Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mobil 1 rebate

Doh!

Yes, 5 quart jugs, of course.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Five-plus (5+) Quart Jugs

I was at an Autozone and a Murray's/O'Reily's store this week and noticed that many of the suppliers are now packaging their oil in 5+ gallon jugs. Actually 5.28 gallons to be precise. At the same time there are 'sales' at the same places for $3.99/qt for Valvoline SynPower for example.
    Are they liquidating the typical quart and 1 gallon and 5 quart jugs for this 'new' 5+ quart deal???? Don't know, but did stock up on the 1 qt. deals on Valvoline Synpower for my '04 Dodge Rumble Bee truck. Not sure if i want to switch for my VX though.
    Now i see Castrol Syntec at Murray's for $4.99/qt. Never seen that or any of the others that low except for the Valvoline at the $3.99. These are very fair prices and although i still change my oil at 2500 miles in all my vehicles I still use the Full Synthetics. Just cheap insurance as far as I am concerned!
    Are prices becoming a little more on the 'fair' side? Who knows!
    Scott in Michigan (BeeVenom)

I have an AZ card

they send me a coupon for $19.99 I get 5 quarts of Mobile 1 or my choice of synth oil and an oil filter (max 2)

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVenom View Post
    I was at an Autozone and a Murray's/O'Reily's store this week and noticed that many of the suppliers are now packaging their oil in 5+ gallon jugs. Actually 5.28 gallons to be precise.
    See, he did it too

those 5 gallon jugs

must be real heavy. Do they come with a dispenser like the 5 gallon water jugs do?

mobil one rebate

I do not know about you but I called again today and was told the end of august batch is still not sent and they are telling people to wait til Oct 1st and then call back and they will take your name and number and call you back at a later time.

Finally got my Mobil 1 rebate check and boy am I glad. Would hate to think I paid full price for that stuff. I'm sure it does a wonderful job in a lot of vehicles but I will NEVER put it in the VX. Too dangerous! I tested it out in the ThunderAce because, as those of you who ride know, you can tell how good oil is with your left foot. Was impressed at first - very slick shifting. The T-Ace, like the VX, is known to have oil burning issues. It's never been a big deal to me - just have to remember to check the sight glass every 1500 miles or so. I end up adding a pint halfway between oil changes - so usually after 8 or 9 tanks I add a pint, go another 8 or nine tanks, change oil, etc. So typical oil burn rate for the 29,000 miles I've ridden it is about 1 quart/3000 miles.

But three tanks after I changed to Mobil 1 my oil light came on! It was already a quart low! (and it only holds about 3.5 quarts) I topped it up thinking maybe I screwed up on the oil level when I changed oil/filter. Nope - went another 3 tanks and was a quart low again. We're talking a burn rate of a quart in 600 miles here! WTH? Don't know why it burns Mobil 1 five times faster than Rotella but it does. At least in my motorcycle. And that's why Mobil 1 will never go in my VX. That Mobil 1 stuff - it bring bad Karma to my motorcycle! Kind of scary seeing that oil light come on! After the second time I drained it out of the bike and put it in the pressure washer. At least the pressure washer has a low oil cutoff - no need to keep an eye on it! I've never seen the low oil light on the VX - and don't want to! The VX burns maybe half quart of Rotella between oil changes - which is not too hard to live with - so I think I'll stick with the program. It's gotten me to 95K with no probs.

Synthetic oil might be slicker and last longer - but good old fashioned petro oil is good enough - especially when you change it every 3K anyway - and it definitely lubricates better than no oil at all!

I finally got my rebate check

I had to call Mobile themselves who knew nothing about the trouble with the rebates. I will use the 20 quarts I bought but I am not impressed with anything yet. Nothing seems different that nprmal quaker state so even with the rebat the stuff is way over priced.

Finaly got my rebate today YAY! i thought i got screwed by the usps again.
    Back To The Primitive!

trust me

Quote Originally Posted by AK Falco View Post
    Finaly got my rebate today YAY! i thought i got screwed by the usps again.

on this rebate it was not USPS screwing it up. The company hired had absolutely no concern about getting these out in the time promised

I got my 10 bucks back yesterday!

Bart

Got mine today.

Got my $20 yesterday - and I sent it off really late so I wasn't expecting it at all.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"