DAY over any Porsche or a Subi.

And aside from all this, I just used Porsche as an example. I would spend $20k on just about ANY other "fast" car. Even my brother's 350Z has a cool look. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it wins all over the place when compared to a Subi. I suppose for me it has a lot to do with aesthetics. I don't care if the car goes 0-60 in half a second, if it's ugly and/or boring looking, who cares? I want both, form AND function. Otherwise you are just another soccer mom, wanna-be hippy, or ricer who watched Initial D one to many times.

But I guess I am just a freak who has watched Mad Max one to many times!

Good discussion,

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by newthings View Post

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post

But I guess I am just a freak who has watched Mad Max one to many times!
    Bart
    Finally, good Bart. The first stage is getting past the denial..