Thread: Product Recommendation -- NOT SPAM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    ...although IMO the soap isn't any better than the generic gallon jugs you find at your local auto store. The real key is the integrated filter, which is what ultimately prevents contaminates from creating spots...
    Yeah, you are correct about the filter. That is the majority of the solution. However, in my experience the Mr. Clean soap has that "polymer" where you can actually watch the water dry off in a sheet. Its really cool. Almost like the water is being peeled off. But the filter is a big part.....just my opinion

I have used the "ICE" product on the VX (Kaiser) and the wife's (Black) car. Been really impressed, easy to put on and easy to take off. I do it in the garage in the shade not sure about if would come off easy in the sun. another thing it dries clear so you don't get the white left overs in the cracks etc. Good stuff.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

Quote Originally Posted by handeeman View Post
    another thing it dries clear so you don't get the white left overs in the cracks etc. Good stuff.
    That's a really good advantage over the Meguiar's waxes that I usually use. Their products fill and shine awesome, but they do leave residue.

Btw, another handy product is the Mother's Mini-Powerball. For those of us who are not yet enlightened enough to use the Refinish Restorer or Gator Back products (or all the way through their bottle of B2B yet ) it really speeds the process of putting on the cladding dressing. You still have to do a final wipe down with a cloth to make sure it's perfectly even, but it reduces the elbow grease factor by at least 90%. Just make sure if you're using a cordless drill that you have multiple battery packs ready!