Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Operation AWOL

I hear ya - I'm not even going to photochop it cuz I already know I want to bob it and paint the wheels to match. I am going to order a Softopper in tan and then try to find what paint best matches that. The M60 tho may get in the way.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

The softtopper in Army colors would be cool. It will give it that personnel carrier feel.

Bart

Not much of an update but an update nonetheless. I finally cleaned out the fuel tank and reinstalled it and the bed recently. I charged up a pair of batteries from another truck, added 5 gallons of diesel and hoped for the best. Well, it almost started! I think I had too much air in the lines or pump - someone else will have to fire it up. Thanks to the grill hoop on the Jeep I was able to hang a tire from it and push the truck back into the garage again to meet ordinance. Stupid diesels! It is a lot closer to operational now tho.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    lookin good justin...

i may be joining you on this boat sooner rather than later... been thinking lately that a CUCV would be a good trade for my acura... give me a beater for offroading and FABBING the crap outta it
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    lookin good justin...

i may be joining you on this boat sooner rather than later... been thinking lately that a CUCV would be a good trade for my acura... give me a beater for offroading and FABBING the crap outta it
    Sweet, man! Who needs a measely car anyway!? I talked to 'my assistant' aka best friend and I think we have decided to do over the next 2 weeks what I originally planned with the 2wd donor truck anyway. Since I bought 3 diesel trucks and can only have one unregistered outside - the ordinance issue may be the kick in the arse I needed to finally do the body swap. God that will be a lot of work - but if it gets me a winter vehicle it would be worth it - still, ugh. I'll keep you posted...

Glad to see you're still working on it. It sucks not having a 10,000 square foot detached garage, doesn't it?

I can't wait until you're done, and Beau is done with his VX and we can all meet up in our "Army Trucks" and enjoy eastern NV.

Bart