Thread: Favourite driving song

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey now, opera ain't bad. I can't understand a dad-gum word they're saying, but the emotion in their voices can bring tears to my eyes.

I would have to say that my all time favorite driving song would be "She Sells Sanctuary" by The Cult. What I listen to on a daily basis will change drastically, but I always gravitate back to that song.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Hey now, opera ain't bad. I can't understand a dad-gum word they're saying, but the emotion in their voices can bring tears to my eyes.
    Hell, no!!! Opera & Gangsta' Rap are the only two(2) types of music that will literally make me climb the walls. It's the exact same as fingernails on a chalkboard. Give me some Tower of Power!!!

Riff Raff,

I would definitely have to agree with some TOP!! Those guys got the funk so bad it makes my speakers smell funny.

Riff Raff,

I would definitely have to agree with some TOP!! Those guys got the funk so bad it makes my speakers smell funny.
    LOL, that's a funny "pun"!!! Yes, Tower of Power is my most favorite band of all time and I first started listening to them in 1973. I first saw them live in concert in 1978 after they debuted their "We Came To Play" album. I now religously see them every year each time they come to Seattle (at Jazz Alley) and I always reserve a seat front row & center. The band members all recognize my familiar face and now point at me with a personal smile-n-nod each concert I attend. Priceless.

You sure its not the pain in your ears thats causing the tears in your eyes??

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    You sure its not the pain in your ears thats causing the tears in your eyes??

PK
    x2
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

OK, now THAT'S funny, but c'mon; I'm not talking about the screaming banshee's who are in ranges that only dogs can hear, and I'm not that big on German opera's, but if you give Pavarotti or Andrea Bocelli a listen it's just amazing the amount of emotion that they put into their songs.

I'm not here to convert anyone, I'm just sayin'.....

I have always been amazed at people who can actually sit in an opera. The high pitched screams are everything but pleasant. And rap....OMG the songs would be less than 30 seconds if they took out profanity and offensive words.

OK, now THAT'S funny, but c'mon; I'm not talking about the screaming banshee's who are in ranges that only dogs can hear, and I'm not that big on German opera's, but if you give Pavarotti or Andrea Bocelli a listen it's just amazing the amount of emotion that they put into their songs.

I'm not here to convert anyone, I'm just sayin'.....
    Andrea Bocelli is really talented i'll admit. I do like him