Thread: I am having start issues diffrent from others i found

Unhappy I am having start issues diffrent from others i found

Ok, I went to start the Isuzu today and she turned over then acted to start then when it would usually continue running it died?. Did this several times then I thought about pushing the gas down? when I did thin it started and ran until I let off the gas? did this a couple of times then it stayed running. Went around town started AND RAN LIKE A CHAP? This morning went out and did the same thing...? What would this be? I am not getting any codes or anything have 44K on it
    Last edited by stokes_osu : 09/04/2011 at 10:43 PM

When you start it with the foot on the gas, then put it in drive or reverse and take your foot off the gas does it die, or keep running. Also, does the idle fluctuate a lot as it is starting to run, like you are reving a little bit, then stalls out?
    Ryan Christiansen

Trooper Skid Plates, OME 912's, Stric9 Sliders, Load Warrior with extension, Apline sub in rear door, Apline front speakers, Alpine head unit, Definity Dakota MT 285/75 R16, Aussie Lockers Front and Rear, 4.77 gears and Warn Manual Hubs.http://picasaweb.google.com/RyanVehiX

thanks for working with me...

I never put it in gear while I was pushing the gas down? After starting it by putting my foot on the gas it idled down and ran fine all day, I THOUGHT THE PROBLEM WAS A GLITCH UNTELL TODAY IT DID IT AGAIN. This time I got it running with my foot on the gas and when I let it off it died the first couple of times then it started working? it is like an older vehicle in the winter when the choke is not working to keep it running at first? kind of like the thing that sets the idle is not working at first.:

Try cleaning your idle air control valve. might want to search here for IAC.

Sounds like the fuel pressure regulator

Ditto what Willy said...maybe replace your fuel pressure regulator and your fuel filter for good measure. Fuel filter is a canister shaped object on the inside of the frame rail on the passenger side near where the frame rises to clear the rear axle. A former member (Dino) wrote up a nice fuel pressure regulator replacement how-to: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12021
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Change the FUEL FILTER "first" before doing anything else!!! Fuel filters by nature are very fickle. Once your fuel filter is clogged, it's clogged for good and the only cure is to replace it. All of the symtoms you describe relate to a clogged fuel filter.

If the problem still persists after a new fuel filter is installed, then look at the fuel regulator as a possible culprit. However, I strongly believe your problems will go away by simply changing the Fuel Filter. In addition; use high octane Premium Gas, if you don't already. You'll be amazed how well the VX runs with a brand new Fuel Filter and high octane Premium Gas!!!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I have the exact problem on both VX's, just this last saturday swapped out idle control valve and replaced fuel pressure regulator and I dont think it has ever idled that smooth!

Thanks Jay, he took over and did my fuel pressure regulator!! AND gave me a Mr. Clean carwash.....I think that was a hint to wash it.....
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    IAC or fuel filter, like everyone else said
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden