Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: To park or Not to Park -- or Sell

Quote Originally Posted by PittVXr View Post
    I too have a 2005 CRV and a VX. If I had to make a choice I would push the CRV into the river without a second thought. Every morning I get in my VX, look up the street and see 3 other CRVs parked on my block. I probably pass another dozen or so on my way to work. In 7 months of ownership I have only seen one other VX driving around town. I for one love driving a vehicle that isn't like everyone else. I watched someone stop outside of my office yesterday to check it out. The CRV never gets a second look unless it is from another red CRV owner who parked next to me at the grocery store wondering which one is hers.

Find a way to keep the Vehicross.

I can keep it, if I decide to. All the cars are paid for. I usually only make one payment on a car.

buy a 2nd vx

that may not be in as good of shape pay for it with the proceeds of selling the Jeep and CRX. Baby one and daily drive the other. A 2nd can be had for $5500 here on this site.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    cars arent lawn ornaments or artwork....

they are the WORST investment one can make...

so are you really gonna spend your money investing on such a bad investment??

drive your VX and enjoy the hell out of it.. thats my vote
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Cars are not lawn oraments -- yes, I know.

They are poor investment -- yes, I know.

so are you really gonna spend your money investing on such a bad investment?? Ummm... this is not an investment. It is a cherry VX with low miles and I want to keep it that way.... i.e., the Jeep for off road.. I do not want to damage the VX......

drive your VX and enjoy the hell out of it.. thats my vote One vote counted. I think I'll park it and see how it goes in 10 years when I have 70K on it.

JGEORGE, Thanks for showing up for the Pacific Northwest Meet...... Oh that is right, you missed it.

"Ohhh Ouch" would love to have made the meet but I work Sundays.

A little brother will run you $10K.

If I had $10K for a little brother I wouldn't have said "give" I was just tryin to help a bud out.. sounded like the easiest solution to your problem..

Keith You Have a super ride! I think if you sell your VX you will regret it as soon as you give the keys to some lucky guy who gets in it, stomps on the gas and then T bone'd by a fully loaded semi truck! Or just drives away with the best PUV on the road. A jeep for 500 dollars is a good buy. if it wouldent offend any of the family you could sell that, maby look for another VX like circmand said. You could buy my 1968 VW baja bug! or find a samuri that is all ready lifted and ready for off road action( find one with lockers)

I dont think selling it is what you want to do. 02.$
    Back To The Primitive!

AK Falco,

I really do not have selling it in my heart.. I am just torn between wanting to keep it pristine and needing something better than the CRV to off-road with. That was part of the reason to buy the VX in the first place.

I have taken the VX off road and it does just fine... remember, I am the only one in the USA who has put down the cabbage for the Kilby - Bomb Proof - skid plate. ( way better than aluminum or fibreglass )

But, with parts hard to come by and the destruction off roading puts on it... I just hate to see it decline...... So I thought I'd park it.

When I go off-road, I tend to beat the **** out of the vehicle: bounce off stumps, tree limbs leaving scratches all over the sides, denting the bumper and lower panels etc.... So, I am getting really wary of going all out in the VX - because I love it so !!!!!!! And an - almost free - Jeep will go anywhere the VX will.... as far as I know.

You are right, I'd probably want to shoot myself the second I handed over the keys

JGeorge264,

Thanks for the offer, I guess I glossed over the "give" part of the sentence.

Maybe we should meet for a little ride and a beer.

But not on a Sunday !!

KeithVXlvr---

Ok, let's analyze your parameter requirements and come to the best solution for all of the criteria:

2005 Honda CRV = For urban usage.
    1994 Jeep for $500 = Sweet deal, immediate profitability.

VX Criteria & Solution:
    o Maintain Low Mileage = Disconnect Speedometer Cable.
    o Don't want to abuse VX off-road = Drive slow only in "Low Range".
    o Minimize VX gear & dog clutter = Get organized & put dog in kennel transport cage.
    o Park VX in garage with cotton sheet = Good idea; do it.
    o Only one in USA that purchased K.E. "belly pan" skid plates = Incorrect, you're the only one in the frickin' WORLD.

PROBLEM-SOLVING SOLUTION & CONCLUSION:

1994 Jeep = For Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    KeithVXlvr---

Ok, let's analyze your parameter requirements and come to the best solution for all of the criteria:

VX Criteria & Solution:
    o Minimize VX gear & dog clutter = Get organized & put dog in kennel transport cage.
    o Only one in USA that purchased K.E. "belly pan" skid plates = Incorrect, you're the only one in the frickin' WORLD.

1994 Jeep = For Sale.
    yea, second that. Take the jeep, sell it, drive that crv or what ever the hell it is daily, and bring out that beautiful VX with the 800 dollar belly pan you just bought on sunny afternoons and all VX meets for the next decade
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    KeithVXlvr---

VX Criteria & Solution:

1994 Jeep = For Sale.
    lol funny stuff. The skid plate makes it a kaiser tank! or was is a sherman? i cant remember what we decided on.

Holy crud, I am laughing pretty hard.

Riff Raff, You are correct. And thank you for your logical decision making and explanation.

I think I'll be available for more VX meets in the future.

Thanks for indulging my "thought" process.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithVXlvr View Post
    Store it or sell it ???
    My two cents...

You will probably not be able to get $10k for the VX, IMHO (I just sold a supercharged '99 VX with 106k on the clock for around $8k, after several price reductions), so selling it will not satisfy you.

If you park it and wait, you are making a bet on the eventual collectibility of the VX. I think you are blindly assuming that it will appreciate over the next 4 or 5 years, but there is absolutely no indication from the current market that it will become collectible. Quite to the contrary - Isuzus have depreciated significantly with the company's departure from the US market. If you put your VX in the garage now when it's worth $8k or so, you will most likely pull it out when it's worth $4k. Or less. So I don't think you will be happy with that plan, either.

Good luck.

I wouldn't park it to make money.

I'd park it to keep it nice.

I hate to see it get run down......

Kevin ... er ... Keith,

Get the jeep & only fix it up enough to satisfy your needs. It'll be your DD & beater.

Sell the CRV since you won't need it.

The VX stays in the driveway (or garage) as the Pride & Joy. It comes out for picnics, meet-n-greets, goin to church on Sunday ...

I have the VX insured for pleasure use only and only rack up 2-3K miles per year on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.