Thread: To park or Not to Park -- or Sell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    You rank a 2005 CRV and a 1994 Jeep Cherokee higher on the keep list than a VX I say sell it to someone who knows how to appreciate it.
    x2

There is no dilemma there. The CRV should be on the chopping block, not the VX.

Bart

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    x2

Bart
    the CRV or the Jeep should be first to be gotten rid of...not the VX..
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Hmmmm....... interesting input. Perhaps my phrasing is not clear.

I do not have the CRV or Jeep higher on the keep list. I fully agree the VX is the better car.. that is not the issue. I love driving it and owning it and being seen it it etc.......

I guess the real questions is... since I will have other vehicles... I have the opportunity to put the VX in a heated garage and cover with a nice cotton blanket. Keep it warm and in show car condition for the forseeable future.

I do not want to beat up the VX... I do not want to bounce it off a stump, F-it up loading all my gear in it and on it.. including the dog.

Is it better to store a perfect VX or sell it...

Quote Originally Posted by KeithVXlvr View Post
    Hmmmm....... interesting input. Perhaps my phrasing is not clear.

I do not have the CRV or Jeep higher on the keep list. I fully agree the VX is the better car.. that is not the issue. I love driving it and owning it and being seen it it etc.......

I guess the real questions is... since I will have other vehicles... I have the opportunity to put the VX in a heated garage and cover with a nice cotton blanket. Keep it warm and in show car condition for the forseeable future.

I do not want to beat up the VX... I do not want to bounce it off a stump, F-it up loading all my gear in it and on it.. including the dog.

Is it better to store a perfect VX or sell it...
    100% store it and baby it. I'm pretty much there right now. I will drive her a couple times a month, and later this summer when (if) I have some spare cash, she is going to the body shop to have all the dents, dings, and scratches fixed, and I will replace the headlights with brand new ones and install a new hood insert. I can't wait to see it, she's gonna look brand spankin' new!

Bart

But then my VX will be the daily driver and I do not want to put miles on it...... Store it or sell it ???

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithVXlvr View Post
    Store it or sell it ???
    My two cents...

You will probably not be able to get $10k for the VX, IMHO (I just sold a supercharged '99 VX with 106k on the clock for around $8k, after several price reductions), so selling it will not satisfy you.

If you park it and wait, you are making a bet on the eventual collectibility of the VX. I think you are blindly assuming that it will appreciate over the next 4 or 5 years, but there is absolutely no indication from the current market that it will become collectible. Quite to the contrary - Isuzus have depreciated significantly with the company's departure from the US market. If you put your VX in the garage now when it's worth $8k or so, you will most likely pull it out when it's worth $4k. Or less. So I don't think you will be happy with that plan, either.

Good luck.

I wouldn't park it to make money.

I'd park it to keep it nice.

I hate to see it get run down......

Kevin ... er ... Keith,

Get the jeep & only fix it up enough to satisfy your needs. It'll be your DD & beater.

Sell the CRV since you won't need it.

The VX stays in the driveway (or garage) as the Pride & Joy. It comes out for picnics, meet-n-greets, goin to church on Sunday ...

I have the VX insured for pleasure use only and only rack up 2-3K miles per year on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Kevin ... er ... Keith,

Get the jeep & only fix it up enough to satisfy your needs. It'll be your DD & beater.

Sell the CRV since you won't need it.

The VX stays in the driveway (or garage) as the Pride & Joy. It comes out for picnics, meet-n-greets, goin to church on Sunday ...

I have the VX insured for pleasure use only and only rack up 2-3K miles per year on it.
    Now that sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    x2

Bart
    I wouldn't even consider getting the jeep.
    Save the $500 & use it to mod the CR-V suspension & get it on higher inches for off road.
    The CR-V is a excelent crossover plus is a more reliable SUV.
    Dakar was just the begining.

You could keep the CRV and Jeep and give me the vx.. mine needs a little brother...

Quote Originally Posted by JGeorge264 View Post
    You could keep the CRV and Jeep and give me the vx.. mine needs a little brother...
    JGEORGE, Thanks for showing up for the Pacific Northwest Meet...... Oh that is right, you missed it.

A little brother will run you $10K.

JGEORGE, Thanks for showing up for the Pacific Northwest Meet...... Oh that is right, you missed it.

"Ohhh Ouch" would love to have made the meet but I work Sundays.

A little brother will run you $10K.

If I had $10K for a little brother I wouldn't have said "give" I was just tryin to help a bud out.. sounded like the easiest solution to your problem..

Keith, I have to say that I envy your position. Right before the economy tanked I was looking for a daily driver so I could park the VX and stop putting miles on it. As SOON as I am able I totally plan on buying a second car, paving the way for the VX to become a garage queen. She'll be pampered (even more than she is now) and will only be taken out on sunny days for "fun" trips.

You really seem to love the VX so I would say that if it's paid for, or isn't taxing your finances too much, you should keep it. Reduce the insurance on it to strictly recreational and park it in the garage.

That's my two cents.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Exactly what everyone else is saying, CRV is a terrible excuse for a soccer mom's 4 door hatchback, and the Jeep well is a Jeep, kinda, but the VX is and always will be Unique. Can't put a price on that. The VX could be your daily driver, or off-road beast, but do not get rid of it, scrap the CRV piece of crap