Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Thread: The Internet Parts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Roof rack - I thought these where a "most wanted"? $110.00 ebay...
    why is it still up for grabs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISUZU...item1c12a3eacf
    Those are in GREAT shape!

only used

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    Those are in GREAT shape!
    on a 2002 VX?

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Lol ok Sue, as part of my daily research I usually go to Google and type "vehicross site:craigslist.org" then sorting the results by most recent. The advantage over SearchTempest is that you can search CraigsList nationally without having to page through hundreds of empty CL sites.
    Oh wow, that's great info, I'll try that....cuz I hate using Tempest for just that exact reason!
    I have standing daily searches on ebay with a variety of spellings of roof rack, cross members, vehicross, v-cross, etc...and I never got notified of this roof rack....I gotta go back and check to see if any of my searches have expired w/o me realizing it, or if this specific listing had a misspelling or other reason it didn't meet criteria.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Miscellaneous Spare Parts for Sale on Detroit Craigslist

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/pts/1749708530.html

I'm passing through this area next week and may be able to facilitate (i.e., inspect but not carry or ship) transactions. If anyone's interested let me know.

I WANT the front bumper. I'll email the dude to see what's up.

Thanks for posting.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

dibs on the rear area cargo mat....

I will contact him shortly.

You want my rear area mat? I'm never going to use it again, its like new. Kind of like the rest of my '01 VX. (30k miles lol)
    - To Err Is Human, To GET SOME is Divine -

Lol ok Sue, as part of my daily research I usually go to Google and type "vehicross site:craigslist.org" then sorting the results by most recent. The advantage over SearchTempest is that you can search CraigsList nationally without having to page through hundreds of empty CL sites.
    Dude...you need to try site mash....here is the link.... way easier than what your doing now!!!!!

It searches both ALL craigslists and Ebay at the same time for you....

http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi

Free OEM bra (lower part only though ) in Denver:

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/1741028150.html

Quote Originally Posted by BigMeatVX View Post
    Dude...you need to try site mash....here is the link.... way easier than what your doing now!!!!!

It searches both ALL craigslists and Ebay at the same time for you....

http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi
    Wow, Alan, that is way efficient! I actually like both of these "new" (new to me) search functions just mentioned. Oh great, more ways for me to spend time on my computer...great

Thanks for the tip BigMeat. I really like the way it auto-pulls pics from CraigsList ads and displays them as thumbnails in the results list. But it doesn't seem very comprehensive to me. For example, because all it provides is a pre-populated dropdown, I can only search for "Isuzu Vehicross" - meaning anything listed under only Vehicross wouldn't show. The site also only seems to list vehicles in the results set, and many of them are repeated (whereas Google removes duplicative entries by default). I see you can also search by parts, but it only retrieves 9 total results. For comparison, when I search MashUp for Isuzu Vehicross I get 99 vehicle and part results from eBay and CraigsList combined. When I search those sites independently I get 2,095 eBay results and 84 CL results. The only reason the CL result count was that low was that I filtered on posting dates of Apr 1st or later, which is another option MashUp doesn't seem to offer.

Maybe I'm just using it wrong? Seems like a much better interface than SearchTempest, but not as thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Wow, Alan, that is way efficient! I actually like both of these "new" (new to me) search functions just mentioned. Oh great, more ways for me to spend time on my computer...great
    Theoretically the increase in efficiency should mean that you'll spend LESS time on the 'puter. Let us know how THAT works out for Ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Thanks for the tip BigMeat. I really like the way it auto-pulls pics from CraigsList ads and displays them as thumbnails in the results list. But it doesn't seem very comprehensive to me. For example, because all it provides is a pre-populated dropdown, I can only search for "Isuzu Vehicross" - meaning anything listed under only Vehicross wouldn't show. The site also only seems to list vehicles in the results set, and many of them are repeated (whereas Google removes duplicative entries by default). I see you can also search by parts, but it only retrieves 9 total results. For comparison, when I search MashUp for Isuzu Vehicross I get 99 vehicle and part results from eBay and CraigsList combined. When I search those sites independently I get 2,095 eBay results and 84 CL results. The only reason the CL result count was that low was that I filtered on posting dates of Apr 1st or later, which is another option MashUp doesn't seem to offer.

Maybe I'm just using it wrong? Seems like a much better interface than SearchTempest, but not as thorough.
    DOOOD!!! We might hafta start calling you 'pocket protector boy'!!!

Ashley, I found the same issue, so that's why I like having BOTH search functions. I'll use mash up for the actual truck only. With the thumbnail pics, it makes scanning for roof racks easier!

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    DOOOD!!! We might hafta start calling you 'pocket protector boy'!!!
    Well I have spent the last 9 years developing "data" gathering web applications for the government.