Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Things That Aggravate

This one will get me a lightning bolt down the shorts fer sure.

What aggravates me:

Someone who mods a rig for one thing and brags about how it helps in other areas when it don't.

Man, I put an 'lectric fan in this thang & now it takes off like a bat outta hell!!!

That's just colder-n hell in my book
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Not really something that people say, but something that really chaps my azz, is when people write checks at stores like Wal*mart, or the grocery store. I mean, COME ON! It's 2009!!! There are PEOPLE BEHIND YOU!!!! EVER HEAR OF A DEBIT CARD?!?!?!?!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Not really something that people say, but something that really chaps my azz, is when people write checks at stores like Wal*mart, or the grocery store. I mean, COME ON! It's 2009!!! There are PEOPLE BEHIND YOU!!!! EVER HEAR OF A DEBIT CARD?!?!?!?!

Bart
    Some times if you need groceries and dont have the money in the bank that day it is easier to write a check. They dont take checks out of your account right away, so if you get paid in a day or two... We used to have to do it all the time.

Sorry for making bad desicions in life and making people wait while we write a check.

I have a thing for impatient people. It has grown here in Reno. A lot of people on this side of town think they are entitled to uber fast service and for people to get out of their way cause they have lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    Some times if you need groceries and dont have the money in the bank that day it is easier to write a check. They dont take checks out of your account right away, so if you get paid in a day or two... We used to have to do it all the time.
    Well, I guess if you goal is to buy some time then I can understand, and normally I don't care, but when the line is like 10 people deep and you get some old lady writing a check at snail speed, it is annoying. In reality you should be careful with that though. I don't write checks unless the money is in the bank, especially now because a lot of places (and this has happened to me before) do an ACH credit at the end of the day and the money comes out right then and there, regardless of if you are writing a check or using a debit card.

Sorry for making bad desicions in life and making people wait while we write a check
    Jesus, dude...

I have a thing for impatient people. It has grown here in Reno. A lot of people on this side of town think they are entitled to uber fast service and for people to get out of their way cause they have lots of money.
    Dude, what the hell does that have to do with it? Trust me, I am a pretty damn patient person actually (hasn't that become apparent to you by now?). When I am behind someone writing a check, I don't say a damn thing, but it does annoy the hell outta me. But in my opinion, what I am talking about has nothing to do with patience OR MONEY. I has to do with COMMON COURTESY. It's the same kinda people who walk into a post office with the stuff they want to send NOT EVEN BOXED UP YET and wait until they get to the counter to fill out all their forms and then discuss EVERY SINGLE SHIPPING OPTION UNDER THE SUN with the clerk while there are 18 people in line waiting. IMO, it's just rude and incredibly inconsiderate. But I AM a patient person, and I AM a kind person, and I NEVER say a damn thing. But it DOES ANNOY ME.

Bart

Well, I guess if you goal is to buy some time then I can understand, and normally I don't care, but when the line is like 10 people deep and you get some old lady writing a check at snail speed, it is annoying. In reality you should be careful with that though. I don't write checks unless the money is in the bank, especially now because a lot of places (and this has happened to me before) do an ACH credit at the end of the day and the money comes out right then and there, regardless of if you are writing a check or using a debit card.
    Yeah, we dont have to do it anymore. It really sux if you get caught with your pants down, get charged extra money and all.

Dude, what the hell does that have to do with it? Trust me, I am a pretty damn patient person actually (hasn't that become apparent to you by now?). When I am behind someone writing a check, I don't say a damn thing, but it does annoy the hell outta me. But in my opinion, what I am talking about has nothing to do with patience OR MONEY. I has to do with COMMON COURTESY. It's the same kinda people who walk into a post office with the stuff they want to send NOT EVEN BOXED UP YET and wait until they get to the counter to fill out all their forms and then discuss EVERY SINGLE SHIPPING OPTION UNDER THE SUN with the clerk while there are 18 people in line waiting. IMO, it's just rude and incredibly inconsiderate. But I AM a patient person, and I AM a kind person, and I NEVER say a damn thing. But it DOES ANNOY ME.

Bart
    I was just throwing my aggrivating thing in. Wasnt calling you out.

There have been many times where snooty people throw a fit because they have to wait a little longer for their service. I know I can lose my patience but come on, lighten up people.

Yeah, we dont have to do it anymore. It really sux if you get caught with your pants down, get charged extra money and all.
    Yeah, like I said, it's happened to me before so I don't do it anymore.

There have been many times where snooty people throw a fit because they have to wait a little longer for their service. I know I can lose my patience but come on, lighten up people.
    Oh I agree. I lived in Boca Raton, FL for 7 years. That place is simply UNCANNY. The rudeness level there is OUT OF THIS WORLD. If anyone has ever spent any time in that town, you will know exactly what I mean, otherwise it is almost impossible to put into words.

