Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The Internet Parts Thread

For any die-hard Isuzu fans out there, maybe this would be a cool coffee table book? Granted it looks like it's all in Japanese, but I would bet there's some cool pics (notice the VX nose in the cover collage).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ISUZU-MEMORIAL-C...item3f0309a246

StonGuard Headlight Protection

$70 including shipping and looks like a custom fit. I'll post this over in the 3M Headlight Polishing thread also...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STONG...Q5fAccessories

New Isuzu "Snowflake" 15x7 rim, $95 includes shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu...Q5fAccessories

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Or maybe these for KAT...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I ran their compatibility check, says no go on the VX. As for comparing to wet okole, not a chance, the wet okoles are made for the seat, as in custom made, just like the leather that is on it right now. Nothing short of coverking will be like the Okoles, but they too are a couple hundred bucks.
    Chris I'm beginning to wonder if you work for wet okoles on the side....
    Dave & I had the wet okoles on our D90 for 5 years, absolutely great seat covers, expensive, but terrific. The D90 had fabric seats, so the Okoles worked out great. But I prefer my leather Recaros just as is.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Parts VX in Hammond, Indiana

Looks like a junkyard parting out an Ebony with significant front end damage. Side and rear cladding and body panels look good though.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/pts/1984858748.html

Nissan-Badged Borbet CW3 Rims in Germany

http://translate.google.com/translat...item483ce3c35a

I know, I know, it says shipping is only to the EU. But I'm pretty sure this guy has listed the rims multiple times with no buyers, so maybe he'd be willing to ship them international for the right price? 299EU ~ $417 USD, so even if he tacks on $400-500 for shipping you're still paying a price comparable to buying rims here.

No worries on the Nissan badging, they're just stickers that can be peeled off and replaced with OEM Borbet stickers from eBay. And I've got an extra cover in the garage to replace the one that's cracked.

Food for thought.

I am not getting this obsession with the Borbet wheels. They are just brushed 5 stars? There are much better looking wheels out there for a much lower price? I can't see paying a grand for those, without tires no less?

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I am not getting this obsession with the Borbet wheels. They are just brushed 5 stars? There are much better looking wheels out there for a much lower price? I can't see paying a grand for those, without tires no less?
    I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it. Is it because they were used on the VX02 or is it something about the rounded styling that just grabs some of yall?
    To each his/her own though.

Quote Originally Posted by samneil2000 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it. Is it because they were used on the VX02 or is it something about the rounded styling that just grabs some of yall?
    It's just the styling, pure and simple...you all like your style, I happen to drool over this style. I like the color and finish, the smooth lines and the 5 spoke, not too busy, just really slick looking. And I liked them before I even knew they were on the VX-02.

Gosh dang it, just describin' what I like about them and here I go again drooling over these....and wantin' dem bad! .....

and yes Marlin, thanks got the hook!

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    It's just the styling, pure and simple...you all like your style, I happen to drool over this style. I like the color and finish, the smooth lines and the 5 spoke, not too busy, just really slick looking. And I liked them before I even knew they were on the VX-02.

Gosh dang it, just describin' what I like about them and here I go again drooling over these....and wantin' dem bad! .....

Crap, now I want some too

Lol, the king of polarizing/questionable styling decisions now questions others? J/k, couldn't help but poke back.

Quote Originally Posted by samneil2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT
    Well I guess I'll come at it from a slightly different angle. I've never been a fan of aftermarket rims for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that they often cost decent/big ching for little to no difference other than a questionable stylistic upgrade. That said, there are two reasons why I don't like the stock 18" rims: the chintzy (IMHO) chrome finish that inevitably flakes and the angular wheel design that makes dust collection more severe and cleaning more of a pain in the @ss. So for me the answer was a brushed aluminum finish with a more rounded/smooth shape, which you obviously see in the Borbet rims. Coming from the sports car world (and particularly from a sports car with this style rim) I really like the 5/7 spoke design, which to me conveys more of a sport feel as opposed to a truck/SUV/utilitarian feel. As with the rest of my mods, I wanted something understated that could pass for OEM but be a nice visual upgrade. Apparently the VehiCROSS design team came to this same conclusion, as they featured this rim not only on the VX-02 but also in white-colored form on their Ironman show truck. I would be lying to say that the VX-02 connection and rarity of the rim aren't a part of the decision-making process, as they do after all add an even more unique aspect to an already uncommon vehicle. But there are other factors as well.

All of that to say that obviously this is not the desired style of many (if not most) of the membership here, but for anyone interested in this particular rim I'm happy to help in locating them. I don't know for sure how many sets Borbet produced, but since I only see a set for sale globally once or twice a year I thought I would post it here.

Cararama 1:43 VX model in Foxfire on eBay UK, ships worldwide...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cararama-ISUZU-V...item1c165e17dd

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    As with the rest of my mods, I wanted something understated that could pass for OEM but be a nice visual upgrade. .
    Dude Man...you & me are in the same mindset...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Dude Man...you & me are in the same mindset...

Right. All VX's came with a coffin, right?

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post

Ah Hell, now *I* want 'em too! Damn your eyes, vt_maverick!

Don't forget - in addition to (exorbitant) shipping, you WILL pay Customs/Duty on these too. Now where my pistol and ski mask is - there must be a dozen convenience stores within 10 miles of me!
    Last edited by TheGanzman : 10/21/2010 at 02:30 PM