Thread: Vehicross on Ebay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I saw that interior. A little more interesting than standard. I'm running in a new engine on my other car this week so rather than drive around aimlessly might nip down to Hove for a look.

I've been down to Hove and had a long chat with Clive. He was very helpful and informed. He's had them for quite a while and he's in no rush to sell, hence the fairly high prices. He is willing to deal though so worth a chat.

The maroon one has only the leather seats taken from another for a client that wanted cloth seats, so it had no matching door cards or steering wheel. It has had a bash on the drivers side and had a new wing. The colour match is good, but the wing isn't sitting quite right. I think an easy fix - just needs unbolting and repositioning. I couldn't see any other evidence of the prang. When I saw it it was a bit mucky generally, but would probably clean up fine. The other major thing was that it has the overrevving problem which is down to the inlet manifold gasket. Clive was fully forthcoming with all of the faults and during discussions offered it to me for two different prices - one to fix the problems (and replace the cambelt) and one to take it as is. Needless to say if I was going to buy I'd go for the 'get it done' price.

The green one looks lovely and has no problems. It was genuine very low mileage and 1 lady owner. The only fault was that it had been garaged for a while and water had dripped onto the drivers wing, so the paint is faded a bit.

I'd just like to reiterate here that Clive was very open about the faults and I had a good chat with him. I would buy from him if they were cheaper!

Hope that helps.

Nick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.

Quote Originally Posted by alterastro View Post
    ...........if they were cheaper!
    The magic words My engine rebuild ended up costing me more than expected so this might have to go on hold for a bit. The second car sounds more interesting than the first now I know the interior's a pick 'n mix.

Still, I've the week off and still have 700 miles to rack up so might go for a look.