Bart

Somethings that annoy me are: People that get right up on my arse when I'm in the left lane and doin 65 (almost the speed limit). People who seem to get annoyed when I'm checking out at the grocery store and realize I forgot something and leave the cashier standing there while I run and get it. Then they really seem to be annoyed when I reach for my checkbook. People that don't want to let me back in after I've passed them on the right for miles after the "Right lane is blocked sign." I just don't know what's wrong with people these days. Like people behind you that honk when you're in the Drive-thru window at the Bank (you've been waiting almost as long as they have) and they start honking before you can finish filling out your deposit slip. And they relly get antsy when you send the carrier to the cashier because you need a pen. Go figure.
    Last edited by handeeman : 06/29/2009 at 01:05 PM
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Another thing, I'm standing in the parking lot of a shopping mall and a guy ask "How do you get to downtown from here?"(let's see if ya did a 180 degree turn you could see all those tall buildings, I would assume you'd go that direction) So I just told him "My brother-in-law takes me."
    Last edited by handeeman : 06/30/2009 at 01:27 PM

Wink

Personally, I always thought if a person is going to (for example) a particular grocery store or particular gas station and they know for sure their going to be purchasing stuff @ that time (i.e. groceries, gas) and going to pay by check and NOT just casually shopping... why they don't pre-fill out a check (i.e. store's name...even pre-sign) then when they get to the register, they only have to fill out the total. Saves ALOT of time that way...I've done it that way in the past, pre-debit card era.

I absolutely HATE when people come up to me to ask me about my VX (or Mustang GT) and it's REALLY only for them to use as a conversation starter which quickly changes to them babbling on..and on...like they are lonely souls who really don't care one iota 'bout your vehicle...just want to talk your ear off!

I absolutely HATE when people come up to me when I'm re-fueling the VX (especially when gas prices were really high) and say "Hey, I'll bet that thing gets great mileage...it's so small...I should get me one of those...sooooo what kind of mpg do you get?" A: I tell them the truth and then have to listen to them babble on about how it can't be so, with it being so "small". Must be something wrong...etc... B: I tell them the absolute best mpg I've ever achieved in 9 years (23 mpg) and THEN listen to them say...wow, I thought it did better than that! OR, C: I completely 'lie' and say 31mpg and listen to them say..."That's pretty good....Who makes it??" Which usually leads to more B.S.....Scion...Suzuki...etc...etc...

I completely despise anyone stupid enough to approach me to tell me how ugly the VX is...ask the last few people how THEY felt when I was done with them.

Totally hate when I park FAR away from a public place (bar, store, ice-cream stand, etc...) and the lot is not crowded yet some smuck pulls in & parks right next to me, nice & close with tons of empty spaces much closer to the place of interest... reminds me of another thread
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 06/30/2009 at 12:30 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    Totally hate when I park FAR away from a public place (bar, store, ice-cream stand, etc...) and the lot is not crowded yet some smuck pulls in & parks right next to me, nice & close with tons of empty spaces much closer to the place of interest... reminds me of another thread
    LOL...THAT never fails. The VX is a gawker magnet, there's nothing you can do...

Quote Originally Posted by handeeman View Post
    Another thing, I'm standing in the parking lot of a shopping mall and a guy ask "How do you get to downtown from here?"(let's see if ya did a 360 degree turn you could see all those tall buildings, I would assume you'd go that direction) So I just told him "My brother-in-law takes me."
    Huh??? I'm confused. Wouldn't a 360 degree turn have the person simply spin himself around in a circle and be facing the exact same direction again??? I guess if you told him enough times to do it, then he'd get dizzy and forget about why he wanted to know how to get downtown.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post

I absolutely HATE when people come up to me to ask me about my VX (or Mustang GT) and it's REALLY only for them to use as a conversation starter which quickly changes to them babbling on..and on...like they are lonely souls who really don't care one iota 'bout your vehicle...just want to talk your ear off
    Hey Jolly, could you please send me a photo of yourself so I won't accidently see you somewhere and start talking your ear off...
    Last edited by Moncha : 07/16/2009 at 08:21 PM Reason: fixed quote

I hate solicitors who come to my front door and start by pretending they are interested in me or my dog or whatever. Just say what you're selling so I can kick you off my porch. Then when you tell them you're not interested they want to know WHY. NOYB.....just leave.

I also HATE to be out in public with my family and hear people using profanity. It's MF this and MF that with no regard for who's around them.

Yep, like the other day I was in IHOP for breakfast. I ordered eggs and sausage. The waitress asked me "how do you like your eggs?" I answered "I like-em just fine" she said "No I mean how do you like them cooked?" I answered " I like-em better that way." I then asked her if it was link sauage or patty? she said "link" I asked her how many links do ya get? She said "4". I told her that would be great, but could I get all 4 of mine still tied together ? She said she would see. In a couple of minutes I hear this noise from the grill area (I think I heard the mf word) and I see this chef's hat stick out from under the grill and look at me. My waitress came back and told me the cook had gone thru 3 boxes and the best he could do was 2 pair. I told her that was ok I'd try to eat-em that way. I think she even mumbled something as she walked off. Good service is so hard to get these days.

Neighbors dogs barking non-stop for hours.

I have 2 dogs and every one of my neighbors has at least 1 dog. I understand that dogs bark, I get that. But non-stop, ruin your dinner, cant sleep with your windows open is a bit much.

I just fixed the problem at 4am this morning when his dog woke me up. I went over and gave him a piece of my mind. I don't think it will happen again.

Not really a thread jack, just seemed like the best spot to vent.