Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Things That Aggravate

Cell Phones....I'm at 7-Eleven the other day and there is a little line at the cashier. The guy in front of me is steadily yapping on his cell phone. There is a BIG sign on the counter saying "Please do not use cell phones while checking out". The cashier charges me for my coffee and the guy on the phone gets ticked cause she skipped him. She tells him he is not a customer until he hangs up the phone. What a GREAT moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    I hate these big women that always seem to be behind me at the grocery store and they are so anxious to check out they keep hitting the back of my foot with the shopping cart.
    Years ago, before cell phones were quite common, people carried beepers. A woman about as wide as the grocery isle (walking very fast) cut my wife and I off with her grocery cart. She then stopped cold and her beeper went off. I looked at my wife and said "Look out honey she's backing up!"
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    C'mon Scott, you mean you don't watch the "Real Housewives of NJ"? What about "America's Next Top Model"

We have such quality programming these days. My fix is Netflix!

Bart
    How did you know those were my favorites. I've got to get Netflix! I've been meaning to sign up for a year or so
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    I've got to get Netflix! I've been meaning to sign up for a year or so
    The really cool thing about NetFlix is that it is the "only" place you can rent Blu-Ray DVD's. No other video rental service out there carries Blu-Ray's except NetFlix. If you have a Blu-Ray player and a 1080p TV, then it's the only way to go. Not every movie is a "keeper", so I'm not gonna' buy a Blu-Ray movie at $40 (+/-) each, and permanently add it to my video library without renting it first.

Back on the subject of aggravation-- I totally agree with everyone's examples. It makes me feel a lot better that I'm not the only one that gets annoyed by other people.

I've told many people-- "The only thing saving your @ss from me not killing you is capital punishment laws and the fact that I don't want to go to jail-- otherwise you'd already be dead!!!"

and people say

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    I've told many people-- "The only thing saving your @ss from me not killing you is capital punishment laws and the fact that I don't want to go to jail-- otherwise you'd already be dead!!!"
    The death penalty is not a deterant

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    The death penalty is not a deterant
    The death penalty is ABSOLUTELY a deterant. If don't affect another bad guy it certainly worked on the one that was sentenced to death.

You have to read the whole post

The death penalty is ABSOLUTELY a deterant. If don't affect another bad guy it certainly worked on the one that was sentenced to death.

Title And people say
    Body the death penalty is not a deterant

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Title And people say
    Body the death penalty is not a deterant
    Read the whole post and again I'll say the death penalty IS a deterrent

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    hmm... lets see...
    1. one of my biggest is people who go UNDER the speed limit in the fast lane..MOVE OVER!!! thats why the slow lane is there.

2. tail gators....ya, im gonna cough up the $20 for some rear fog lights to go on my roof rack pointed at the drivers seat of the cars behind me...

3. since i work at retail- (and im forced to ask everyone i see if they need help) when people wont even give you enough respect to look at you when they talk...thats definately number one lately...i really am getting ready to go crazy on some rude arsehole... and the best part about this one is our conversation always goes like this ......(me) hey you need any help?...(them) no...so i walk away, and 15 minutes later they come up and ask me questions... i always wanna just look down and ignore them...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

The Help Desk.... doesn't!

People who park their 4x4 Dually Super-Duty King-Cab truck in a regular parking spot at the grocery store. Park that monster out in the back row, or better yet, leave it home.

Every "Tree Service" in my area. "My tree is not DEAD. See all those leaves growing in the lower branches? Why would you cut down a living tree?" (I finally put a sign on my front door to this effect.)

People who talk/text on their cell phone while driving, and are absolutely unaware of anything going on around them.

Really LOUD commercials. (I have to turn the sound off. I'm sorry, but I really willl not miss Billy Mays.)

And finally... getting OLD!! I need glasses to read, my back hurts all the time, and I sweat without even working hard. Gimmee a break!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

I hate following a car in the left lane and as he passes a car in the right lane he gets just in front of the car and lows to that car's speed. I'm behind one slow car and beside another TRAPPED LIKE A RAT!

I hate people who go pick someone up and they sit out front honking their horn

Can't stand people who answer their phone in a movie theatre or an assembly. They talk as they're walking out. DRIVES ME NUTS.

I hate that gas is priced with a .9 after the price. Why the .9 cent?

I hate that gas prices change sometimes twice in a day yet the gas in the tanks was paid for at one price.

People who are considered something of an authority by others (but especially, those who are self-proclaimed) in any given specialty or on any particular topic who start to think that makes them an authority on EVERYTHING.

People who go out of their way to try to piss other people off or just make things more difficult than they would be otherwise, whether it be out of jealousy, spite, etc.

People who think the world is their trash receptacle.

Tailgaters.

Car Alarms.They are nothing more than a sound to let everyone around know the owner forgot to turn off alarm before opening door. I've never actually seen an alarm go off cuz car was being broke into.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Car Alarms.They are nothing more than a sound to let everyone around know the owner forgot to turn off alarm before opening door. I've never actually seen an alarm go off cuz car was being broke into.
    if you always saw people breaking into cars with alarms.....wouldnt that defeat the purpose??

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    if you always saw people breaking into cars with alarms.....wouldnt that defeat the purpose??
    NO! The alarm goes off to alert that the car was being broke into. The suspect wouldn't know until it was too late and alarm went off. The alarm can't prvent the break in, it can only alert that it has happened.