Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seat Brackets - Where's Allan

Seat Brackets - Where's Allan

Anyone hear from Allan lately? I ordered a set of seat brackets from him two months ago and last I heard (a month ago), he was shipping them out that week. He hasn't been responding to email since then...

How much did he charge you?

What are the seat brackets for?

I rigged a set to lift the rear of the front seats about an inch or so to gain clearance for my amps. I just bought some longer bolts (made sure they were Grade 8, of course) a couple of washers, and some large rubber stoppers (about an inch thick and 2-1/2 inches wide) with a hole drilled through the middle. It doesn't look bad and you hardly notice the seats have been lifted. I guess that's the poor man's solution.

I sent him a check a month or two ago too, haven't heard a word, and last I checked, the check had not been cashed.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    I last heard from him 6-22...
    I have been getting hit with some unexpected expenses - and told him I would be in touch soon.

Here I am just about ready to place an order ...

Hope he pops up soon!
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    I e-mailed him and received a response within the last few days. The price has gone up. What address are you using?

How much is he charging for them now?

When I ordered mine in May, it was $65 + $15 shipping. He said he would only take cash or a cashier's check, so I sent him a cashier's check, which means money gone for me. I'm also moving in a week and don't know if he has my new address (I emailed it to him).

I don't remember which address I mailed the check, but I know he received it. I've been emailing im at vehicrossxx@aol.com (or something like that).

Allan's handle here is BigMeatVX.
    When I ordered my brackets, I used MYABBAKA@aol.com, but it was in Feb, and I don't know if it's still active.
    2001 Kaiser "The Silver Shadow" VX #841

Smile If you wait for them... they will come...

Just want to jump in Allan's defense. I was in the same boat just a few weeks ago. I sent a payment to Allan few months back and have not heard from him since. He also did not respond to my emails. Turns out he was extremely busy plus he had some issues with the welder. Got my brackets just a couple of weeks ago, didn't have a chance to install them yet. Allan is a good guy so don't worry about it - you are not going to loose your money. He is just behind in orders and have too many things on his plate right now. Brackets are worth the wait from what I've seen.

Cheers.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    From my previous correspondance with him, I agree. He doesn't seem the kind to run off. (besides, we know where he lives)
    I was more worried that something happened to him.

So the question is, do we wait until he is not as backlogged before placing an order? or just go ahead and order now?

Allan? You out there?

I bought a set from Allan and they're still in the box, don't know if I'm going to put them on. When I get around to cleaning out my garage I may list some items on ebay. I don't think I will be seliing them for $65.00 as I believe I only paid like 40 or 50 bucks for them.

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    The xxx address is the one I used to contact him.

I am not worried about Allan running away with my $$$, just worried that he's gonna send the brackets to my old address.